Northwestern, Michigan State, Iowa, and Minnesota

EZ-E

Of those teams, I think Northwestern has the best chance to beat us. Minnesota might be our annual "whoops-a-daisy" home game, however. We'll hold all of them under 35 unless our offense continues to give the opposing team a short field on turnovers several times per game. That's a hard way to make a living for any defense.

At the beginning of the season, I thought Michigan had the best shot at winning the conference, and I still think that. I don't think there's much of a chance we beat them, and their conference schedule is much easier than ours.

Thought we already had that against UCLA?

I can't believe how many fans think we are going to waltz right on over to Indianapolis for the Big Ten Championship. The way our defense is playing, we better score 35 points per game, because we will need every last one to win these games. NU will be very fortunate to go 4-2 or 3-3 the rest of the season.

We will not beat NW or Michigan and I think we all know why. Combine that with our turnover issues and we will be lucky to not get our asses pounded like a federal prison inmate.

Saying we won't be NW is a stretch. We'll probably struggle to stop them but I'm not sure how well they'll stop us, especially with two weeks to prepare.

Michigan has me really scared right now. Unless the line is about 125 points, I'd take the over.

We will not beat NW or Michigan and I think we all know why. Combine that with our turnover issues and we will be lucky to not get our asses pounded like a federal prison inmate.

Saying we won't be NW is a stretch. We'll probably struggle to stop them but I'm not sure how well they'll stop us, especially with two weeks to prepare.

Michigan has me really scared right now. Unless the line is about 125 points, I'd take the over.

Why mav?? If we turn Robinson into a passer we will be fine. When teams keep him from running all day he just jacks up floaters and jump balls downfield. It's no secret. Dudes been doing it for 3 years. Plus its at home and revenge game (get back).

I hope NW runs Colter at quarterback most of the game. Should give an indication if we've figured something out on defense during the bye week. If we shut them down like PSU did then maybe Michigan won't be a blowout, just an ugly loss. My theory is that the defense bottomed out and is improving. As bad as the OSU game was, I expected it to be much worse after watching the UCLA game and our mobile quarterback bugaboo. Total yards went from 650 to 500. I know, it's thin.

I hope NW runs Colter at quarterback most of the game. Should give an indication if we've figured something out on defense during the bye week. If we shut them down like PSU did then maybe Michigan won't be a blowout, just an ugly loss. My theory is that the defense bottomed out and is improving. As bad as the OSU game was, I expected it to be much worse after watching the UCLA game and our mobile quarterback bugaboo. Total yards went from 650 to 500. I know, it's thin.

Call me crazy, but after last year's game I really hope they don't. And remember we had Lavonte on the team and still couldn't stop him....how do you expect us to stop him now?

Call me crazy, but after last year's game I really hope they don't. And remember we had Lavonte on the team and still couldn't stop him....how do you expect us to stop him now?

We would have been better off not injuring their starting quarterback last year. Probably would have won. I expect us to fix our defense and win. If we can't then maybe the loss will wake this team up and we will have reached bottom. I hope I'm right and we've already bounced off of it.

The OP assumes a level of consistency. Nebraska hasn't had such a thing in 10+ years. In other words, there will likely be a game where, for whatever combination of reasons, we can't get the offense going at all.

2010 when we beat Okie State, Mizzou, Iowa St on the road, then KU soundly?

I can't believe how many fans think we are going to waltz right on over to Indianapolis for the Big Ten Championship. The way our defense is playing, we better score 35 points per game, because we will need every last one to win these games. NU will be very fortunate to go 4-2 or 3-3 the rest of the season.

If we score 35+ on more than 1 of those teams count me pleasantly surprised.

We're averaging 44 points and 300 rushing yards per game this season....

...just saying.