I think Michigan's D ...

Colter:

Rushing: 88carries, 456 yards, 5.18 average, 8 TDs, 11 att/game, 57 yards/game

Passing: 56/80 437yards, 70% 2TD, 1INT

Recieving: 16 rec, 169yards, 10.56 average

Total: 168 plays, 893 total yards, 5.32 yards/play

Robinson:

Rushing: 121 carries, 900 yards, 7.44 average, 6 TDs, 17.29 att/game, 128 yards/game

Passing: 83/155, 53.5%, 1264 yards, 9 TD's, 9 INT's,

Total: 276 plays, 2164 yards, 7.84 yards/play

A big reason Robinson has the numbers he has, is because he gets more carries against a team with a not so good defense, and gets large runs in. Colter, he is just a diverse player, who can do anything. Northwestern would be a better team if they used Colter under center a lot more, in my opinion. 14 of those attempts of Colter's came against us, with only 34 yards, at 2.4 yards/carry. I assume we will pressure their WR's, force them to beat us one on one, to prevent the run game.

If we can stop Colter, we can stop Robinson. You might think I am nuts for saying that, but Colter is just as good of a runner as Robinson is. Only difference, Northwestern just isn't a one man team. Michigan is.

I was really surprised with our containment of Colter. Santos is going to be one heck of a player for us. Michigan's defense scares me more than their offense this time around. But the odds certainly aren't in our favor stopping a mobile QB 2 weeks in a row. I think we've only done it 2 times total in the last few years.

Agreed, but I also think we are communicating more on defense than we were before the Northwestern game. Coaches listening to eachother, and Coach Kaz and Joseph telling them we need faster players on the field. Like Santos, Seisay, and SJB. It will be interesting on if they will blitz Compton more or if we will do more containment.

I think Michigan's Defense............

is going to be surprised by how much improved Taylor and this fantastic group of wide receivers is compared to last year. I know Michigan has the top pass defense in the Big Ten and one of the tops in the nation as a unit, but if Nebraska can establish the run early, suck Michigan's safeties in a bit, I think we can burn them over the top or deep down the middle a few times. Could be some big plays. That said, if the run game is blowing holes through these Wolverine's asses, then by God! Don't stop running it! Ameer Abdullah, Braylon Heard, and Imani Cross should all get touches in this game. Especially Heard.

THIS is how we beat the Vulvarines. The Blackshirts pick shoelace off a time or two, and the Meechicken offense will fold like an aluminum lawn chair. If Sparty had any offense whatsoever they would have crushed big brother UM again this year. (The pick in this vid is from last year.)

THIS is how we beat the Vulvarines. The Blackshirts pick shoelace off a time or two, and the Meechicken offense will fold like an aluminum lawn chair. If Sparty had any offense whatsoever they would have crushed big brother UM again this year. (The pick in this vid is from last year.)

Vulva-rines LOL! I love it! Hope you don't mind but I'm stealing that one. Gonna use it from now on.

Michigan State plays aggressive defense. Their defensive line gets after quarterbacks, they don't sit back and play patty cake like we do. Michigan State has given us the blueprint to beat Michigan. So have a few other teams. Let's see if we are willing to learn from what has worked for others. We sure didn't last year.

I am half tempted to put that as my signature LOL. I still can't help but laugh when I read, Vulvarines!!

One thing that really hasn't been talked about is Michigan's struggles on the road. In the last 4 years, Michigan has won only 5 games on the road. They won zero road games in 2009, 2 in 2010 (Notre Dame and Purdue), 2 in 2011 (Northwestern and Illinois), and this year against Purdue. And Denard's numbers are not nearly as good on the road as they are at home. On the road this year Denard averages a 48.8 completion percentage (54.4 season average), 147 passing yards(180 season average), 2 INTs a game (6 picks on the road and only 9 total on the year), and 108 yards rushing (128 season average). I am taking the Alabama game as a road game even though it was played at a neutral site. That taken into account with how much better we have preformed at home this year, we should win pretty easily.

I think the defenses for the next two weeks are going to present a problem for us. Don't ask me to justify it...more of a gut feeling after rewatching the NW game. I'm tempering my expectations for the offense against Michigan and MSU and I'm expecting to be disappointed in how our O-line performs. I'll be happy with the outcome(s) if our defense shows improvement and keeps us in the game. Sorry, don't mean to be a downer. We can definitely beat Michigan. GBR!!!

I don't think Michigan's D has much of anything to do with how this game will go. Our offense can and will move the ball on them. The real game keys are; contain and pressure shoelace, turnovers, and mindless mistakes. Keep those three things in check and we roll. In fact the Kool-Aid is really starting to kick in just considering how easy it should be to do these things. Can't wait to see the Huskers put together a complete game.

• Fire 1

run the ball, short passes, play action...all out blitz robinson every play...win

You "all out blitz" Robinson, we will get burned quickly. You bring in one man and direct him towards defenders. Don't give him an option to cut back, cover gaps and limit his mobility. Make him throw, because our secondary will be happy to snag a couple interceptions.

Michigan's D will be swarming and effective. You'll see.

Please enlighten Huskerboard ONE decent offense they have stopped all year... I won't be holding my breath for this.

I don't think Michigan's D has much of anything to do with how this game will go. Our offense can and will move the ball on them. The real game keys are; contain and pressure shoelace, turnovers, and mindless mistakes. Keep those three things in check and we roll. In fact the Kool-Aid is really starting to kick in just considering how easy it should be to do these things. Can't wait to see the Huskers put together a complete game.

Well said JJ. Our front 4 should be hungry for this game, and hopefully Stienkuhler can prove me wrong this week, and show me he is worth the hype! I think this will be a game our front 4 will show what they truly have. Limit turnovers and keep them deep in their own 20 on every possession. Make them make long drives :)