Hi-res photos of visitors section/side at Northwestern?

JTrain

obviously a bigger stadium but it had the same feel when we invaded Washington... I loved it. Our fans were pretty loud there too... and I wasnt sitting with any major group when i went up there. the worst was wyoming... damn that looked like a toilet bowl after pounding bottles of windsor, everclear, and jager....

Little shout out to Husker fans from ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/c...ff-driskel-more

10. Red sea

I make no apologies for my admiration of Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald. He's a nimble thinker, a nice blend of football old school and new school and he runs his program with class and dignity. Plus, he knows how to win ballgames at a place that actually puts student before athlete.

But even the constantly positive Fitzgerald must have done a double take when he saw the Ryan Field crowd of 47,330 this past Saturday. There were Nebraska fans everywhere. If you didn't know any better, you would have thought it was Memorial Stadium Jr.

Red seemingly outnumbered purple. And if it didn't, it was close. So loud were the Nebraska fans, that Northwestern had to use a silent count on its final (and failed) drive. I repeat: a silent count because the visiting team's fans were too loud.

"We didn't prepare for that all week," said Wildcats quarterback Kain Colter to the Chicago Tribune.

Nebraska fans are legendarily loyal. If the Cornhuskers had a game in Irkutsk, Nebraska fans would figure out a way to get there.

Chicago is a Nebraska alum stronghold, so a large Big Red turnout wasn't a surprise. But according to Nebraska officials, Northwestern provided the Cornhuskers with 5,000 tickets for sale (as opposed to the usual Big Ten allotment of 3,000). So that means Nebraska fans were able to find another 15,000-20,000 tickets through secondary markets (Wildcats fans selling their tickets online) or, said Northwestern officials, by buying Wildcats season-ticket packages.

"Nebraska fans are pretty resourceful getting tickets," said a Cornhuskers athletic department spokesperson.

That's fine. But if you're Fitzgerald and you've poured your guts into building a program, how depressing is it to know that Nebraska fans might have outnumbered Northwestern fans.

Attendance for the Nebraska game was a season high for the Wildcats. The next closest was 33,129 for the Sept. 29 Indiana game.

Iowa comes to Ryan Field on Saturday. Or will it be Kinnick Stadium East?

There will never be a Kinnick East.........

Iowa has a great travelling fan base - remember how the refs used to call delay of game penalties on the crowds for being too loud? Iowa fans got one on the road once. Also tore down the goalposts at Minnesota.

I don't know if this harmless statement about there never being a Kinnick East (which could be read on several levels) is "flaming", but I personally have been treated worse at Iowa than in Boulder, Manhattan or Austin.

So excuse me if I don't wallow in the Hawk-love manure.

Little shout out to Husker fans from ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/c...ff-driskel-more

10. Red sea

I make no apologies for my admiration of Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald. He's a nimble thinker, a nice blend of football old school and new school and he runs his program with class and dignity. Plus, he knows how to win ballgames at a place that actually puts student before athlete.

But even the constantly positive Fitzgerald must have done a double take when he saw the Ryan Field crowd of 47,330 this past Saturday. There were Nebraska fans everywhere. If you didn't know any better, you would have thought it was Memorial Stadium Jr.

Red seemingly outnumbered purple. And if it didn't, it was close. So loud were the Nebraska fans, that Northwestern had to use a silent count on its final (and failed) drive. I repeat: a silent count because the visiting team's fans were too loud.

"We didn't prepare for that all week," said Wildcats quarterback Kain Colter to the Chicago Tribune.

Nebraska fans are legendarily loyal. If the Cornhuskers had a game in Irkutsk, Nebraska fans would figure out a way to get there.

Chicago is a Nebraska alum stronghold, so a large Big Red turnout wasn't a surprise. But according to Nebraska officials, Northwestern provided the Cornhuskers with 5,000 tickets for sale (as opposed to the usual Big Ten allotment of 3,000). So that means Nebraska fans were able to find another 15,000-20,000 tickets through secondary markets (Wildcats fans selling their tickets online) or, said Northwestern officials, by buying Wildcats season-ticket packages.

"Nebraska fans are pretty resourceful getting tickets," said a Cornhuskers athletic department spokesperson.

That's fine. But if you're Fitzgerald and you've poured your guts into building a program, how depressing is it to know that Nebraska fans might have outnumbered Northwestern fans.

Attendance for the Nebraska game was a season high for the Wildcats. The next closest was 33,129 for the Sept. 29 Indiana game.

Iowa comes to Ryan Field on Saturday. Or will it be Kinnick Stadium East?

There will never be a Kinnick East.........

Iowa has a great travelling fan base - remember how the refs used to call delay of game penalties on the crowds for being too loud? Iowa fans got one on the road once. Also tore down the goalposts at Minnesota.

I don't know if this harmless statement about there never being a Kinnick East (which could be read on several levels) is "flaming", but I personally have been treated worse at Iowa than in Boulder, Manhattan or Austin.

So excuse me if I don't wallow in the Hawk-love manure.

Point taken. I suppose I don't consider it flaming either, but it's still inaccurate and a strawman argument.

Loved the various shoutouts to the team, there were about three of them throughout. But the thing that still has me chuckling was his comment under Flop of the Week, and talking about SC - the technical term for what happened being 'ralphed themselves'. ROFL And I've actually liked Spurrier better since he's been at SC, but that line was too hilarious.