Offense in the red zone

1st and Goal on the 4 and we have an injuried QB run 2 yards and then two consecutive passing plays? Doesn't make any sense.

Line up with two fullbacks (Marrow and Janovich) and Ameer and have them play hard nose football and run it up the gut. Lots of Husker fans in my section were pretty upset with the play calling on that drive.

You are just like me,,,,,, to used to Tom Osbornes power... I guess for us, it would be better if we could develop amnesia or something. Because the way it appears that most of people love this FINNESSE stuff. Because these same fans, are telling me, that is not the way football is played anymore, and it hasnt been played like that for at least a decade... Which would explain, why we havent won shyolla either, in a decade..

1st and Goal on the 4 and we have an injuried QB run 2 yards and then two consecutive passing plays? Doesn't make any sense.

Line up with two fullbacks (Marrow and Janovich) and Ameer and have them play hard nose football and run it up the gut. Lots of Husker fans in my section were pretty upset with the play calling on that drive.

You are just like me,,,,,, to used to Tom Osbornes power... I guess for us, it would be better if we could develop amnesia or something. Because the way it appears that most of people love this FINNESSE stuff. Because these same fans, are telling me, that is not the way football is played anymore, and it hasnt been played like that for at least a decade... Which would explain, why we havent won shyolla either, in a decade..

There's nothing wrong with being multiple. it's very stressful on a defense. I do have a gripe with the playcalling inside the 5. it's one thing if its 3rd and goal from the 4, but this was first and goal from the 4. The combo of Marrow and Cross can gain 2 yards a play by falling down. Our offense is very effective and no where close to being an issue between the 10's. I just thing Beck tries getting to cute inside the 10's.

Lastly, dont start with the Osborne stuff again. It's been beaten to death. We know your point. You know everyone else's.

• Fire 1

There's nothing wrong with being multiple. it's very stressful on a defense. I do have a gripe with the playcalling inside the 5. it's one thing if its 3rd and goal from the 4, but this was first and goal from the 4. The combo of Marrow and Cross can gain 2 yards a play by falling down. Our offense is very effective and no where close to being an issue between the 10's. I just thing Beck tries getting to cute inside the 10's.

Lastly, dont start with the Osborne stuff again. It's been beaten to death. We know your point. You know everyone else's.

I didnt reply to this, knowing that you are going to follow me... And? weight is, and always will be more stressful on light weight defenses that are built to stop spread offenses. Because I was just telling him,, to develop amnesia, because the days of scoring mostly touchdowns, once inside, the 10 are over..

I didnt reply to this, knowing that you are going to follow me... And? weight is, and always will be more stressful on light weight defenses that are built to stop spread offenses. Because I was just telling him,, to develop amnesia, because the days of scoring mostly touchdowns, once inside, the 10 are over..

It is, almost impossible to read, your posts because, you have no clue what the, purpose of a comma, is,

• Fire 2

It is, almost impossible to read, your posts because, you have no clue what the, purpose of a comma, is,

Thanks and, Amen

QFMFT

At least he gives us the option to take a breathe and gather what he is saying, and its not a run-on sentence where we have to create our own breaks lol

Pass plays in that situation are a work of art if they work and the dumbest thing in the world if they don't.

Running up the guy 4 times is a work of art if they work and the dumbest thing in the world if they don't.

The fact is, the team needs to execute the plays and they work. As has been said, the receivers were open, one miss was on the QB and one was on the WR. They didn't execute.

This.

I can't stand this one bullsh#t motion dive play that NU always, always runs.

I think there was an actual play action off of it last time v Michigan.

But I just feel like there has to be something other than the most obvious slam/dive play ever --- goaline 3TE set, and the widest Te goes in motion across the field, then runs back, and chops his feet waiting for the play to snap in the exact spot where the ball is going.

I think that's just an ugly play, and I'd never call it if I were coahing or pretending to coach in a video game.

There have been a few times where NU has used it back to back, getting stuffed both times... and I wish that wasn't our 'go to run play' for short yardage.

ugh.

I'll look to see if they did do a playaction off of it..

Last night showed Beck is still learning for sure and/or has a lot more learning to do. We have so many weapons, I wish he would use them in less obvious ways such as the play you referenced above.

Beck is handicapped by a very bad OL. That is why he has to get "cute" with his play calling because they can't consistently run block in the red zone.

Oh for the love of God....a forward pass isn't getting "cute". It's football.

The modern era of Nebraska football started when Bob Devaney took over a team that consistently pounded the middle of the line and lost boring football games. Devaney's first play at Nebraska was a Dennis Claridge pass and it got a standing ovation at Memorial Stadium. He brought in Tom Osborne who was considered a clever offensive mind, ran balanced attacks and came up with some of the cutest gadget plays you've ever seen.

Beck's doing just fine.

• Fire 1

I can't stand this one bullsh#t motion dive play that NU always, always runs.

I think there was an actual play action off of it last time v Michigan.

But I just feel like there has to be something other than the most obvious slam/dive play ever --- goaline 3TE set, and the widest Te goes in motion across the field, then runs back, and chops his feet waiting for the play to snap in the exact spot where the ball is going.

I think that's just an ugly play, and I'd never call it if I were coahing or pretending to coach in a video game.

There have been a few times where NU has used it back to back, getting stuffed both times... and I wish that wasn't our 'go to run play' for short yardage.

ugh.

I'll look to see if they did do a playaction off of it..

Last night showed Beck is still learning for sure and/or has a lot more learning to do. We have so many weapons, I wish he would use them in less obvious ways such as the play you referenced above.

Beck is handicapped by a very bad OL. That is why he has to get "cute" with his play calling because they can't consistently run block in the red zone.

Oh for the love of God....a forward pass isn't getting "cute". It's football.

The modern era of Nebraska football started when Bob Devaney took over a team that consistently pounded the middle of the line and lost boring football games. Devaney's first play at Nebraska was a Dennis Claridge pass and it got a standing ovation at Memorial Stadium. He brought in Tom Osborne who was considered a clever offensive mind, ran balanced attacks and came up with some of the cutest gadget plays you've ever seen.

Beck's doing just fine.

After spending years watching TO and Solich teams I think it's great that we have a dynamic offense that can put up points in a hurry when needed. It's not a coincidence that our biggest comebacks of all time have occurred recently. I no longer cringe when TM drops back so that has a lot to do with my opinion too.

Definitely need to pass to keep the running game going.