where are the critics now

I would like to know where all of the critics are now? Where are the people who said that 6-5 is not that much better then 5-6? Where are the people who thought that NU should turn down a bowl bid? Where are the people who thought that NU has shown no signs of improvement and stated that dispite the record being better thought that NU has gotten worse. Where are the people who thought that Bill Callahan should not get more time to get his system implemented?

Well guess what guys, NU is now 7-4 and going to a higher tier bowl game. Probably the Holiday or Alamo Bowl and I feel that NU deserves to go to either of these bowl games. This team has improved so much over last year that they went into sCUm country and dominated in every aspect of the game. Just think how this team will be prepared to play in the bowl after 4 weeks of preperation.

How this team will play next year is yet to be seen but after how they played this weekend I think that I will book my flight to Southern California now for the game against USC.

Yes I have talked about Coz not being the right person for DC and Norvell for OC. Maybe they need the same amount of time to get better also. I say now lets keep the entire staff together and see what happens. NU was good for so long when they basically had the same coaches forever.

Lets give it some time and and have fun watching more games like this one in the future.

p.s. Does anyone have the game on DVD, I would like to get a copy of it to watch again. Let me know and I will send a dvd and postage to get a copy sent to me.

and I'll dub this thread "Fair Weather Defined".

The highs and lows after wins and losses among us Husker fans is disturbing. The win over CU doesn't erase the debacle in Lawrence or the other truly disgusting losses in the last two years. What made this win over CU so special? The best four teams CU played this year they lost to: Texas, Miami, Iowa State and Nebraska. Who did they beat?

I'm as ecstatic as everyone else that our huskers came together and won a big road game, but until this team shows some level of consistency from week to week I am not jumping on the "buy my tickets for SoCal" bandwagon.

Enjoy the bowl game and let's hope recruiting finishes up well. I look forward to antoher 7 or 8 win season next year.

"This team has improved so much over last year that they went into sCUm country and dominated in every aspect of the game."

Um, didn't NU do that the last time they went there? Improvement over last year does nothing for me, I'm looking for improvement over 2 years ago. This team is still not back to that level.

Ralphie is whats for dinner per Huskrz65 in an earlier sig line

Maybe the buff fans are eating that

We dine on only the best Cornfed BEEF

I truly hope that is a portent of things to come next year and all three phases of the team gel like that for every game. Then the new shirt will read

THE ORDER IS RESTORED

Um, didn't NU do that the last time they went there? Improvement over last year does nothing for me, I'm looking for improvement over 2 years ago. This team is still not back to that level.

NU had to scratch and claw to beat a 5-7 team that year. Friday, NU thoroughly dominated a 7-4 team. A win is a win, and there were some bad games this season, but NU pulled it together friday and that shouldn't be overlooked. There were several members(as indicated by posts and score prediction contest) that gave NU absolutely no chance on friday, thought that this season showed absolutely no improvement over last(maybe even regression) and that they didn't deserve to go to a bowl game. Those people(and you know EXACTLY who you are) have not really been around the board and a few have swallowed their pride and congratulated the team and coaches and admitted that they were wrong. Whether or not the consistency will be there, we don't know and can only know that over time. I expect an 8 win season next year as well, but that doesn't mean that we can't be happy about this win.

peterbuilt,

it is fine that you might not be ready to say that callahan is not the right person for the HC job at NU.

i do not know if he is either, but i do believe he deserves more time to get the players in that he feels can run his system the best.

on other threads i stated that in order for calli to stay on he needed to make some changes on his staff. but after watching how the huskers came out ready to play, great offense and defensive plans. i came to realize that this staff needs some time to get their plans working also.

i feel that this program is headed in the right direction again. maybe not as fast as some would like but it is headed back in the right direction.

how many underclassmen played a major part of the game friday? 9 on offense alone. Cory Ross and Brandon Koch were the only seniors that started that wont be back. 7 on defense with Adams, Smith, Tiedtke, and Bullocks leaving.

that tells me this team will be better next year by experience alone

DaveH,

who does the play by play on these DVD's? is it the same people who announce the games on the radio, or if the game is televised? or do they have thier own announcers?

thanks for the link

I'll have to defer to Blackshirt for that one. Send him a PM or an email and he will be more than happy to help you out.

Um, didn't NU do that the last time they went there?  Improvement over last year does nothing for me, I'm looking for improvement over 2 years ago.  This team is still not back to that level.

NU had to scratch and claw to beat a 5-7 team that year. Friday, NU thoroughly dominated a 7-4 team. A win is a win, and there were some bad games this season, but NU pulled it together friday and that shouldn't be overlooked. There were several members(as indicated by posts and score prediction contest) that gave NU absolutely no chance on friday, thought that this season showed absolutely no improvement over last(maybe even regression) and that they didn't deserve to go to a bowl game. Those people(and you know EXACTLY who you are) have not really been around the board and a few have swallowed their pride and congratulated the team and coaches and admitted that they were wrong. Whether or not the consistency will be there, we don't know and can only know that over time. I expect an 8 win season next year as well, but that doesn't mean that we can't be happy about this win.

:yeah

I admitted I was wrong when they beat CU, but it IS only one game and by far the best game that this team has put together in 2 years. Maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon if this means that the stupid mistakes that we've seen most of the past 2 years are done, but consistency is hard to maintain and under this coaching staff, the team hasn't shown an inkling of being able to play consistent, quality football.

Finally, the way that this team won on offense isn't something that leads to consistency either. We averaged about 2.5 yards a carry on the ground - thankfully they stuck with the run enough to keep CU's defense honest, but running like that means the QB HAS to come up with a great game every time. Taylor played great, but expecting (counting on) him to throw for 392 yards a game isn't a recipe for consistent success.