i think this does not happen at home. we struggle with big games on the road. that needs to change. it is the little mistakes that add-up and let teams stay in the game until we bow out. we should some good things last night and had a pretty promising start. honestly, i do not think this is as bad as it looks. we only lose one more game and that is a pretty good season.

i think this does not happen at home. we struggle with big games on the road. that needs to change.

This. This is why I knew and expected a loss Saturday. This is also why I think despite a W against NW, it will be a huge battle and people will still be complaining. Historically, since Callahan's hire, this team does not perform well on the road. At all. This is the one thing I can and will fault Bo for.

i think this does not happen at home. we struggle with big games on the road. that needs to change.

This. This is why I knew and expected a loss Saturday. This is also why I think despite a W against NW, it will be a huge battle and people will still be complaining. Historically, since Callahan's hire, this team does not perform well on the road. At all. This is the one thing I can and will fault Bo for.

that other thing, as i rewatch the game for unknown reasons, we were in this game for 3.5 quarters even with all of our mistakes. this game looked a lot worse than it really was. that does not make it acceptable, but we need to be reasonable and keep some perspective.

• Fire 1

I can't see any reason for keeping Bo either. Let's look at his legacy in 5 years:

1) Embarassed himself and the program on National TV (Texas A&M 2010)

2) Track record of "buddy" hires of unproven assistants. Either Bo doesn't want to hire experienced guys because he feels threatened, or none of the experienced guys want to work for him.

3) Recruiting has dropped off. Callahan brought in better recruits. He may not have coached them properly, but he still recruited better.

4) Nepotism. Cotton's offspring continue to get scholarships.

5) Top talent that does come, leaves. Klachko (sp?), Moore.

6) In-state walk-ons are given away scholarships that could be used on more talented players. I know this is not a popular view as many buy into the myth that walk-ons won all 3 championships for Nebraska in the 90's, but not one other successful program in America has as many walk-ons or former walk-ons starting as Nebraska does.

7) Constantly blames the players for not "executing." Not once has Bo admitted or tried to admit that a poor game plan contributed to a loss. That is a lack of accountability.

8) Blames the media (social and print) and fans for the ills of his program. In many instances he has complained of the microscope his program is under.

9) Is hostile in press conferences after losses. Generally comes across as very boorish.

10) Big games = big losses.

11) Has lost at home every year so far to an unranked opponent. Could still happen in 2012.

12) Has not yet fired a single assistant coach for poor performance. Everyone criticized BC for holding on to Cozgrove in 2007 and not firing him. Bo is / has done the same with his underperforming assistants for 5 years (exhibit A = Cotton). You can't have it both ways.

The program is trending downward. The defense had the advantage of Dennard and David covering a lot of mistakes in the last couple of years. The offense has shown signs of life, but is still very error prone. Nebraska is also playing it's weakest schedule since probably 2003 as only 1 opponent is currently ranked (Ohio State). Massive changes are needed to right the ship. Continuing in this direction any longer will only continue to keep the program down longer. It's time to cut our losses after the Iowa game (if not sooner).

To those who believe I'm wrong, let's revisit this after the next 3 games. This team has maybe 1 win at best against NW, Mich & Mich State, and may very well end up losing all 3. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear the worst is yet to come in 2012.

I can't see any reason for keeping Bo either. Let's look at his legacy in 5 years:

2) Track record of "buddy" hires of unproven assistants. Either Bo doesn't want to hire experienced guys because he feels threatened, or none of the experienced guys want to work for him.

3) Recruiting has dropped off. Callahan brought in better recruits. He may not have coached them properly, but he still recruited better.

6) In-state walk-ons are given away scholarships that could be used on more talented players. I know this is not a popular view as many buy into the myth that walk-ons won all 3 championships for Nebraska in the 90's, but not one other successful program in America has as many walk-ons or former walk-ons starting as Nebraska does.

7) Constantly blames the players for not "executing." Not once has Bo admitted or tried to admit that a poor game plan contributed to a loss. That is a lack of accountability.

8) Blames the media (social and print) and fans for the ills of his program. In many instances he has complained of the microscope his program is under.

9) Is hostile in press conferences after losses. Generally comes across as very boorish.

11) Has lost at home every year so far to an unranked opponent. Could still happen in 2012.

12) Has not yet fired a single assistant coach for poor performance. Everyone criticized BC for holding on to Cozgrove in 2007 and not firing him. Bo is / has done the same with his underperforming assistants for 5 years (exhibit A = Cotton). You can't have it both ways.

The program is trending downward. The defense had the advantage of Dennard and David covering a lot of mistakes in the last couple of years. The offense has shown signs of life, but is still very error prone. Nebraska is also playing it's weakest schedule since probably 2003 as only 1 opponent is currently ranked (Ohio State). Massive changes are needed to right the ship. Continuing in this direction any longer will only continue to keep the program down longer. It's time to cut our losses after the Iowa game (if not sooner).

To those who believe I'm wrong, let's revisit this after the next 3 games. This team has maybe 1 win at best against NW, Mich & Mich State, and may very well end up losing all 3. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear the worst is yet to come in 2012.

Not sure who you are or just a troll,but I think you know something. Bo better win out? Were you in Omaha today?

I like Bo and I'm not so sure that I want him fired, but someone please explain to me why he deserves a pass? Although I'm a Bo fan, I have no problem with members of this board criticizing him and lets be honest he deserves it after his team laid another nationally televised egg. My point being, I can understand fans criticizing him after another loss like that, but I find it harder to understand why fans are slamming other fans for criticizing him.

First off, completely disappointed again tonight, especially on defense. Secondly really pissed at the people that are sticking up for Pelini. Do you not see that he is just not cut out to be a head coach at what USED to be considered an upper tier institution. This is his 5th year, he was supposed to be a "defensive genius", yet i still see people mucking it up about how bad Cosgrove and Callahan were. Its about like Obama still blaming Bush

Wow, first thread created in almost a year, and it's herp-a-derp. :facepalm: Thanks for reminding me why the other 2/3rds of Nebraska would be fine with ceding the panhandle to become another state.

Please keep the politics to the political forum, and if you're truly a fan of Nebraska football and not just a Bo-troll, then stick around and take your medicine when the team is going well. If anything, it smacks of extreme cowardice to not post when things are going great, and then to just dog-pile on when things aren't going so well just to troll.

i think this does not happen at home. we struggle with big games on the road. that needs to change. it is the little mistakes that add-up and let teams stay in the game until we bow out. we should some good things last night and had a pretty promising start. honestly, i do not think this is as bad as it looks. we only lose one more game and that is a pretty good season.

It does happen in our house. The only thing that stopped it last year was that Braxton got hurt. If not, they would have had the same outcome as this year.

Anyone who thinks Bo does not have a bad national image is in denial. I live out of state, and every single person I talk to here think he's a hothead and an abusive coach. The screaming beatdown of TM is the image that people have of him. Sorry but it's true.

After you ask them about Bo, do you ask them about Saban? He is just as a hot head as Bo, but noone says anything because he won a championship.

I am most disappointed in the defense. I supported hiring Bo because he is a defensive "genius". My thought process was that with a great defense, NU would be in every game, and those years when the offense was good NU would compete for a national championship. In 2009 and 2010 all appeared well. Even with a bad offense, NU was playing for the Big 12 championship, and was only a decent OC away from perennial top 10 teams. What happend to the defense? Some say NU has bad players, but shouldn't a defensive genius be able to perform better than UAB with NUs talent? Is NUs defensive talent that much worse than Michigan State? MSU held OSU to 17 points. If Bo is not a good head coach, then he should delegate administrative tasks and focus on the defense. If he can't coach defense anymore he should go.

Accountability................what world are you living in..........lets give Pelini a 15yr contract(and even then you would be saying thats not enough time). Tom was never embarrassed like we have been twice this season(and its only half over). Pelini is a cancer on the program, kids, flat out do not what to play for him. His national image has killed recruiting!!!!!! We are slow on defense, our offensive line coach is horrible, Martinez panicked when the pressure was on, we are a mess, and these are this staffs recruits............What makes you think Pelini is taking us in the right direction after 5yrs? We have been schooled by 2 coaches in their first yr at their schools.

Thank God I don't have to have you at my tailgate. You may be a panhandler but you are no Husker.

T_O_B

• Fire 1

The screwups of his brother and Sanders hurt recruiting and continuity....that's all the excuses I got. I think there's been improvement in the D since the UCLA game but not enough to make up for B. Miller's speed and smarts. Urban Meyer is known to be a pretty good coach as well.

I think you have to consider that players can lose it if they think they're playing for a bunch of ingrates...which takes about one bad play these days.

Accountability................what world are you living in..........lets give Pelini a 15yr contract(and even then you would be saying thats not enough time). Tom was never embarrassed like we have been twice this season(and its only half over). Pelini is a cancer on the program, kids, flat out do not what to play for him. His national image has killed recruiting!!!!!! We are slow on defense, our offensive line coach is horrible, Martinez panicked when the pressure was on, we are a mess, and these are this staffs recruits............What makes you think Pelini is taking us in the right direction after 5yrs? We have been schooled by 2 coaches in their first yr at their schools.

The shutout to Arizona State in 1996 was not embarassing?

Bo fired Watson, and Gilmore. No he didnt throw them under a bus with a big fat pink slip, and did help them find other jobs, but hence they were let go because they did not fit here. FIRED. DUN. It was said by Sean Callahan that Watson and Gilmore, immediately following the Holiday Bowl, were no longer part of any team happenings, and that the two did not handle any recruiting in the time between the Big 12 championship and the Holiday Bowl. So dont say he never fired anyone for lack of performance, because those two actaully were. And holding it out until they found other jobs was a very positive thing. Made Bo look good, but wait a sec, I guess since he's such an ass and has no genuineness whatsoever, that didnt really happen.

• Fire 2

When I read these posts, I have to respond. And I have to say that..... until Bo loses six or more games, most of them ugly, we are not going to make a switch. And, try as I might to find a conspiracy in the hiring of the AD, I find it hard to believe that HP would hire a guy, with or without TOs say so, who is going to have knee jerk reactions to football results. Bo will stay until he has earned his way out the door. And the notion that this team won't at least get to seven wins with a bowl and a chance to get an eighth win is, at this point, being over reactionary. Call me back the day after we lose to Penn State, Minnesota or Iowa and we can have a more serious discussion.