Cortney Osborne

Fuzzy

While Steven Osborne has been making an appearance on offense regularly, his brother Cortney has been quite absent on defense. Rumor has it he suffered a concussion. No word on when, but it sure has been tough for that guy who made good strides during 2010. I know he used up a redshirt for his freshman year. Could he also get a medical redshirt like Sean Fisher?

While Steven Osborne has been making an appearance on offense regularly, his brother Cortney has been quite absent on defense. Rumor has it he suffered a concussion. No word on when, but it sure has been tough for that guy who made good strides during 2010. I know he used up a redshirt for his freshman year. Could he also get a medical redshirt like Sean Fisher?

Wasn't he the one who got dinged up pretty good on a kick return or punt coverage or something like that a couple of games ago?

Not sure what the deal is, but I'm not worried. He played well a couple years ago, but peoples' obsession with this guy is a little overboard... PJ Smith and Stafford are solid. Leave it at that.

Stafford is awesome. No doubt about that. Except for that slip up on not getting the INT against Wisconsin. :)

PJ Smith, i am still iffy about. Marvin Sanders, when he was still here, commented that he needed to improve his tackling before being able to step back into a starting role. From what i have seen, he really hasn't improved on his tackling. The guy is great in coverage roles, but when it comes to stepping up and laying a hit or tackling someone, i just hold my breath wondering if he will actually tackle the guy. I think the reason PJ is starting is because of his knowledge of the defense and leadership role in the secondary.

The only reason i ask about Cortney is if he might come back next year. Otherwise, we will be discussing two safety spots wide open next year. Not saying the position is guaranteed to Cortney if he does come back for another year.

Not sure what the deal is, but I'm not worried. He played well a couple years ago, but peoples' obsession with this guy is a little overboard... PJ Smith and Stafford are solid. Leave it at that.

I think our safties have played terrible. I remember this guy blowing up QB's off the blitz and I cant understand why no safty since has been able to do the same things.

Stafford has not been solid in coverage. He's 'awesome' beacuse of a few big hits, but I think he has always been a coverage liability, which isn't the greatest thing for a safety. Agree with gratefullred that our safety play ought to be coming under some scrutiny. Suppose with Cortney's concussion history there isn't really an option.

Stafford has not been solid in coverage. He's 'awesome' beacuse of a few big hits, but I think he has always been a coverage liability, which isn't the greatest thing for a safety. Agree with gratefullred that our safety play ought to be coming under some scrutiny. Suppose with Cortney's concussion history there isn't really an option.

Our safeties are good, but not great. Stafford can lay a player out, but his knowledge of where the ball is, lacks. I think this is going to be one of those "play with what we have, make the best of it until next year" type of things. I wish we could see what Jonathan Rose can do, but unfortunately we will have to wait till next year lol. He is suppose to be elite, and due to reports, he has the ability to cover his posts, and get to the ball carrier pretty fast.