Big 2, Little 10?

I think OSU will do just fine on the National level in the near future. They have talent, loads of it, a very good coach (2MNC) with heavy ties to the SEC. He will pull kids in from there to make them an elite team.

I think Michigan will be close, as state Hoke is a great coach, has turned programs around where ever he has been. Making San Diego State a winner was made me a believer.

Wisconsin, will be in the hunt on occassion due to their recruiting of the big uglies. They will get their coaching back soon.

Nebraska really has not been relevant for a long time. We have to start winning big games on National TV to even hope we can begin to compete with Ohio State. We have lost our strongest recruiting area in Texas I think, it will dwindle away. We need to get the castaways that Ohio State and Michigan leave. Our recruiting has to improve dramaticly period. Not only in quality, but actual sales, closing the deal. We have to do a much better job in coaching up what we have as we have failed in that badly. See KState, Boise State. They do not get the top kids, but they make them sound players with a chip on their shoulder. We seem to recruit better kids, but less drive, killer instinct. Of course there are exceptions, but overall we are not doing as well with our recruits as other out of the bubble programs

For those that think the 90's will return, you need to forget about it. Not happening. Coming to the Big made our life easier this year for sure, the Big 12 would have killed us this year.

Recruiting, talent, coaching, we are at best in third place in every aspect, some parts much lower.

We are more talented then Michigan/Ohio St. in multiple positions on the field....

Not really, WR and RB possibly, but they are/or will be close soon. Where it is important is the DL and OL. Until we recruit remotely close we will never be on their level. You will see Urban begin to pull those kids in from the SEC area and make them better.

You do recall the loss to Ohio State, all indications from that game is that there is considerably more talent in the Red and Gray to me.

Michigan will take a little longer, but population, winningest program in history, and playing big names every year helps them. Hoke will bring in kids from all over the country I think.

We have to recruit better, we can not accept no or send them home to think about it. We have to coach better, develop what we have. I admit our WR' and RB's are doing a great job this year, but every aspect needs that level of coaching/improvement.

Do you believe if Bo and staff were at KState this year they would be where they are now. Do you think Coach Snyder could have done more with our talent. Answer honestly and you will understand our problem. Nebraska as a coaching staff is not up to snuff, takes time, but wins give you time and we need some, this Saturday could be the most important game we have played in a very, very. very long time.

I think OSU will do just fine on the National level in the near future. They have talent, loads of it, a very good coach (2MNC) with heavy ties to the SEC. He will pull kids in from there to make them an elite team.

I think Michigan will be close, as state Hoke is a great coach, has turned programs around where ever he has been. Making San Diego State a winner was made me a believer.

Wisconsin, will be in the hunt on occassion due to their recruiting of the big uglies. They will get their coaching back soon.

Nebraska really has not been relevant for a long time. We have to start winning big games on National TV to even hope we can begin to compete with Ohio State. We have lost our strongest recruiting area in Texas I think, it will dwindle away. We need to get the castaways that Ohio State and Michigan leave. Our recruiting has to improve dramaticly period. Not only in quality, but actual sales, closing the deal. We have to do a much better job in coaching up what we have as we have failed in that badly. See KState, Boise State. They do not get the top kids, but they make them sound players with a chip on their shoulder. We seem to recruit better kids, but less drive, killer instinct. Of course there are exceptions, but overall we are not doing as well with our recruits as other out of the bubble programs

For those that think the 90's will return, you need to forget about it. Not happening. Coming to the Big made our life easier this year for sure, the Big 12 would have killed us this year.

Recruiting, talent, coaching, we are at best in third place in every aspect, some parts much lower.

We are more talented then Michigan/Ohio St. in multiple positions on the field....

true. but overall and with depth factored in... no. NU is not far off the mark, I'd think --- but certainly behind those two overall. NU's problem in not being able to compete well nationally is not a talent issue. It is coaching.

Big 10 for decades has been mostly Michigan/OSU but that has changed. You guys should not take someones opinion so seriously, it's just an opinion, especially that you have been here for only a season and a half, I don't see how there is enough credible data in such a short time. Now stop reading crap and like me get hyped for the game.

• Fire 1

Not really, WR and RB possibly, but they are/or will be close soon. Where it is important is the DL and OL. Until we recruit remotely close we will never be on their level. You will see Urban begin to pull those kids in from the SEC area and make them better.

You do recall the loss to Ohio State, all indications from that game is that there is considerably more talent in the Red and Gray to me.

Michigan will take a little longer, but population, winningest program in history, and playing big names every year helps them. Hoke will bring in kids from all over the country I think.

We have to recruit better, we can not accept no or send them home to think about it. We have to coach better, develop what we have. I admit our WR' and RB's are doing a great job this year, but every aspect needs that level of coaching/improvement.

Do you believe if Bo and staff were at KState this year they would be where they are now. Do you think Coach Snyder could have done more with our talent. Answer honestly and you will understand our problem. Nebraska as a coaching staff is not up to snuff, takes time, but wins give you time and we need some, this Saturday could be the most important game we have played in a very, very. very long time.

So which is it talent or coaching? KState doesn't even remotely come close to having top 25 talent, but look where they're at. One could then say it must be coaching looking strictly where they're at. Talent only takes you so far. Alabama isn't as dominating as they are because they're a top recruiting school. You preach we must get better talent, but then your last paragraph says something completely to the contrary. We have and are getting enouh athletes to compete with Ohio State and Michigan year in and year out. The jury is still out whether our coaching staff is up to snuff.

So which is it talent or coaching? KState doesn't even remotely come close to having top 25 talent, but look where they're at. One could then say it must be coaching looking strictly where they're at. Talent only takes you so far. Alabama isn't as dominating as they are because they're a top recruiting school. You preach we must get better talent, but then your last paragraph says something completely to the contrary. We have and are getting enouh athletes to compete with Ohio State and Michigan year in and year out. The jury is still out whether our coaching staff is up to snuff.

There is always going to be a team like KState, and there will always be a team like Texas/Notre Dame (before this year). It's in no way concrete - there are outliers and the star haters use them constantly, but the odds are certainly against us without a #15ish class every year. IMO there are 3 groups. The top 3-4 classes, then the #5-#15 class, then the #15 - #40. The first group has a huge competitive advantage over everyone else. To make a run, the odds are heavily weighted towards the teams in the top 2 groups. We need to find a way to get in there.

Snyder likely could have been putting up 11-12 win seasons at Nebraska a couple years ago. Likewise, Pelini probably wouldn't have been able to elevate a team like KState to a #4 ranking. Since we lack in that coaching department, we have to recruit better to compensate.

Just so I get this clear, it would be completely ok to recruit like Texas which finishes in the top 5 year in and year out and then have years like they've had ever since Colt McCoy left? My main point has been this: recruiting is important but it's not nearly as important as coaching. A couple of years ago per rivals we did have a top 15 recruiting class. It's not often a lacking coaching staff wins a NC unless they have a QB named Vince Young. Therefore, it would appear as though the coaching must get better.

I think it would be absolutely hilarious if Collin Klein wins the hypseman considering he was a three star recruit. A savvy coach and recruiter sees something in lesser rated players than those who only see stars. IMO, it's about how you recruit more than it is about who you recruit. The jury is still out whether or not Bo has this ability.

I guess I'd put it this way: consistent top classes don't guarantee perennial success because a lot of high profile recruits don't pan out, but they increase the likelihood greatly.

Whereas programs that can succeed at a high level without that kind of recruiting are very rare, and often the success is more flash in the pan.

I think the last 10 MNC have all had recruiting classes in the top 5 with in two years of them winning the championship. Take that for what ever it means.

The farther we get behind in talent, with our staff, the corner gets harder to turn. Less talent, less coaching ability does not make a change from the last ten years very probable.

Ohio state record is a joke. There non conference schedule is Miami(the Ohio not Florida) used to play Youngstown st, one more cream puff and one tough non conference game.

Starting 4-0 every year will do wonders for your 10yr record.

You're kidding right? Here are the best non conference foes from the past 10 years

Nebraska

#25 Penn State(2002)

Unranked Penn State(2003)

Unranked Pitt(2004)

Unranked Pitt(2005)

#4 USC(2006)

#1USC(2007)

Unranked VaTech(2008)

#13 VaTech(2009)

Unranked UDub(2010)

Unranked UDub(2011)

#22 UCLA(2012)