There is real help coming in '13 for sure. I've seen Hawkins play down here for the last four years. He can go. Has no real weakness and can take over and dominate at any time. He's extremely undervalued. Texas is LOADED in the 2013 class, and he's right there with the best of them.

I predict we'll be a Big10 title contender before the '13 class graduates. This staff is making inroads down here, and the area is fertile with high major talent.

There is real help coming in '13 for sure. I've seen Hawkins play down here for the last four years. He can go. Has no real weakness and can take over and dominate at any time. He's extremely undervalued. Texas is LOADED in the 2013 class, and he's right there with the best of them.

I predict we'll be a Big10 title contender before the '13 class graduates. This staff is making inroads down here, and the area is fertile with high major talent.

Thanks for the insight!. I have seen a little video of him, but it's a bit hard to tell how athletic he is. Reports are that he is a good athlete.

What can you share about his hops & quickness. I know he has good skills based off of what I have seen.

After hearing about the ISU scrimmage and finding out that Gallegos is a main perimeter shooter, I'm dropping my prediction by a win or two. I was probably the highest person on Gallegos when he committed and he's done nothing but make me look stupid, so for now I'm going to remain skeptical and say if they're depending on him, it's going to be even rougher than I originally thought.

Thanks for the insight!. I have seen a little video of him, but it's a bit hard to tell how athletic he is. Reports are that he is a good athlete.

What can you share about his hops & quickness. I know he has good skills based off of what I have seen.

He can really jump, but he doesn't seem to jump off one foot as well as he does two. I was at a dunk contest last year and saw him do a couple of dunks that made me sit up and take note. One was a left handed windmill, and the other was a 360 that was nasty with two hands, where he was turning in the opposite direction somehow.

His first step on offense is terrific, and he has really quick feet on defense. He's pretty physical on the perimeter and sometimes picks up an early foul but seems to be smart enough to adjust and back off after that.

I saw him play with his high school team a month or so ago, and he was being forced to play the post because they lost all their size from last year. Coach doesn't seem to have adjusted his offense from last year to accomodate the change in personnel. But he still made plays for himself and his teammates.

After hearing about the ISU scrimmage and finding out that Gallegos is a main perimeter shooter, I'm dropping my prediction by a win or two. I was probably the highest person on Gallegos when he committed and he's done nothing but make me look stupid, so for now I'm going to remain skeptical and say if they're depending on him, it's going to be even rougher than I originally thought.

Gotta agree on Gallegos..........for now anyway. His shot is either all net or all nothing and never gets a shooter's roll. Hopefully, the redshirt and extra year of practice have made him better (and the idea that he was the instigator for his redshirt season would seem to indicate he knew had had work to do). Hope I'm wrong about him and he becomes a go-to guy. Otherwise it looks like Talley will be the only primary scoring threat outside.

He can really jump, but he doesn't seem to jump off one foot as well as he does two. I was at a dunk contest last year and saw him do a couple of dunks that made me sit up and take note. One was a left handed windmill, and the other was a 360 that was nasty with two hands, where he was turning in the opposite direction somehow.

His first step on offense is terrific, and he has really quick feet on defense. He's pretty physical on the perimeter and sometimes picks up an early foul but seems to be smart enough to adjust and back off after that.

I saw him play with his high school team a month or so ago, and he was being forced to play the post because they lost all their size from last year. Coach doesn't seem to have adjusted his offense from last year to accomodate the change in personnel. But he still made plays for himself and his teammates.

Very nice! Can't wait. He will have a great opportunity to play early.

Headed to the Bob on Sunday and most of the games this season. I hope we are over .500 this season. I agree that next year should be much better than this season and we will be breaking in the new facility. I still have not figured out how and where I will be parking (coming in from SE part of town). I guess I have another year to make some trial runs. I have had season tickets since 85. I sure have seen a lot of coaches come through here since that time. I hope Coach Miles can put it together and get us dancing on a regular basis. I have said it before, but a good basketball coach can turn things around inside 3 years, including this one where his recruiting influence is minimal. GBR

After watching the exhibition game I am going to revise my win total downward to 7-8 wins. Sure miss Diaz & Bo.

Post play - Ubel struggled which for a senior was disappointing. Didn't post up very well. He needs to step it up to where he was at the end of last years season at the least. Disappointed in Almeida's conditioning/shape. He's going to have to get more intense when the competition ramps up. At least with his size he can compete. Serge has potential but I think he should redshirt. Work on that conditioning, build strength & speed. Get bigger and learn how to post up. He's got some skill and touch. (Not as skilled as Diaz did. Maybe Diaz will get bored and comeback....you never know....wishful thinking) Kurkowski is further along IMO as far as size, conditioning and I think could be played instead. Not sure if he is as good a rebounder thought. Serge is looooooong.

Wings. Happy with Rivers play. I think he needs to continue building size and play at the 4 spot. I like him popping out high and shooting 3's more than Ubel. I think next year it will be Petteway and Shields at the 3. David has an opportunity to have a good role at the 4 considering who we lose. Hope to see Shields out their soon. Talley did okay. He is going to be streaky but he has to be one of the scoring options and needs to keep putting it up. I would like him to attack a bit more in the mid-range and towards the hoop. A few less 3's. One of the few guys that can get a shot off on his own.

Guards. They all had their oops moment but I think once they got through first game jitters they settled down. I am happy with Parker. He's quick and is a little more stout than when I saw his last film. I think his shooting touch will come around as the game slows down for him. I think towards the end of the year he will be a scoring option as I think he can get open off the dribble. Outside of Talley I don't know if there are any other guys who can get themselves open. Possibly Gallegos, but I think it will be Talley and Parker at the end of the game with kickout options of Gallegos and Rivers at the arc. Thought Biggs did okay. Saw some flashes of his athleticism. Should be solid next year. Peltz will be okay as a backup. Thought he did okay in all-around play. Was hoping Gallegos would show a little bit better. He kept shooting which is good as we need that. Hope he uses more mid range game too, but I think he and Rivers probably will be our better 3 pt shooters. Menke might be a 3-pt guy off the bench too if they need a bunch of 3 pt shooters out on the court.