Kenny helps Ben

Bowfin

First off, I love Kenny Bell. It would be hard not to when he catches and blocks as well as he does. But what really makes Bell such a fun player is watching him direct traffic on big plays. I posted a thread "Kenny helps Rex", http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/61275-funniest-play-of-the-season-kenny-helps-rex/

where Kenny waved Burkhead on into the end zone:

Now we have "Kenny helps Ben", as Kenny directs Ben to meet him by the goal line and throw a block:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8528778

So Kenny is two for two in delivering touchdowns when he is directing traffic.

First off, I love Kenny Bell. It would be hard not to when he catches and blocks as well as he does. But what really makes Bell such a fun player is watching him direct traffic on big plays. I posted a thread "Kenny helps Rex", http://www.huskerboa...enny-helps-rex/

where Kenny waved Burkhead on into the end zone:

Now we have "Kenny helps Ben", as Kenny directs Ben to meet him by the goal line and throw a block:

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=8528778

So Kenny is two for two in delivering touchdowns when he is directing traffic.

I would like Kenny Bell to marry my daughter I like him that much!!! LOL,,,,he is one of the most fun Huskers to watch in a long time...

I met this cat in the Denver airport about 9 days before Two-a-days started. I struck up a conversation w him and it was enjoyable. I mentioned a few things and posted about it here, back then. What I didn't mention was this:

He was buying a Quiznos sub.

The way he directed the sandwhich maker to lay the bacon, directed the flow of mayonnaise on the toasted bun, and steered the tomatoes OFF the top side of the lettuce was pure Orchestra.

• Fire 4

You know that Ben didn't really throw a good block for him, right?

Right...now watch how Number 24 of Northwestern reacted to Ben Cotton coming after him, and then report back on how it influenced the play.

Unlike Leon in the beer commercial, Kenny CAN do everything!

Not saying he didn't influence the play, he just could have done a better job at blocking the guy. Sorry if it sounds like i am degrading Ben Cotton. I guess its just the coach in me to critique a players actions in order to emphasize perfection.

The best thing about Kenny Bell is that he's only a sophomore!

But seriously, he's a very well spoken young man and seems to have a good head under all that hair. ;)

He's definitely going to be a fan favorite until he graduates. I'll be sad to see him go when his time comes, that's for sure.

You know that Ben didn't really throw a good block for him, right?

Right...now watch how Number 24 of Northwestern reacted to Ben Cotton coming after him, and then report back on how it influenced the play.

Unlike Leon in the beer commercial, Kenny CAN do everything!

Not saying he didn't influence the play, he just could have done a better job at blocking the guy. Sorry if it sounds like i am degrading Ben Cotton. I guess its just the coach in me to critique a players actions in order to emphasize perfection.

Cotton's block was just enough to make 24 step back a yard or two and give Kenny the needed room to get in. Not saying that it was an actual block but the defender does step back to get out of Cotton's way, it was a tight area to the end zone.

he just could have done a better job at blocking the guy

I think it is a matter of speed on this play. If Ben Cotton is faster, he gets there a step or two ahead of Kenny and can square up on the guy. However, Cotton's max speed is what it is, so he had to do something at that instant, even if it was a lot less than a pancake.