Hi-res photos of visitors section/side at Northwestern?

JTrain

At one point we were wondering when they had installed turf, because NW has always had a grass field. We were looking around for a NW fan to ask about it, but couldn't find one four rows in any direction. Finally tracked a guy down and asked, and he had no idea.

I was a student there during the renovation when they lowered the field and installed the grass in 1997. During my freshman year (1996) they played on artificial turf when it was still called Dyche Stadium and had a track surrounding the field. I know this is my first post, but I can assure you of the validity. I'm guessing there are probably some articles online from either the Daily Northwestern or the Chicago Tribune all about it.

I'm a Husker, born and bred, just chose to attend the "other" NU and am now back living in the motherland. It's great that so many got a chance to experience a game there and I'm sure we can continue to make the pilgrimage every other year. If you didn't get a chance to walk around the campus this year, definitely take the opportunity next time, it really is a beautiful setting.

So does this make Northwestern the Baylor of the B1G...you know, sans the incompetency, the tarp covering half the stadium, and a town that is actually worth visiting?

Yeah, I've always thought NW = Baylor = Vanderbilt. Great schools--maybe the best in their conference--each in a good town to visit, but generally fielding a crappy football team. Every few years though, these schools seem to turn out a pretty decent football team.

Waco wasn't exactly a great town to visit--quite the opposite, really, and any time we went down there, the locals would make it well known they didn't like our type.

Plus, after the Dr. Pepper museum, there's very little else to see or do, on or off campus in Waco.

So does this make Northwestern the Baylor of the B1G...you know, sans the incompetency, the tarp covering half the stadium, and a town that is actually worth visiting?

Yeah, I've always thought NW = Baylor = Vanderbilt. Great schools--maybe the best in their conference--each in a good town to visit, but generally fielding a crappy football team. Every few years though, these schools seem to turn out a pretty decent football team.

Whoa, wait. Since when is Baylor the best school in Big 12? I'm sure that Texas and Texas AM would have something to say about that. Northwestern and Vanderbilt? Yeah, those are correct.

I was a student there during the renovation when they lowered the field and installed the grass in 1997. During my freshman year (1996) they played on artificial turf when it was still called Dyche Stadium and had a track surrounding the field. I know this is my first post, but I can assure you of the validity. I'm guessing there are probably some articles online from either the Daily Northwestern or the Chicago Tribune all about it.

I'm a Husker, born and bred, just chose to attend the "other" NU and am now back living in the motherland. It's great that so many got a chance to experience a game there and I'm sure we can continue to make the pilgrimage every other year. If you didn't get a chance to walk around the campus this year, definitely take the opportunity next time, it really is a beautiful setting.

As far as I know it is grass. BTW, here's a picture of the "other" NU http://digital.library.northwestern.edu/architecture/image.php?iid=206 . Yes, last Saturday was a nice one on the campus, was there myself looking toward the lake, some sailboats were out. Drove by the stadium during the game and noticed a lot of red shirts on Central Avenue, having a good time.

Northwestern has its plan and it has chosen to focus the $200 million on a lakefront athletic facility rather than stadium improvements for now. People can mock the stadium what a joke it is or compare it to a high school stadium, but it's not going to sway much its resolve to do what it has to do to improve its sporting program in light of being more of an academic school than a football school.

Whoa, wait. Since when is Baylor the best school in Big 12? I'm sure that Texas and Texas AM would have something to say about that. Northwestern and Vanderbilt? Yeah, those are correct.

This. Baylor is an above average academic institution. They are a private school but that doesn't put them anywhere near the same hemisphere as NW or Vandy.

That is seriously a glorified high school stadium.

Ryan Field is a dump compared to the new High School stadium in Allen, TX:

allen-stadium-001.jpg

I know, my cousin is a junior there. The freshman center would be class A here.

My cousin's son wrestled for Allen a couple of years ago. Small world!

Wow. I know someone named Allen!

That is seriously a glorified high school stadium.

Ryan Field is a dump compared to the new High School stadium in Allen, TX:

allen-stadium-001.jpg

I know, my cousin is a junior there. The freshman center would be class A here.

My cousin's son wrestled for Allen a couple of years ago. Small world!

Wow. I know someone named Allen!

Allen High School in Nebraska is the Eagles as well.

So Technically, ( for all the melt down guys on this husker board) we only won by one point at home?

Technically, no. It was an away game.

No crap. It was a away game? What was I thinking. Maybe it was the fat person standing in front of my tv that I did not realize that!

So Technically, ( for all the melt down guys on this husker board) we only won by one point at home?

Technically, no. It was an away game.

No crap. It was a away game? What was I thinking. Maybe it was the fat person standing in front of my tv that I did not realize that!

If you're going to use the word technically, know what it means and use it properly.

• Fire 3

Why are you taking pictures of me knapp?? hehe, first picture on the left side, white hat backwards is me!!

It was either take pictures of you or take pictures of that yokel in the red and white wig, daisy dukes and mesh jersey. That wasn't happening!

You guys sat right in front of me. I really wanted to yell back at the big guy in black and wearing a funny hat when we went up, but sadly he vanished after Cotton's score.