Updated bowl destination

HANC

ESPN News had their bowl projections on the ADT coaches spotlight and they picked alamo bowl for the huskers... and they will play michigan. wat a matchup right there of two storied programs. either iowa or michigan would be a great matchup and would test the big red and get them ready for wat they need to get ready for in the offseason, just glad i have some1 to watch in late december this year

well i think it would prolly be which team will bring more fans and which team is still left on the board...

big 10 standings

1. psu 7-1 10-1

2. osu 7-1 9-2

3. wisc 5-3 9-3

4. nw 5-3 7-4

5. mich 5-3 7-4

6. iowa 5-3 7-4

7. minn 4-4 7-4

there is a big bunch of teams at 7-4...

psu gets the automatic bcs bid and it looks like osu will get one too...

wisc gets capital one

nw gets outback

michigan gets alamo

iowa gets sun

but once again... i think it depends on which team will get the most fans in the stadium and whether or not ohio state gets a bcs bowl bid... imo i dunno why the capital one bowl would want nw over michigan or iowa, but thats just me

well i think it would prolly be which team will bring more fans and which team is still left on the board...

big 10 standings

1. psu 7-1 10-1

2. osu 7-1 9-2

3. wisc 5-3 9-3

4. nw 5-3 7-4

5. mich 5-3 7-4

6. iowa 5-3 7-4

7. minn 4-4 7-4

wisc gets capital one

nw gets outback

michigan gets alamo

iowa gets sun

but once again... i think it depends on which team will get the most fans in the stadium and whether or not ohio state gets a bcs bowl bid... imo i dunno why the capital one bowl would want nw over michigan or iowa, but thats just me

You're right that it all depends on who the bowls want, not necessarily the standings. And that's why it will come down to who will fill the seats more. That's why I don't think it will shake out the way you have listed. Of course Penn State gets the automatic BCS bid. After that the selection goes as you listed

#2 Capital One

#3 Outback

#4 Alamo

#5 Sun

#6 Music City

#7 Motor City

Again, the order is not the standings, but the order the bowls get to chose. If Ohio State gets an at-large bid, the Capital one bowl would select Wisconsin because they are the highest rated and travel reasonably well. The Outback bowl would then surely snatch Michigan, followed by the Alamo taking Iowa and the Sun taking Minnesota. Northwestern would fall all the way to the Music City bowl because no one else would want them. The Motor city bowl would have to go elsewhere to get a team because the Big 10 only has 7 bowl elligible teams and they are all used up if OSU gets the at-large BCS bid. This means we get Iowa. If OSU somehow doesn't get the at large BCS invite, the capital one bowl would take them, pushing everyone else down a slot and giving us Michigan.

big 10 standings

1. psu 7-1 10-1

2. osu 7-1 9-2

3. wisc 5-3 9-3

4. nw 5-3 7-4

5. mich 5-3 7-4

6. iowa 5-3 7-4

7. minn 4-4 7-4

wisc gets capital one

nw gets outback

michigan gets alamo

iowa gets sun

You're right that it all depends on who the bowls want, not necessarily the standings. And that's why it will come down to who will fill the seats more. That's why I don't think it will shake out the way you have listed. Of course Penn State gets the automatic BCS bid. After that the selection goes as you listed

#2 Capital One

#3 Outback

#4 Alamo

#5 Sun

#6 Music City

#7 Motor City

Again, the order is not the standings, but the order the bowls get to chose. If Ohio State gets an at-large bid, the Capital one bowl would select Wisconsin because they are the highest rated and travel reasonably well. The Outback bowl would then surely snatch Michigan, followed by the Alamo taking Iowa and the Sun taking Minnesota. Northwestern would fall all the way to the Music City bowl because no one else would want them. The Motor city bowl would have to go elsewhere to get a team because the Big 10 only has 7 bowl elligible teams and they are all used up if OSU gets the at-large BCS bid. This means we get Iowa. If OSU somehow doesn't get the at large BCS invite, the capital one bowl would take them, pushing everyone else down a slot and giving us Michigan.

I agree with everything here....

PSU = BCS

OSU = BCS

Wisc. = Capital

Mich. = Outback

Iowa = Alamo

* The outback bowl will determine if NU gets Iowa or Michigan.... Didn't Iowa play Florida in the outback last yr. ?? If so, even though Iowa traveled exremely well, the outback may want a new team this yr., especially if that team is Michigan.

* in your post, you said that if Ohio State doesn't get a BCS bid, this would slide everyone else down, giving NU - Michigan...... You are right about Michigan, but if all else stays the same, if Ohio State doesn't get BCS, that would probaby mean that Oregon gets the BCS slot, and will not go to Holiday.

If this is the case, UCLA would rep. the Pac 10.... Holiday will NOT match OU with UCLA...(played earlier in yr), and instead of NU going to Alamo vs Michigan, they would go to Holiday to play UCLA.

As we sit here at the end of Championship Saturday, I now believe that as long as Oregon IS NOT a BCS team, which it appears that they will not be, that Nebraska will play Iowa in the Alamo Bowl...

A couple of web sites have been updated just within the last hour, and they both have NU - IU in Alamo....

This was helped when it was reported on tv during the SEC title game, that Florida would be going to the Outback bowl instead of the Independence Bowl as everyone projected..... Iowa played Florida last year in a bowl, and I would assume that no one would be extremely excited about a rematch (although it was the best bowl of the season last yr.)

IMO, the outback bowl will avoid a rematch, expecially when they can have a made for tv game with Michigan - Florida !!!!

Thus, leaving the Alamo bowl with Iowa.......

If Oregon is in the Holiday bowl, look for OU-Oregon, thus leaving the Alamo Bowl with Nebraska....

Iowa vs Nebraska

Border War

Dec. 28, 2005

San Antonio, TX

:restore2

As we sit here at the end of Championship Saturday, I now believe that as long as Oregon IS NOT a BCS team, which it appears that they will not be, that Nebraska will play Iowa in the Alamo Bowl...

A couple of web sites have been updated just within the last hour, and they both have NU - IU in Alamo....

This was helped when it was reported on tv during the SEC title game, that Florida would be going to the Outback bowl instead of the Independence Bowl as everyone projected..... Iowa played Florida last year in a bowl, and I would assume that no one would be extremely excited about a rematch (although it was the best bowl of the season last yr.)

IMO, the outback bowl will avoid a rematch, expecially when they can have a made for tv game with Michigan - Florida !!!!

Thus, leaving the Alamo bowl with Iowa.......

If Oregon is in the Holiday bowl, look for OU-Oregon, thus leaving the Alamo Bowl with Nebraska....

Iowa vs Nebraska

Border War

Dec. 28, 2005

San Antonio, TX

Just to add to this post.....

With FSU beating VT, I believe that this should make certain that ND gets an at large bid, and in all probability, Ohio State...

With LSU and VT losing, ND and Ohio State will probably be in the top 6 in the BCS poll..... I think there is a rule, that if you are in the top 6, and not a conference champ, you are guaranteed a BCS at-large

If this is the case, it means that Oregon will be going to the Holiday Bowl and sounds like playing OU....... (Holiday could still chose NU, but OU - Oregon seems to be the popular choice.

Iowa vs Nebraska

Border War

Alamo Bowl

San Antonio, Texas

With FSU beating VT, I believe that this should make certain that ND gets an at large bid, and in all probability, Ohio State...

With LSU and VT losing, ND and Ohio State will probably be in the top 6 in the BCS poll..... I think there is a rule, that if you are in the top 6, and not a conference champ, you are guaranteed a BCS at-large

If this is the case, it means that Oregon will be going to the Holiday Bowl and sounds like playing OU....... (Holiday could still chose NU, but OU - Oregon seems to be the popular choice.

Iowa vs Nebraska

Border War

Alamo Bowl

San Antonio, Texas

I don't know if it will happen like that. Oregon is #7 in the BCS AHEAD of Notre Dame. LSU and VT lose and that should put OSU at #4, Oregon #5, ND #6. This means that there would be 3 teams that are in the top 6 that are not conference champs guaranteed at large bids. What the heck are they going to do now?

Iowa vs Nebraska

Border War

Alamo Bowl

San Antonio, Texas

I don't know if it will happen like that. Oregon is #7 in the BCS AHEAD of Notre Dame. LSU and VT lose and that should put OSU at #4, Oregon #5, ND #6. This means that there would be 3 teams that are in the top 6 that are not conference champs guaranteed at large bids. What the heck are they going to do now?

I think the rule is that if you're in the top 6 AND a conference champ, you are guaranteed a BCS spot. This is the "mid-major" rule and it's how Utah got in last year. If you are in the top 4 you are guaranteed a bid even if you aren't the conference champ.