The Ohio State Film Controversy

bugeater17

From what i heard, on Sunday. Ohio St. film crew sent cut footage. It did not include the motions and shifts of the offense during the pre-snap. Narduzzi contacted the previous schools that Ohio St. had played and learned their footage included the pre-snap motions and shifts. He sent a complaint both to Ohio St. and the Big Ten. Ohio St. finally gave them a full film tape on Thursday. Narduzzi complains that wasn't sufficient time to prepare for Ohio St.

Meyers says he knows nothing about it and has no control over it, as that gets taken up with the film department.

Sounds like it has been settled without the Big Ten getting involved.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120929/SPORTS07/120929031/Michigan-State-files-complaint-Big-Ten-over-Ohio-State-game-film

What was the deal with Sean Callahan's tweet yesterday I saw that Nebraska had to contact George O'Leary at UCF for that game film. I had also heard Nebraska contacted Akron for film as well. Is ours hacked up to? I'm just curious. It wouldnt surprise me if Urban is trying to play games like this, but I doubt it. I dont know why someone would try something like that as easy as it is to get tape of a game anymore, of course a delay of 1 day could be enough to gain just enough advantage. I dont know what to think about this.

Bo said that nothing was wrong with the footage that Nebraska did receive, but said they had asked UCF for a copy of their tape. I don't why they only asked for UCF tape, didn't hear anything about Akron though. They haven't even played Akron.

As it was stated before, coaching really doesn't deal with how the video staff tapes or exchanges the film. But there are strict rules laid down by the Big Ten as to what each film staff for the team has to record and submit.

Bo said that nothing was wrong with the footage that Nebraska did receive, but said they had asked UCF for a copy of their tape. I don't why they only asked for UCF tape, didn't hear anything about Akron though. They haven't even played Akron.

As it was stated before, coaching really doesn't deal with how the video staff tapes or exchanges the film. But there are strict rules laid down by the Big Ten as to what each film staff for the team has to record and submit.

Miami(OH). Good Grief, I'm an idiot sometimes.

I just find it funny you never hear of things, then all a sudden here comes Urban and now accusations are popping up regarding recruting and hacked up game film. Makes you wonder dont it?

You figure he would contact MSU over UCF due to UCF being an extremely hampered offense trying to get Braxton to recognize reads more. the MSU game he was more let loose as well as the Miami game.

You figure he would contact MSU over UCF due to UCF being an extremely hampered offense trying to get Braxton to recognize reads more. the MSU game he was more let loose as well as the Miami game.

The MSU game is probably the film tOSU gave us.

I seriously doubt tOSU's video staff went rogue. I'd bet this came from higher up. It's Meyer's first year, figured he can play dumb and get away with it one time.

You believe it actually happened? It went from, complaint filed with the B1G office, to just the ADs talking to each other without any intervention from the B1G office. And MSU is the only one complaining about lack of tape when everyone else had complete tapes. And the news came immediately after a loss during a press conference about the game?

NCAA violation to doctor the tapes....why would OSU do that when on probation?

I seriously doubt tOSU's video staff went rogue. I'd bet this came from higher up. It's Meyer's first year, figured he can play dumb and get away with it one time.

You believe it actually happened? It went from, complaint filed with the B1G office, to just the ADs talking to each other without any intervention from the B1G office. And MSU is the only one complaining about lack of tape when everyone else had complete tapes. And the news came immediately after a loss during a press conference about the game?

If everythings fine, why are we openly getting tape from other teams. I'm just probin a little bit. He he.

If everythings fine, why are we openly getting tape from other teams.

Well according to your coach that is common practice for your team. He also stated that the head coach doesn't get involved with game film matters.

But what the hell would he know.

If everythings fine, why are we openly getting tape from other teams.

Well according to your coach that is common practice for your team. He also stated that the head coach doesn't get involved with game film matters.

But what the hell would he know.

meh. That's just coachspeak. There was something wrong with the whole batch. Admit it.

:lol:

If everythings fine, why are we openly getting tape from other teams. I'm just probin a little bit. He he.

Because it's the right thing to do when a story like this comes out true or not.