Welcome to the site OS82 and well said.

Even though we are new to the BIG, I believe there needs to be change about the conference. I don't blame Urban at all for what he did and glad that he did it. We need that slap in the face to realize what type of team that we have. I can't stand the new generation with the "take pity on us" attitude. I remember when the FSU coach back in the 90s told every coach what play he was going to play every down and still couldn't be stopped and he didn't stop when he had a high score.

Even if it was 100 to 0, I wouldn't be mad at any coach for still scoring the points. I would probably either leave the stadium or turn the tv off (win or lose), just because I would then be bored. But to see a team start slowing down would so they can give pity to the other team would just piss me off even more.

You know when you say it like that I tend to agree. When we have the upper hand I don't like to do this with Starters in because of the fact we are prone to injury and bad things happening so I would rather see us take the knee when we have already won handily like they did. I am not mad at Ohio st. for what they did, but I am mad that I thought that we would be able to compete for the title this year in the B10 and a Rose Bowl bid even after the loss to UCLA. Obviously that didn't wake up the coaches or players enough to put in the extra work to be better, that was obvious and very disconcerning.

As far as the bad boy Urban coming and changing the B10, yeah I think that could happen he has the tools to do so and his fire and dertermination if within the rules should be looked at by our entire staff.

It's all about talent baby...and we don't have it. Specifically on defense.

I don't know if I believe that. Yes we may not have the best talent, but look at K-State right now. Their talent level is not that much better than ours if at all. they are just put in a position to win.

The Point was that Nebraska takes the cheap way out. Always looking for how to save the money. We have a on the job head coach, on the job OC and DC. Can you say the same for any other top program, there maybe others, but I can not think of them. We skimped when we hired Bo, and who knows Bo may turn into a good head coach, but I seriously doubt it is going to be here.

Big time programs find what they need, not take what they can get and we settled because a certain booster wanedt Pelini, and agreed to foot the bill. Adios Peterson and Clownahan. Tom wanted Jim Grobe, but he would not come without his whole staff, we had some demands about Watson staying. I do not know if Grobe would have been the answer or not, but he does a lot wil the least in the NCAA.

Either way I think this experiment is about over. Another game like last weekend will catch the attention of the new AD very quickly, as this is the cash cow. And this sucker has a gaping wound, that is bleeding all over the recruiting. Would not surprise me to see Golden headed here in the next year or so.

The Point was that Nebraska takes the cheap way out. Always looking for how to save the money. We have a on the job head coach, on the job OC and DC. Can you say the same for any other top program, there maybe others, but I can not think of them.

Big time programs find what they need, not take what they can get and we settled because a certain booster wanedt Pelini, and agreed to foot the bill.

By on the job I'm assuming you mean first time on the job training...Beckman is an experiment but that's going backwards, Chizik was pretty much a noob HC unless you count one year at Iowa State as an ice breaker, Will Muschamp is doing pretty good and it's his first time to the ball, Mark Dantonio, O'brien seems to be doing some good in a very difficult situation. And exactly how many true top tier coaches are there...five maybe? It's the same predicament that OSU was in until the Urban thing fell in our lap. Pelini seemed to be a good hire, I wouldn't get down over that hire at the time regardless of your present feelings. UM couldn't find what they needed did they? It's harder than people think.

Just for kicks...if a top tier coach made his interest known to Nebraska you don't think they'd pony up?

Welcome to the site OS82 and well said.

Even though we are new to the BIG, I believe there needs to be change about the conference. I don't blame Urban at all for what he did and glad that he did it. We need that slap in the face to realize what type of team that we have. I can't stand the new generation with the "take pity on us" attitude. I remember when the FSU coach back in the 90s told every coach what play he was going to play every down and still couldn't be stopped and he didn't stop when he had a high score.

Even if it was 100 to 0, I wouldn't be mad at any coach for still scoring the points. I would probably either leave the stadium or turn the tv off (win or lose), just because I would then be bored. But to see a team start slowing down would so they can give pity to the other team would just piss me off even more.

You know when you say it like that I tend to agree. When we have the upper hand I don't like to do this with Starters in because of the fact we are prone to injury and bad things happening so I would rather see us take the knee when we have already won handily like they did. I am not mad at Ohio st. for what they did, but I am mad that I thought that we would be able to compete for the title this year in the B10 and a Rose Bowl bid even after the loss to UCLA. Obviously that didn't wake up the coaches or players enough to put in the extra work to be better, that was obvious and very disconcerning.

As far as the bad boy Urban coming and changing the B10, yeah I think that could happen he has the tools to do so and his fire and dertermination if within the rules should be looked at by our entire staff.

It's all about talent baby...and we don't have it. Specifically on defense.

The talent is there. Just like after the Florida and LSU games, OSU modified their defense. Utilizing a star LB (star position not famous one) instantly modified our defense and we began defeating spread offenses (Purdue at the time, and Oregon were the biggest ones)

It wasn't the players, but the positioning and how they attacked.

Didn't Bo Pelini sic 11 Huskers after Braxton Miller on every down?

A true coach with class never asks 11 guys to go after one and hit him as hard as they can....

Uh yea....yeah they do......all the time. we certainly didn't want them too hug baby Braxton, we wanted Eric Martin too rip his f'ing head off.

It's called football, its a violent sport, that's why people like it.

In all honesty nobody wants too see anyone get hurt or killed, but at the end of the day im not going too watch a bunch guys hug each other in tights. I want too see some hits, and being a running QB, well getting hit hard comes with the territory.

frink-777418.jpg

I would give anything to have that rotten, cheating, score running up, sneaky snake to be standing on our sidelines. The only part that I truly mean is to have him as our coach.

He did nothing wrong, he is a good coach, most likley one of the best, or will be when all is said and done.

You get what you pay for. Ohio State bought the best they could buy.

They won the game fair and square, although too many face masks for me, congratulations Ohio State, and I am afraid we will be saying that for as long as Urban is there.

Due to scheduling, NU won't see Meyer and OSU for 5 years now, unless they meet in the CCG. So NU won't see Meyer for another 5 years.

It would be pretty epic for one of the remaining 1-loss teams (Minnesota & Northwestern) to run the table decisively, win the Big 10 Championship, play an undefeated SEC team, and win the title. And to have Ohio State go undefeated.

Obviously this is a pipe dream in the extreme. But how funny would it be towards that smug Urban to see him undefeated, bowl ineligible, and see another Big 10 team leap frog them to take the title.

While I wish no losses upon my Skers, this situation would be pretty entertaining...

Seem Urban is not at all interested in making friends, I now see why most wish for his failure. No class at all! Make we wonder why he really left Fl!

He ADMITS he is not here to make friends with coaches and we LOVE IT! The last coach we loved was WW Hayes. Think he wanted to make friends?

BS. You can't tell me you don't love Jim Tressel. Yes he did a bad thing and had a bad year as a result, but everything else he did for the team, and the school, you can't say he didn't make an impact.

wtf is "running up the score" this is football,not baseball or criquet or any other panzy sport....This is a game of will,of domination,and of power...Hell we use to blow people out all the time,I hate Ohio State,hate em,but Urban did nothing wrong with not calling off the dogs.It's his job to coach and it's our job to stop him.Plain and simple.

Don't worry though Urban,get your licks in now,get your licks in now,because the time will come.There will be hell to pay,and the Blackshirts will be there to collect their dues.Broken bones and all.

Well, Urban is pissed after the embaressing defensively dip ah vs Indiana.

http://espn.go.com/c...meeting-defense

We're pissed too, you're making us look bad :P. I didn't catch the game but it sounds like Indie got some passing going. He's probably looking down the road and thinking that kind of performance won't work against Michigan. Denard's capable of connecting on some passes. Could be a tough game for OSU.

Urb seems to like the "don't dissapoint me" as motivation. It's probably effective since he's got the hardware to back it up.