Nebraska in the driver's seat with one hand on the wheel

Longtime lurker and I don't post a lot put plan on doing so more often. A couple things-- we are now in the driver's seat albeit with a head to head win against Michigan. Although Denard Robinson did get injured, his longest rush was I believe 7 yards. Yes, with him out of the game, everything changes. I liked how we attacked Michigan's redshirt frosh QB with confusing blitzes. It seems like when we dial up a blitz, we're pretty efficient and I love an attacking aggressive defense. We need to see more of this even if there is a dual threat under center!

I thought Martinez played solid and was clutch with a couple good throws and scrambles but can someone PLEASE tell him to hold on to the rock as he goes towards the ground? I almost have a heart attack every time I see the ball fly out of his arms/hands. Also he needs to make better decisions during a run/pass option. He hesitates to gain 3-4 yards for the go ahead first down and that hesitation allows the defense to close on him.

The defense controlled the line of scrimmage and shut down Michigan's running game. They really keyed in on Toussaint and he had no where to go. The linebackers were flying all over the place and I love the aggression from the secondary. A lot of questionable penalties were called but my biggest gripe is the offensive line. A lot of blown assignments, protection breakdowns which forced Martinez into quick decisions passing and running the ball however the down field blocking is superb (the receivers really need to be commended for their great blocking) even if our backs have a small lane to cut through. Just goes to show they don't give up on the play.

This team has a lot of fight and has shown a lot of resolve. The win tonight was a good one but I think we all know we should probably hold judgements until the end and not get too ecstatic about the W. I do not see this team losing at home to PSU or Minnesota as long as our fans are jacked. Next weeks game against MSU will be huge but I think tonight's game may have painted a picture of what to expect. We cannot overlook any of our next opponents and get caught ala Northwestern 2011. Don't kid yourselves-- even with a possible 6-1 conference record heading into the "Heroes Game", it will be a dogfight at Iowa. What we do know is that we have always controlled our own destiny and yes, we are in the driver's seat with one hand on the wheel for the time being but remember remember the month of November. Can Pelini lead our Cornhuskers to the promised land through the next crucial month unhinged? Or will the wheels fall off? I'm going to keep enjoying this roller coaster season! I am hopeful that this team will ride all the way to Indianapolis!

Longtime lurker and I don't post a lot put plan on doing so more often. A couple things-- we are now in the driver's seat albeit with a head to head win against Michigan. Although Denard Robinson did get injured, his longest rush was I believe 7 yards. Yes, with him out of the game, everything changes. I liked how we attacked Michigan's redshirt frosh QB with confusing blitzes. It seems like when we dial up a blitz, we're pretty efficient and I love an attacking aggressive defense. We need to see more of this even if there is a dual threat under center!

I thought Martinez played solid and was clutch with a couple good throws and scrambles but can someone PLEASE tell him to hold on to the rock as he goes towards the ground? I almost have a heart attack every time I see the ball fly out of his arms/hands. Also he needs to make better decisions during a run/pass option. He hesitates to gain 3-4 yards for the go ahead first down and that hesitation allows the defense to close on him.

The defense controlled the line of scrimmage and shut down Michigan's running game. They really keyed in on Toussaint and he had no where to go. The linebackers were flying all over the place and I love the aggression from the secondary. A lot of questionable penalties were called but my biggest gripe is the offensive line. A lot of blown assignments, protection breakdowns which forced Martinez into quick decisions passing and running the ball however the down field blocking is superb (the receivers really need to be commended for their great blocking) even if our backs have a small lane to cut through. Just goes to show they don't give up on the play.

This team has a lot of fight and has shown a lot of resolve. The win tonight was a good one but I think we all know we should probably hold judgements until the end and not get too ecstatic about the W. I do not see this team losing at home to PSU or Minnesota as long as our fans are jacked. Next weeks game against MSU will be huge but I think tonight's game may have painted a picture of what to expect. We cannot overlook any of our next opponents and get caught ala Northwestern 2011. Don't kid yourselves-- even with a possible 6-1 conference record heading into the "Heroes Game", it will be a dogfight at Iowa. What we do know is that we have always controlled our own destiny and yes, we are in the driver's seat with one hand on the wheel for the time being but remember remember the month of November. Can Pelini lead our Cornhuskers to the promised land through the next crucial month unhinged? Or will the wheels fall off? I'm going to keep enjoying this roller coaster season! I am hopeful that this team will ride all the way to Indianapolis!

Yes.

Michigan still has Minnesota, Northwestern, Iowa, and Ohio State.

I feel good about them dropping one of those games. Ohio State is going to throttle them, I suspect. They might even get in their own way in one of those other games.

But Nebraska just needs to worry about getting better and keep on rolling. Northwestern still isn't out of the picture.

Nice analogy....even with Robinson hurt, as I see it, both teams played without their best player.

i wish we could relax a touch and just know we are going to win, but every game is going to be tough.