holiday- oklahoma vs oregon

alamo- nebraska vs iowa

ind.- colorado vs south carolina

houston- isu vs tcu

champs- missouri vs clemson

fort worth- kansas vs tulsa

I like those predicitons !!!

IMO, they may fall very close to that.

I hope that NU vs Iowa in the Alamo Bowl is exactly what we get. Iowa was pre-season #5, and just couldn't hang with the big dogs in the Big 10.... You can't base the ISU loss on Iowa's ability.

Iowa and NU would be a good game, fun rivalry, and would get a fairly big turn-out in San Antonio...... I will definately be there :thumbs

my predicitons

rose-texas vs usc

cotton- texas tech vs alabama

alamo- nebraska vs iowa

houston- isu vs tcu

nice job on this. I would love to see NU v. Iowa! I think we'd roll 'em!

my predicitons

rose-texas vs usc

cotton- texas tech vs alabama

alamo- nebraska vs iowa

houston- isu vs tcu

nice job on this. I would love to see NU v. Iowa! I think we'd roll 'em!

I would like to play iowa also...one thing about those predictions, is I REALLY want ku to get pounded in their bowl and tulsa I doubt would to that job...I was hoping they would get matched up with another philip rivers :lol:

i hope the huskers go to the alamo bowl because there is a large fan base there already, a large fan base in arizona (yes they could make the trip to either fairly easy), and it is closer to nebraska then socal. especially since travel agents in omaha, lincoln, and GI are already selling trips to socal for the USC game.

a lot eisier and cheaper to road trip to san antonio over 3 days then it is to get to san diego and back in the same amount of time. especially for us who will have to get back to work right away.

Doesn't CU get the Big 12 2nd spot by virtue of playing in the Championship Game? I thought that the North / South winners were automatically Big 12 1 and 2?

Not necessarily if the North champ has less wins than another South team and the North team loses in the Championship game. After that, I believe the bowls choose their teams from the pool of teams eligible for bowl games.

The Bowl ranking is, I believe:

BCS game

Cotton

Holiday

Alamo

Houston

Independence

Champs

Fort Worth

Remember back in 98 when KSU was undefeated in conference and #1 in the nation, lost in the Big 12 Championship and fell all the way back to the Alamo Bowl? That's just an example off the top of my head.

lets just put this out for the sake of arguments......what happens if (IF) sCUm happens to beat TU in houston next week? now CU goes to BCS, does TU get an at large birth to the BCS??? do they still go to the Rose Bowl and play USC???? What happens to USC if they get beat by UCLA??? Fresno State almost upset USC at home and UCLA is better then FS (my opinion).

Then what happens to Oregon (10-1)

No one is giving sCUm a chance just like no one gave NU a chance. Personally I would like nothing more than to have Texas and Vince Young kick sCUm's @$$ so bad that they would have to clear their throat just to fart, but you have to play the games.

We will know by next sunday evening.

GBR Alamo Bowl

Alamo Bowl match ups:

NU - Iowa would be a good midlands match up. I think NU would win handlily and show mid-American prospects that NU is the better program.

NU - Mich would be a scary match up. NU is #3 and Mich is #1 of the winningest college programs in history. Two schools with GREAT FAN SUPPORT!!! Other than Nebraska I can't think of another university whose fans BLEED school colors like Michigan. (Well maybe ND, but they have a much, much smaller alumni base.) Michigan fan bleed Blue! Think of Michigan's super WR's for the past few years. If NU plays and BEATS Mich, I think we would have a better shot at recruiting 4 and 5 star receivers! Its a gamble .... we may be stomped by Michigan .... but lets roll the dice, play and beat Michigan! That would be wonderful.

Regardless of who we play - GRB

The day after we became bowl eligible I read that if we beat CU we may play in the Alamo Bowl against Michigan or Wisconsin. Is it still a possibility to play Wisconsin or not? I think it would be great to play them and have Barry Alvarez end his career against Nebraska. I just want to know if we could still play Wisconsin in the Alamo Bowl.