First off, completely disappointed again tonight, especially on defense. Secondly really pissed at the people that are sticking up for Pelini. Do you not see that he is just not cut out to be a head coach at what USED to be considered an upper tier institution. This is his 5th year, he was supposed to be a "defensive genius", yet i still see people mucking it up about how bad Cosgrove and Callahan were. Its about like Obama still blaming Bush

TWO totally embarrassing losses by a head coach that was hired because of his defensive mind. Name one game in five seasons that Bo Pelini has won against a team he was not supposed to beat. If he were Callahan he would be in the process of being run out of town. I don't understand the love for this guy that some have.

Not at all. Just the comparison to Callahan is a bit of an overreach; there is definitely a difference between losing 8 and losing 4 a year.

Doesn't change the fact that losing games like this doesn't suck. For every fan, it does, whether you like Bo or not.

And yes I think Bo is cut out to be a head coach--it's going to take longer than 5 years for this to work out. I've said that from the start, and I'm going to say it again now:

Patience is going to be tested. We could take the easy road: hire a new coach; one of these "big name" coaches (Peterson? Who does he coach for again? Patterson? DWIs and drug possession while losing to Iowa State? Yes please!) and start the process all over again. Or we could take the more difficult option and stick with Bo. Let him figure out how to recruit players for his system, and to coach in general. It takes longer than 5 years for that to happen. When did Urban Meyer win his first National Championship? How long had he been coaching? Same thing goes for TO, and Saban, and all of these great coaches.

It's not easy, but in the end sticking with Bo is in my opinion the best option.

• Fire 3

These reactions are typical, and display the passion we have. But Bo's teams are resiliant. We'll probably win by 3 scores at Northwestern, have a inspiring performance against Michigan and all will be well again, for a bit, until the next pants-pisser. Yes, Boa and staff is learning on the job and I know many dont like it that way, but we can blame Pedey, the particular boosters, and coach himself who may have done some naughty things for firing a 9 win coach 10 years ago that caused a nationally known perception of Nebraska having insatiable expectations. No established coach wants anything to do with it. Bob Stoops was 8-5 in 2009, year after playing for National title, year before winning big 12.

• Fire 1

Accountability................what world are you living in..........lets give Pelini a 15yr contract(and even then you would be saying thats not enough time). Tom was never embarrassed like we have been twice this season(and its only half over). Pelini is a cancer on the program, kids, flat out do not what to play for him. His national image has killed recruiting!!!!!! We are slow on defense, our offensive line coach is horrible, Martinez panicked when the pressure was on, we are a mess, and these are this staffs recruits............What makes you think Pelini is taking us in the right direction after 5yrs? We have been schooled by 2 coaches in their first yr at their schools.

Accountability................what world are you living in..........lets give Pelini a 15yr contract(and even then you would be saying thats not enough time). Tom was never embarrassed like we have been twice this season(and its only half over). Pelini is a cancer on the program, kids, flat out do not what to play for him. His national image has killed recruiting!!!!!! We are slow on defense, our offensive line coach is horrible, Martinez panicked when the pressure was on, we are a mess, and these are this staffs recruits............What makes you think Pelini is taking us in the right direction after 5yrs? We have been schooled by 2 coaches in their first yr at their schools.

1) Accountability didn't ask for a 15 year contract for Bo.

2) Tom Osborne has been embarrassed before. Here's some scores for you. 27-0. 22-0. 35-10. 38-7. 45-10. Any of those sound like respectable losses to you?

3) Kids don't want to play for Pelini? You have proof, right?

4) How is his 'image' killing recruiting? If no one wanted to play for him, then why has he got recruits? Kind of kills off #3 doesn't it.

5) 2 brand new coaches. One that's been in the NFL most of his career, the other with 2 national championships. They obviously had no idea what they were doing with their new teams.

Not sure why I'm answering this, as this is really nothing but someone who comes around to bitch when the going gets tough, but your argument is nothing more than a rant.

These reactions are typical, and display the passion we have. But Bo's teams are resiliant. We'll probably win by 3 scores at Northwestern, have a inspiring performance against Michigan and all will be well again, for a bit, until the next pants-pisser. Yes, Boa and staff is learning on the job and I know many dont like it that way, but we can blame Pedey, the particular boosters, and coach himself who may have done some naughty things for firing a 9 win coach 10 years ago that caused a nationally known perception of Nebraska having insatiable expectations. No established coach wants anything to do with it. Bob Stoops was 8-5 in 2009, year after playing for National title, year before winning big 12.

You had me, then you lost me when comparing to bob stoops and his year after winning natl champ and big 12. I'm just looking to win a game against a good team.

Sorry Foppa, but there are high school teams in texas and florida with more team speed on defense then NU has, thus the remark about recruiting. Reality is that the top high school kids are not going to come to NU and play for Bo Pelini, his national image is not good. I think the last 2 recruiting classes are testiment to that. People say stars don't matter, look at Alabama, LSU, Florida, etc., good recruiting classes, Top 10 football programs...............just saying