Offensive Line

He's saying that the 2009 defenses bore some responsibility in some of our losses, which is true, in the example of the VT game.

Easy to blame the defense, but the defense was like 1% responsible for that loss (Matt O'Hanlon being that sole 1%)

Our offense scored 5 field goals. We punted on 4th AND GOAL. I think you're being really nitty while missing the point of my post - we dominated that game but I put the loss on the offense for being completely unable to score in the red zone all afternoon.

that was my point earlier. the defense was not to blame, but they still could have won it for us. basically, the offense got the blame for the lose, the defense would have got credit for the win. i am going to say this again, a phase of the game can win the team a game even if the other phase or phase are performing horrendously.

He might be right on that point. I can't remember now if we had two deep safeties or not. If we did, then it's on Matt for letting the guy get behind him. If we called something different and Matt was assigned to a shorter zone or something else, then it's on that outside corner for getting burned.

He might be right on that point. I can't remember now if we had two deep safeties or not. If we did, then it's on Matt for letting the guy get behind him. If we called something different and Matt was assigned to a shorter zone or something else, then it's on that outside corner for getting burned.

matt slipped and fell. could not recover in time.

He's saying that the 2009 defenses bore some responsibility in some of our losses, which is true, in the example of the VT game.

Easy to blame the defense, but the defense was like 1% responsible for that loss (Matt O'Hanlon being that sole 1%)

Good God you're dumb. Selectively scapegoat much?

1. It was Matt O' Hanlon who chased down the Va Tech WR after the CB (Blue) mistakenly let the WR go because the CB thought he was playing zone.

2. Our defense had no less than 5 chances to win the game against the Hokies after Blue's huge coverage gaffe.

To blame O'Hanlon for the loss to Va Tech in Blacksburg demonstrates a disturbingly stupid lack of football knowledge and comprehension of what actually occurred in the game.

Go back and rewatch the last three minutes. Nebraska lost that game but it was NOT because of Matt O' Hanlon.

Who is the last player to get juked and miss the QB in the backfield? Suh. If he goes straight he makes the tackle and game over.

Crazy huh.

Yeah, stupid Matt O'Hanlon couldn't cover 2 guys 20 yards apart because the corner blew coverage....

/facepalm

Yeah, stupid Matt O'Hanlon couldn't cover 2 guys 20 yards apart because the corner blew coverage....

/facepalm

oh please, nit harder. you're missing the whole point of my post which was that the defense wasn't responsible for that loss.

/facepalm

oh please, nit harder. you're missing the whole point of my post which was that the defense wasn't responsible for that loss.

yeah, 1% is a very small percentage of blame. i hear ya. plus, iirc, o'hanlon was the blown coverage when he fell down and let the guy get behind him. it was an honest mistake, but costly.

I don't know how you can put O'Hanlon completely off the hook for that. You guys are weird, apparently mentioning him gets some people pissed off beyond all belief. I wasn't trying to start a riot, just saying that he blew coverage. And he wasn't the only one that blew it on that play; there was likely miscommunication, etc. The real moral of that game is that being that terrible on offense will catch up to you.

/facepalm

the defense didn't lose us the game, correct.

I don't know how you can put O'Hanlon completely off the hook for that. You guys are weird, apparently mentioning him gets some people pissed off beyond all belief. I wasn't trying to start a riot, just saying that he blew coverage. And he wasn't the only one that blew it on that play; there was likely miscommunication, etc. The real moral of that game is that being that terrible on offense will catch up to you.

Because Anthony West was supposed to cover the deep half/sideline, and O'Hanlon was responsible for the deep middle. West stayed shallow and O'Hanlon had to cover 2 guys, both running go routes, 20 yards apart.

Over the last several seasons and going into this one, there have been lots of negative remarks about our offensive line. I would like to say that there obviously has been magnificent improvement. IMO they get better each week.

The pass protection is very good. Can we keep the defense out of the backfield every play? Of course not. On the other hand Taylor is not running for his life on every play either.

The run blocking has become very very good. 5th in the nation in rushing. Heck, we almost have two 100 yd rushers every week.

I'm not sure if this improvement is on BC or his cast of helpers, but I have to admit, there is big time improvement all across the line.

Hats off to the offensive line and coaches!

What team are you watching? The right side of the OL just plane STINKS and Quale couldm't block my grandmother. We are 5th in the nation in rushing due to our I-Backs and a bunch of long plays against inferior opponents. Cotton has to go and hopefully with a new AD who has no emotional ties to a former player we can be rid of this guy and his accomplice the S & C coach. I'm just really tired of seeing O-linemen standing around after Taylor or one of the backs gets taken down for a loss, a short gain or a give away. My hat will be off when BC is on a bus out of town.

T_O_B

G>B>R