I hate Urban Meyer

I really think this isn't a big deal. Yeah they could have kneeled out the last 1:15 or so of the game. All things considered, handing off to their #2 back was just about the closest thing. I'm sure with less time on the clock they just go to a knee. They weren't especially trying to score with that call, just rewarding their backup with some extra carries on a good night before the starter returns from injury.

If their backup QB and entire 2nd string were in there, I wouldn't fault them for throwing.

I hate Urban Meyer because his first name is "Urban." I also hate him because his team was cheap shotting all night. How many face masks? How many uncalled cheap shots? How many thugs?

Ultimately I hate him because he figured out how to completely dismantle the Huskers while we could only sit by and watch.

Signed up to say this: While there's no way to know for sure why Urban didn't kneel it down, as an OSU student/fan, I think it has something to do with what your kickers did during halftime.

Typically, our band does Script Ohio during pregame, but since it was the homecoming game, they had to wait until after their halftime show to do it this time. In the middle of Script Ohio, the Nebraska kickers came out and were practicing field goals where the band was walking. That is unequivocally our most hallowed tradition. To me, it seemed intentional, but I won't ever know for sure. Not saying Pelini had anything to do with it, either. And they eventually moved their stuff to get out of the way. But in the minds of OSU fans who were at the game, the last touchdown made up for what your kickers did.

Also, every Nebraska fan I met this week was very cordial and respectful. I have the utmost respect for your fan base, and hopefully will be coming out there at some point for a game.

But yeah, here's a video of the kickers intruding. Obviously it wasn't anything too egregious but regardless, a lot of people felt disrespected, especially after our band's amazing halftime show (it's on the front page of Reddit, for anyone interested).

• Fire 1

I think that may have had to do with it. Interesting episode. Not sure Bo meant disrespect by it but it seems he should have known better.

Regardless of any of that I have no problems with a 2nd-string OSU tailback getting a token carry with a full 75 seconds on the clock. Yeah, maybe if you were scrambling with 10 seconds to go to get to the line and snap it, that'd be worthy of derision. But again, this is a non-issue.

I hate Urban Meyer because his first name is "Urban." I also hate him because his team was cheap shotting all night. How many face masks? How many uncalled cheap shots? How many thugs?

Ultimately I hate him because he figured out how to completely dismantle the Huskers while we could only sit by and watch.

Looked to me like two borderline offensive facemask calls that should have gone against Bell on that 70-yarder. Roby's roughing the passer call on that wasn't late at all, and neither was the other one called later on in the game. I don't think we were playing dirty by any means, the refs missed a few calls but for the most part were pretty fair, obviously Shazier's facemask was blatant but still.

And if it helps, Nebraska is the only B1G team besides my Buckeyes that I cheer for. You guys tend to have an amazingly classy fanbase, and we're lucky to have you in our conference. Besides, I think last night makes up for last year's game. :rolleyes:

I think that may have had to do with it. Interesting episode. Not sure Bo meant disrespect by it but it seems he should have known better.

Regardless of any of that I have no problems with a 2nd-string OSU tailback getting a token carry with a full 75 seconds on the clock. Yeah, maybe if you were scrambling with 10 seconds to go to get to the line and snap it, that'd be worthy of derision. But again, this is a non-issue.

I know it certainly fired the crowd up. I believe that's the first time that has ever happened, not cool at all.

How would Urban know about the kickers on the field during script Ohio? he's in the locker room figuring out how to beat the Huskers not worrying about TBDBITL.

Although I felt a little slighted by the kickers on the field the Stadium coordinators needed to manage that better. Kickers need to kick and the Band needs to play. Don't do a long show or find away to fit Script at the beginning of the game.

Breaking things in anger is just fine. Don't worry what the timid faint of heart people say. Any act of aggression terrifies them.

i think it is the irrationality that frightens people. probably the lack of impulse control and the immature judgment causes rational, reasonable adults any, if at all, fear.