This defense can't make plays

It was 4th and 7. The settled for kicking a 53 YARD field goal because the obviously felt they couldnt get the 7 yards. Hence, we made the stop. They missed the field goal, hence they made the stop. Maybe if they got 15 more yards, they make the kick, be we didnt give up the 15 more yards and they missed, hence we made the stop, hence, see the pattern here?

So every single good thing we do, there's an excuse for it. We lose, we suck. We win, the other team sucked more.

Once again, if you would respond to what I actually wrote rather than what you imagine I wrote, there might actually be some discussion on this board instead of this circle jerk of self-congratulatory Internets policing that you seem to be so proud of. I've already posted that TM looked good and showed incredibly maturity. That the D shouldn't get blamed for the first TD. That the D did better than against UCLA or OSU. But please, post another "derp" post since that seems to be your thing Gretchen.

2 of the 3 fumbles weren't on offense.

I know, and that has nothing with the defense having to make up for mistakes that weren't their doing

Look, they definitely played better today. But they completely broke down on the trap play, NW marched it down our throats on the 4th quarter drive, and they couldn't make the stop when then needed on the final drive. That's the problem with this defense. They actually looked good the first 3-4 drives in the OSU game as well. Look how that turned out.

Yeah, they screwed the pooch on the trap play, sh*t happens, waters wet, the sky's blue. Fact is they came out and adjusted fire, and were able to hold them long enough so they could catch up. That alone, considering all the turnovers, is not too bad...

It was 4th and 7. The settled for kicking a 53 YARD field goal because the obviously felt they couldnt get the 7 yards. Hence, we made the stop. They missed the field goal, hence they made the stop. Maybe if they got 15 more yards, they make the kick, be we didnt give up the 15 more yards and they missed, hence we made the stop, hence, see the pattern here?

exactly what I said...

But that fact isn't going to appease some folks...

They kicked the 53 yard field goal because that's the right play to make if you are down by 1 and have a kicker who up to that point was 11 for 11 on the year and you thought had the leg to do it, which he obviously did because the kick had the distance. It's completely false to say they kicked it because they didn't think they could get 7 yards. It's 7 yards, not 1. Any reasonable coach with a decent kicker who had the leg (which once again, this guy obviously did) kicks the FG to win the game rather than goes for it on 4th and 7.

They kicked the 53 yard field goal because that's the right play to make if you are down by 1 and have a kicker who up to that point was 11 for 11 on the year

And his longest was 44 yards.

It's completely false to say they kicked it because they didn't think they could get 7 yards. It's 7 yards, not 1. Any reasonable coach with a decent kicker who had the leg (which once again, this guy obviously did) kicks the FG to win the game rather than goes for it on 4th and 7.

Weren't you saying before how they were ripping us up on the final drive? They'd been getting decent chunks of yardage on that last drive, and to say they kicked it because they couldn't get 7 yards is mind boggling...

So every single good thing we do, there's an excuse for it. We lose, we suck. We win, the other team sucked more.

Once again, if you would respond to what I actually wrote rather than what you imagine I wrote, there might actually be some discussion on this board instead of this circle jerk of self-congratulatory Internets policing that you seem to be so proud of. I've already posted that TM looked good and showed incredibly maturity. That the D shouldn't get blamed for the first TD. That the D did better than against UCLA or OSU. But please, post another "derp" post since that seems to be your thing Gretchen.

gretchen.jpg

The way I see it, we made two bad plays: the 80 yard trap play run for a TD and the prevent defense miscue which allowed them to have a 53 yard FG. Otherwise, the defense pinned their ears back and played a sound game.

The discussion should be about the turnovers, Rex, and if the defense can do this against Michigan. Not about what they "didn't do" today, because there wasn't a whole lot of it.

The way I see it, we made two bad plays: the 80 yard trap play run for a TD and the prevent defense miscue which allowed them to have a 53 yard FG. Otherwise, the defense pinned their ears back and played a sound game.

The discussion should be about the turnovers, Rex, and if the defense can do this against Michigan. Not about what they "didn't do" today, because there wasn't a whole lot of it.

yeah, and lucky was that fade route that kid caught, which was they'd been trying to hit all afternoon, and only got it once...

gretchen.jpg

Thanks for proving my point.

yeah, and lucky was that fade route that kid caught, which was they'd been trying to hit all afternoon, and only got it once...

It was a good play, and SJB was a little slow/out of position.

Here's my question to you. On all those other fade routes, how many of them do you think the WR had a step on our corners? I'm genuinely curious if you thought they were blanketed all day or if what I saw, with at least 3 separate plays were the WR had a clear step on our corner but was missed, is off the mark.

Here's my question to you. On all those other fade routes, how many of them do you think the WR had a step on our corners? I'm genuinely curious if you thought they were blanketed all day or if what I saw, with at least 3 separate plays were the WR had a clear step on our corner but was missed, is off the mark.

you're the arbiter of all things Husker football, you tell me...

I saw two or three. Those aren't easy balls to throw, because of the timing necessary to make it work...