Bo's Job Security?

So, I'm curious...as my wife has been no help when I asked.

Bo's been around what? 4 years? 5? He has had some pretty impressive success with 9-10 wins a season, yet never cracking the Top 15 or winning a Conference Title. Let's say this continues for the next 5-10 years. Consistently ranked 16-25, no conference wins, yet 9 or 10 wins (including bowls) per season.

Is this enough to keep his job? I like him, I just don't see any real improvement over the past couple seasons?

Ask RC Slocum. The problem with getting rid of coaches who perennially win 9-10 games a season is that the following coach may win just half that amount. I believe in kharma, and I also believe A&M and NU are paying for past coach handling mistakes. The bigger question is do we want to continue repeating those past mistakes?

• Fire 1

Oh. I get it...RC was fired on his ONLY season he didn't win more than 7 games...he never had a losing season. I just know how devoted Nebraska's fan base is and how much they want the hardware, and if failure to attain that is enough to warrant a coaching change. I think it's a tough call...and you're right, you never know what comes next....you could end up with a MAJOR setback a la Callahan/Francione.

Ask RC Slocum. The problem with getting rid of coaches who perennially win 9-10 games a season is that the following coach may win just half that amount. I believe in kharma, and I also believe A&M and NU are paying for past coach handling mistakes. The bigger question is do we want to continue repeating those past mistakes?

I'm sure many would disagree with me, but to me, if you're not winning conference/national championships, the number of wins you have in any given season is only relevant to how you're ranked the following season.

Your also saying 9 win seasons isn't good enough, even though he has never had head coaching experience before? Let alone, he was never given talent to work with, and he has hired some great help, who have yet to be able to make an impact due to them being employed with us for less than 9 months. I will take 9 win seasons, as it shows consistency and eventually you will build a strong program you had pictured and you will win BCS bowl games and National Titles. Everyone acts like its so damn easy.

• Fire 3

I'm sure many would disagree with me, but to me, if you're not winning conference/national championships, the number of wins you have in any given season is only relevant to how you're ranked the following season.

Slocum did win a conference championship. He's the only A&M coach to win a Big 12 title when they beat KState in 98'. Solich also won a Big 12 Championship. The point being is that those who replaced each sucked hind tit, and both programs have been paying for it ever since. This is why I almost hope OU runs Stoops out of town so they can revisit those years from a decade+ ago. One could also throw Miami into the mix as well. However, their problems are a bit more complex considering the infractions. There's other programs as well that kind of fit into this as well like Michigan and Tennessee.

I would gladly take an 9 and whatever season over a 4 and whatever season. At the end of the day, it isn't up to me. I'd assume Bo gets two to three more years doing what he's doing. After that, he might very well find himself being replaced with results like last Saturday.

Your also saying 9 win seasons isn't good enough, even though he has never had head coaching experience before? Let alone, he was never given talent to work with, and he has hired some great help, who have yet to be able to make an impact due to them being employed with us for less than 9 months. I will take 9 win seasons, as it shows consistency and eventually you will build a strong program you had pictured and you will win BCS bowl games and National Titles. Everyone acts like its so damn easy.

This is one concept that has reared it's ugly face on this board numerous time over the past week. Making judgement on our young assistants. The perception that "Bo wont hire any good assistants herpity derp". HOW IN THE HELL ARE WE TO KNOW. THEY JUST STARTED.

This is one concept that has reared it's ugly face on this board numerous time over the past week. Making judgement on our young assistants. The perception that "Bo wont hire any good assistants herpity derp". HOW IN THE HELL ARE WE TO KNOW. THEY JUST STARTED.

Easy way to tell if they are good, look up their resume's lol

Coach Kazenski- Iowa has had one hell of a defensive line since 2009, and he produced quite a few NFL players, most recent being Adrian Clayborne. Oh, he also brought over Aaron Curry, who committed to Iowa, then committed to NU when he found out Kaz was leaving for Nebraska.

Terry Joseph- Has led a very good pass defense at Tennessee, where he came in to NU, and has us ranked 13th in Pass Defense. That is with young, inexperienced players, except for a few, and the safeties are to subpar at best. Terry Joseph brought some recruiting talent that we lacked as well in that department. For example, Jonathan Rose.

It's as simple as it is frustrating. Bo's future at NU defends on how the rest of this season goes. If the season were over now, most people would probably take 4-2 because that's halfway to eight wins and with a bowl win, that means nine wins, the program standard.

However, the season isn't over. And more trouble looms with the next three games.

If Nebraska wins out and all that, no problem, he stays. Otherwise it gets a bit more interesting with every set back. Bo konws this. We know this. If we could only look into the future and see how it turns out, we might all feel better. Then again, if we went forward six games, the FB season would be over. How many Husker fans want to see football go away for eight months?

Nobody?

Thought so.

Hang in there Husker fans. I know that's what I am trying to do.

We are 13th in passing defense because we played 4 mediocre passing teams and then the other two games they hardly needed to pass.

Our secondary has done a pretty good job this season and we expected that going into the season. We have amazing depth and talent at that position. Its LB/DL that have struggled this year. 13th in passing D doesn't surprise me one bit no matter who we've played.

One play to sum up the statement I just made is in the OSU game. Miller dropped back to pass and was literally sitting in the pocket for 10 sec. with nobody to throw to. GREAT coverage by our secondary and absolute crap by our DL to let him sit back there for so long.