How will TO's retirement affect Bo's job security?

Sparker

Sorry if this has been posted in other sections but I have been reading some of the speculation about Bo being in the hot seat and I wanted to see if you guys think this will have any effect. I'm not sure how much time is left on Bo's contract but we all know TO's philosophy is to give Bo more time. Is there any chance he extends Bo's contract before he goes to make sure he is safe? Conversely if this season goes downhill what are the chances the new AD just boots Bo out?

Sorry if this has been posted in other sections but I have been reading some of the speculation about Bo being in the hot seat and I wanted to see if you guys think this will have any effect. I'm not sure how much time is left on Bo's contract but we all know TO's philosophy is to give Bo more time. Is there any chance he extends Bo's contract before he goes to make sure he is safe? Conversely if this season goes downhill what are the chances the new AD just boots Bo out?

Then brings in the coach of Miami?

Then brings in the coach of Miami?

We could do a lot worse than Al Golden...but a lot better as well.

Doubtful Bo gets any sort of extension anytime soon unless he REALLY turns things around. Even then, extended contracts don't mean squat in today's game. Many contracts are terminated early with a buyout and Bo's would be too if the new AD wants him gone.

Thankfully, from what I'm hearing, it sounds like TO "retiring" is the first step in getting rid of Bo. So, to answer your question, it sounds like all of Bo's job security rode out of town with TO.

According to who I talked to yesterday,Bo is fine. He has to win only 3 more to get another year. The guy was pretty confident with his statement. NOw if the wheels come completely off then I am sure that can change real quick. The guy has never lied to me yet. Here is how Bo really keeps job security. Just win!

According to who I talked to yesterday,Bo is fine. He has to win only 3 more to get another year. The guy was pretty confident with his statement. NOw if the wheels come completely off then I am sure that can change real quick. The guy has never lied to me yet. Here is how Bo really keeps job security. Just win!

This^^^ Whether your guy has any inside info or not, there is no way the new AD pulls the plug on Bo in his first year unless things REALLY go in the tank. Those dreaming for a new coach this year are really wishful thinkers...very slim chance it happens.

That said, Bo's long term job security (anything past this year) got shorter when TO retired. Again, even if none of the rumors are true, it stands to reason that just simply based on the fact that Bo was Tom's guy, he had more security with him than he will with Eichorst, who very well may want his own guy.

Pretty simple deductive reasoning and just happens to be in line with a lot of rumors that are flying around out there.

Doubtful Bo gets any sort of extension anytime soon unless he REALLY turns things around. Even then, extended contracts don't mean squat in today's game. Many contracts are terminated early with a buyout and Bo's would be too if the new AD wants him gone.

Thankfully, from what I'm hearing, it sounds like TO "retiring" is the first step in getting rid of Bo. So, to answer your question, it sounds like all of Bo's job security rode out of town with TO.

Hopefully your posting security rides out of town with your rumormilling. :facepalm:

Hopefully your posting security rides out of town with your rumormilling. :facepalm:

Another person who thinks Bo needs to go... These people just baffle me eyeswear2allthatsholy

:dis

As long as we are moving forward, his jobs security is fine. We are better than we were last year, offense is stellar, and the defense is subpar. Next year we should have a stellar offense and a much improved defense.

Besides, I believe Eichorst said he is not coming in to change things, as he cherishes the values and traditions here at Nebraska. I would be shocked if he was to fire Bo. Besides, T/O has leverage until June of next year.

Another person who thinks Bo needs to go... These people just baffle me eyeswear2allthatsholy

:dis

As long as we are moving forward, his jobs security is fine. We are better than we were last year, offense is stellar, and the defense is subpar. Next year we should have a stellar offense and a much improved defense.

Talk about baffling.

Besides, I believe Eichorst said he is not coming in to change things, as he cherishes the values and traditions here at Nebraska. I would be shocked if he was to fire Bo. Besides, T/O has leverage until June of next year.

Although I agree that Eichorst won't make that change this year (unless things get really bad), please tell me what about Bo Pelini is reflective of Nebraska's values and traditions? This should be entertaining.

EDIT: I'll give you one to get you started...Bo appears to be running a clean program. He and 100 other head coaches at other programs.

What else?

This^^^ Whether your guy has any inside info or not, there is no way the new AD pulls the plug on Bo in his first year unless things REALLY go in the tank. Those dreaming for a new coach this year are really wishful thinkers...very slim chance it happens.

That said, Bo's long term job security (anything past this year) got shorter when TO retired. Again, even if none of the rumors are true, it stands to reason that just simply based on the fact that Bo was Tom's guy, he had more security with him than he will with Eichorst, who very well may want his own guy.

Pretty simple deductive reasoning and just happens to be in line with a lot of rumors that are flying around out there.

Here how the conversation went. I was really curious as to how Big time boosters felt. Me " Hey, is Bo in trouble?" Him " No,he is good." Me " What about New Ad coming in?" Here is the key quote Him: " New Ad will not have the political clout to fire Bo!" In other words Boosters are fine with Bo. When I am talking boosters I am not talking about the 500 to 1000 dollar donators either. I am talking about the real money men. Rumor mill needs to stop. Unless someone has something else or the guy just lied to me? Only known him 37 years.

So many people seem to want Bo gone now, but idolize T.O. and can completely overlook the fact that it took him 23 years. Im not saying I have 2 decades of patience, but you've got to give a guy a chance. Im sure glad we didn't chase Tom out after a few 9 win seasons (although I understand it might not have been to lack of effort to have him removed). Just a little tired of people only citing the sunny side of history to compare the current situation to.

So many people seem to want Bo gone now, but idolize T.O. and can completely overlook the fact that it took him 23 years. Im not saying I have 2 decades of patience, but you've got to give a guy a chance. Im sure glad we didn't chase Tom out after a few 9 win seasons (although I understand it might not have been to lack of effort to have him removed). Just a little tired of people only citing the sunny side of history to compare the current situation to.

You also have to remember Tom played for a few national titles in the 80s also. Miami, Lost to Penn st on the famous out of bounds play, Clemson. Those are the 3 I can remember. So Tom had them there and in postion. Games just did not work out. I think there was another one in the 80s also? I might be wrong on that.