Northwestern, Michigan State, Iowa, and Minnesota

EZ-E

MSU is 100th in the nation in scoring (21.8 ppg)

Minn is 74th (26.4)

Iowa is 98th (22.6)

Only NW is respectable at 45th (32.8)

The first three look like we should have every chance.

NW is 16th in the nation in rushing and 97th in passing. Surely we can find a way to NOT let them beat us running, right?

Of those teams, I think Northwestern has the best chance to beat us. Minnesota might be our annual "whoops-a-daisy" home game, however. We'll hold all of them under 35 unless our offense continues to give the opposing team a short field on turnovers several times per game. That's a hard way to make a living for any defense.

At the beginning of the season, I thought Michigan had the best shot at winning the conference, and I still think that. I don't think there's much of a chance we beat them, and their conference schedule is much easier than ours.

MSU is 100th in the nation in scoring (21.8 ppg)

Minn is 74th (26.4)

Iowa is 98th (22.6)

Only NW is respectable at 45th (32.8)

The first three look like we should have every chance.

NW is 16th in the nation in rushing and 97th in passing. Surely we can find a way to NOT let them beat us running, right?

Too bad our def will allow NW and UM qb to run wild on us.

You don't have to have a great defense to beat Nebraska when we lead the country in fumbles, and our QB throws the ball directly to your defensive players. Now, that was the first game Taylor really looked terrible, I give him credit for what he's done up to that point. That game was bad though. Our offense only added to the very poor defense we have seen by Nebraska so far this year. There is no doubt this offense can score points, but there is also no doubt that our defense can be scored upon. I think the remaining games could really come down to who wins the turnover battles.

I think the point EZ is making is these teams don't have a defense. Our offense could feast on that, a defense that can't match up.

The number 1 ranked defense in the Big 10 (Michigan State) doesn't have a defense? Interesting analysis. The other 3 I would agree don't have much in the way of defense but that isn't MSU's problem.

I think the point EZ is making is these teams don't have a defense. Our offense could feast on that, a defense that can't match up.

The number 1 ranked defense in the Big 10 (Michigan State) doesn't have a defense? Interesting analysis. The other 3 I would agree don't have much in the way of defense but that isn't MSU's problem.

Not exactly. But if the team ranked 105 in scoring offense and **cough**cough** has a QB with minus-68 yards rushing in his career **cough** can score 35 against us, HB will spontaneously combust.

Not exactly. But if the team ranked 105 in scoring offense and **cough**cough** has a QB with minus-68 yards rushing in his career **cough** can score 35 against us, HB will spontaneously combust.

We will beat Michigan State 31 to 17. They'll score a late TD to make it look even that close.