"I wish I knew." -Bo Pelini 10/6/12

Just for the record, Bob Devaney was passionate, in-your-face and foul-mouthed to his players, who loved him.

Bob Devaney also charmed the hell out of the press.

A completely different coach than Bo Pelini.

"Fiery" is typically a good thing. "Hot-headed" not so much.

Bo is hot-headed.

That's your opinion, and I respect that, but I disagree. I think he's fiery. Less so than he used to be (which I loved when he was more fiery), but he's still a fiery guy, and I dare you to ask his players; they also love him.

A lot of people around here have openly said that it is a different game these days, so TO wouldn't have much to offer that would be relevant to today's game. (I happen to disagree and will leave it there.). However, Bill Snyder HAS proven that he can breath life into a dead, Midwestern program and make it relevant again.

Seriously, the man knows something that needs to be studied. He has less talent and far fewer resources than we do, yet he manages to achieve what many here deem impossible with what he has at his disposal. Whatever he is doing with his program is where we need to be. I'm all for bringing the guy in as a consultant after he retires. With our resources and his system, we could be back in the thick of things in no time.

Just for the record, Bob Devaney was passionate, in-your-face and foul-mouthed to his players, who loved him.

Bob Devaney also charmed the hell out of the press.

A completely different coach than Bo Pelini.

"Fiery" is typically a good thing. "Hot-headed" not so much.

Bo is hot-headed.

By that logic, so is Nick Saban.

/drops mic.

PS, I'm losing faith in Bo. But using "hot headed" is lol'd.

A lot of people around here have openly said that it is a different game these days, so TO wouldn't have much to offer that would be relevant to today's game. (I happen to disagree and will leave it there.). However, Bill Snyder HAS proven that he can breath life into a dead, Midwestern program and make it relevant again.

Seriously, the man knows something that needs to be studied. He has less talent and far fewer resources than we do, yet he manages to achieve what many here deem impossible with what he has at his disposal. Whatever he is doing with his program is where we need to be. I'm all for bringing the guy in as a consultant after he retires. With our resources and his system, we could be back in the thick of things in no time.

And Bill Snyder has been coaching longer then Bo has been alive...People comparing Bo to coaches that have been in the game for a long time are not all there...Why don't you guys compare him to coaches that have been coaching the same number of years and compare those and see what you think. I'm pretty sure it won't change your mind cause I'm sure you will come up with another excuse on why Bo needs to go.

It was a general statement to all...not just you Paul in WI

And Bill Snyder has been coaching longer then Bo has been alive...People comparing Bo to coaches that have been in the game for a long time are not all there...Why don't you guys compare him to coaches that have been coaching the same number of years and compare those and see what you think. I'm pretty sure it won't change your mind cause I'm sure you will come up with another excuse on why Bo needs to go.

I wasn't trying to make any comparisons between Snyder and our staff. I'm simply saying that he evidently is on to something that we need to learn from and aspire to, because frankly the state of Kansas has the same geographic shortcomings as Nebraska in recruiting talent and fielding good teams. He's a sharp guy and has obviously learned how to overcome some of the obstacles that are currently plaguing our program. We shouldn't be above evaluating his methodology in order to improve our football program. Afterall, that's how other programs caught up to us when we ruled supreme.

I wasn't trying to make any comparisons between Snyder and our staff. I'm simply saying that he evidently is on to something that we need to learn from and aspire to, because frankly the state of Kansas has the same geographic shortcomings as Nebraska in recruiting talent and fielding good teams. He's a sharp guy and has obviously learned how to overcome some of the obstacles that are currently plaguing our program. We shouldn't be above evaluating his methodology in order to improve our football program. Afterall, that's how other programs caught up to us when we ruled supreme.

I agree with you on that...Snyder is a great coach and it wouldn't bother me one bit if Bo got some lessons from him.

I agree with you on that...Snyder is a great coach and it wouldn't bother me one bit if Bo got some lessons from him.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't TO do this? I believe after getting beat up in the bowl games he either approached Bowden or vice versa. His staff worked with TO's staff to beef up our pass defense. They helped identify that we needed more speed. I don't think a young coach could possibly know as much as an older coach. It's better to have a young coach from an energy and fire in the belly aspect.

HA! - Bo burnt that bridge a long time ago with one of his many verbal tantrums. He'd have about as good of a shot of getting Pedy to return his calls.

Thanks husker_x. Well thought out post.

I too have been in the "wait and see" camp for awhile. Several posters here were outraged that anyone would dare question Bo . . . but now we're seeing what I've been suspecting. Ultimately, I see a coach without answers. I see a defense that is even worse than the average to below average defense that I expected. I see a shocking lack of team speed across the defensive unit.

This is not a good football team. Bo has had 5 years to install his system and to recruit his players. The result has been a steady but gradual decline since Bo's first seasons. There is no tangible progress and Bo's vaunted process seems to be a failure. I said before the season that I hoped that the wheels didn't fall off during this stretch of games (Ohio St/NW/Mich/Mich St/Penn St). Given what I've seen so far this season I won't hold my breath.

Go Big Red, and prove me wrong Bo.

Thanks husker_x. Well thought out post.

I too have been in the "wait and see" camp for awhile. Several posters here were outraged that anyone would date question Bo . . . but now we're seeing what I've been suspecting. Ultimately, I see a coach without answers. I see a defense that is even worse than the average to below average defense that I expected. I see a shocking lack of team speed across the defensive unit.

This is not a good football team. Bo has had 5 years to install his system and to recruit his players. The result has been a steady but gradual decline since Bo's first seasons. There is no tangible progress and Bo's vaunted process seems to be a failure. I said before the season that I hoped that the wheels didn't fall off during this stretch of games (Ohio St/NW/Mich/Mich St/Penn St). Given what I've seen so far this season I won't hold my breath.

Go Big Red, and prove me wrong Bo.

date question?