Do you kind of feel like...

huskerguy

I picture four adolescent adults (Big XII North) pushing each other from behind saying, "no you go, no...you go...I don't want to go...you go." As they stare down the school bully (Texas) in an after school fight. :lol:

my huskers wouldn't turn turn down a chance to face texas.

sure, they'd get stomped flatter than a drug narc at Sturgis but it's the principle of the matter.

Now you know how we felt when we kicked NU 62-36 won the Big XII North, beat Texas 39-37 in the Big XII Championship and get screwed why Nebraska gets to go and play Miami in the Rose Bowl. There were two teams that year that deserved the Rose Bowl more than NU...Colorado and Oregon.

So stop complaining...win the games you are supposed to (Missouri and Kansas) and you win the Big XII North.

I don't know about that. Oregon lost to Stanford at home that year. Colorado had lost to Fresno State and Texas in the regular season. Oregon is arguable but Colorado was not even considered for going. A two-loss team playing in the NC? I don't think so.

NU also had a convincing win when they played #1 or was it #2 Oklahoma? Either way that was HUGE

A two loss team playing in the National Championship is about like a 4 loss team thinking they should be playing for the Big 12 title game. Should not happen.

Nebraska seemed to be a yo-yo team this year. Either they were up or down. Kansas sucked, but we sucked more that week. :bang Watching the Huskers make Cream of Buffalo soup was fun though. :box If Nebraska can't make it to the Big XII Championship game, the next best thing will be watching Texas decapitate Ralphie. Hook 'em Horns and then it's on to de-throne the Trojans. :horns2

Let's keep it simple, CU won 5 of 8 Big 12 contests to win the North division -- nobody else won 5. CU did not back into the Big 12 Championship game -- all the other teams had the same number of opportunities to win games; but they did not. It's not very complicated.

A two loss team playing in the National Championship is about like a 4 loss team thinking they should be playing for the Big 12 title game.  Should not happen.

A 4 loss team is playing for the Big 12 title.

We lost our chance to play for it. We could have very well been playing for it. We are very capable of being in that game, it just didn't go our way this year.

Now you know how we felt when we kicked NU 62-36 won the Big XII North, beat Texas 39-37 in the Big XII Championship and get screwed why Nebraska gets to go and play Miami in the Rose Bowl. There were two teams that year that deserved the Rose Bowl more than NU...Colorado and Oregon.

So stop complaining...win the games you are supposed to (Missouri and Kansas) and you win the Big XII North.

I don't know about that. Oregon lost to Stanford at home that year. Colorado had lost to Fresno State and Texas in the regular season. Oregon is arguable but Colorado was not even considered for going. A two-loss team playing in the NC? I don't think so.

NU also had a convincing win when they played #1 or was it #2 Oklahoma? Either way that was HUGE

A two loss team playing in the National Championship is about like a 4 loss team thinking they should be playing for the Big 12 title game. Should not happen.

Florida State is also playing a conference championship game and they have 4 losses.

Let's keep it simple, CU won 5 of 8 Big 12 contests to win the North division -- nobody else won 5.  CU did not back into the Big 12 Championship game -- all the other teams had the same number of opportunities to win games; but they did not.  It's not very complicated.

Sounds like one of those "classy" fans over on allbuffs? You wouldn't happen to be a closet CU fan, would you? :dumdum

COLORADO DID BACK IN. They needed certain things to happen to keep ISU from going to Houston, and it happened.

If that isn't considered "backing in" after being slaughtered in your own stadium by a team that was as mediocre in the public's eye as they could get, coupled by a 15 point vegas spread, then what in Sam Hill do you call it?

I have learned a new hatred for CU fans. I have been treated with as little respect as any human being could be treated since joining that lousy board.

I will be damned if I am going to "come home" to Husker Nation and listen to the same crap that that romper room pumps out.

You wanna support the Buffs? I'll provide directions and hold the door open for you. :steam:steam

Or do it the CU way - let another team "win" it for them...

If memory serves me correctly, Nebraska did not decide to go anywhere that year. Yes it was a back door into the game, but you at CU are used to getting into the B12 Championship that way.

Or lose a game real bad. Then have another team beat ISU, to win the Big XII North!

Have fun with Texas on National TV!!! Keep your bottles off the field this game.

Frankly I agree with Cubuffan32265. As I started to read this thread I immediately thought of NU going into a Big 12 championship game after CU destroyed us!

Judging by the number of upset in these conference championship games, I have to wonder if they really make sense. IMO that the whole reason for most conference play-off games (SEC, Big 12, ACC) is simply $$$ rather than finding out who the true conference "champ" is!

we played a great game at CU, but Texas would have been a handful.......if they are clicking on all cylinders they will destroy CU......

hunter

I agree Hunter...we will probably get smashed by UT. I am hoping that CU does not pull off some MAJOR MIRACLE and upset UT. I want to see the horns smash USC.

By my earlier post I was not trying to say that CU deserves this game anymore than any other team in the North, just pointing out the fact that a team can go to the National Championship game but does not even get to play in its conference Championship game.