The Road Ahead - Final 1/3 of the Season

knapplc

I would hate to see Oregon in the rose bowl....but with their strength of schedule these list few games they should move up to#2

I completely disagree, Kstate has more of a tough schedule this year, and has beaten everyone they were suppose to lose to. KSU will stay at #2 as long as they stay undefeated and have a decent margin of victory.

I am hoping ND and Bama get beat in these upcoming weeks. Therefore it would be Kstate vs Oregon lol

I would hate to see Oregon in the rose bowl....but with their strength of schedule these list few games they should move up to#2

I completely disagree, Kstate has more of a tough schedule this year, and has beaten everyone they were suppose to lose to. KSU will stay at #2 as long as they stay undefeated and have a decent margin of victory.

I am hoping ND and Bama get beat in these upcoming weeks. Therefore it would be Kstate vs Oregon lol

Agree w/ you here. Tossup though. With USC losing last week, the oregeon/usc game is no longer enough to put them on top of kstate at this point. Oregon's schedule strength is getting worse by the week. Cal. won't help any. The only thing that will help them is they finish against Oregon State, and they'll have a championship game to play in. Unfortunately for Oregon - their opponent will probably be a 3-4 loss team. The Big12 might find out how important that championship game was this year. Then again, Oregon has been at the top of the rankings for a couple years now and never had a chance to play for it all. K-State is realtively new to the scene.

Agree w/ you here. Tossup though. With USC losing last week, the oregeon/usc game is no longer enough to put them on top of kstate at this point. Oregon's schedule strength is getting worse by the week. Cal. won't help any. The only thing that will help them is they finish against Oregon State, and they'll have a championship game to play in. Unfortunately for Oregon - their opponent will probably be a 3-4 loss team. The Big12 might find out how important that championship game was this year. Then again, Oregon has been at the top of the rankings for a couple years now and never had a chance to play for it all. K-State is realtively new to the scene.

Do you just make stuff up?

I mean their loss to USC in '11 still gave them a chance? Beating only two ranked teams, and to their 3rd.

oregon is sitting #2 in the AP currently.

2011: #4

2010: #3

2009: #11

2008: #10

Oregon is a little more relevant nationally than K-State has been recently. If you don't think that makes a difference check out where Boise State sits in the rankings right now. Ahead of us. After a loss to 5-4 MSU and a huge 7-6 win over 5-4 BYU?

I mean their loss to USC in '11 still gave them a chance? Beating only two ranked teams, and to their 3rd.

KC, does Alzheimer's by chance run in your family? Oregon didn't play in the MNC game two years ago did they?

KC, does Alzheimer's by chance run in your family? Oregon didn't play in the MNC game two years ago did they?

perhaps I should have clarified myself a little more for those so challenged..."top" was used as a relative term - not literally the #1 ranking. But at least ranked (and top 10 for most of the last 5 years)...which is more than K-State can say.

The only concerning thing to me is how we're swapping wins for losses last year and a loss for a win last year. Last year, we lost to Wisconsin; Michigan; and Northwestern. This year, we've beat those three. Last year, we beat Ohio State. This year, they took us behind the shed. I'm more than a little concerned about Michigan State and Penn State for this reason.

We're not swapping wins for losses, we've swapped ONE win for one loss. It's not some innate thing that we lose every game we won last year...seems a little superstitious to me.

One? Last year Wisconsin beat us, this year we beat them. Last year Northwestern beat us, this year we beat them. Last year Michigan beat us, this year we beat them. Last year we beat Ohio State, this year they creamed us. Yes, I'm superstitous. Michigan State's defense scares me. A fumble here or an INT there would put us in a pretty tough spot I'm afraid. I don't know what to make of Penn State.

One? Last year Wisconsin beat us, this year we beat them. Last year Northwestern beat us, this year we beat them. Last year Michigan beat us, this year we beat them. Last year we beat Ohio State, this year they creamed us. Yes, I'm superstitous. Michigan State's defense scares me. A fumble here or an INT there would put us in a pretty tough spot I'm afraid. I don't know what to make of Penn State.

uhhhg. didn't need to read this. we've also broken a lot of trends this year. like our issues with mobile QBs. time to break this trend as well.

Only reason it doesn't scare me, is because I don't think they have the offense to score much against us. Their defense is stout, but I think we will wear them down. At least I am hoping lol.

The only concerning thing to me is how we're swapping wins for losses last year and a loss for a win last year. Last year, we lost to Wisconsin; Michigan; and Northwestern. This year, we've beat those three. Last year, we beat Ohio State. This year, they took us behind the shed. I'm more than a little concerned about Michigan State and Penn State for this reason.

We're not swapping wins for losses, we've swapped ONE win for one loss. It's not some innate thing that we lose every game we won last year...seems a little superstitious to me.

So according to your superstitious theory.. We lose the remaining 4 games?

• Fire 1

Oregon is a little more relevant nationally than K-State has been recently. If you don't think that makes a difference check out where Boise State sits in the rankings right now. Ahead of us. After a loss to 5-4 MSU and a huge 7-6 win over 5-4 BYU?

I disagree 110% on that.

? please elaborate on why you disagree. I'd love to hear this. Did you just start watching football this year? Or because you think the Pac12 sucks? Count up the number of weeks the Ducks have been ranking in the top 10 for the last 5ish years. Then look at K-State's. Let me know what you find.

NEBRASKA was ranked higher than K-State going into the season for god's sake LOL

...oh I know - because K-State played in what was formerly the dominant big 12 north. that makes sense.

I disagree 110% on that.

? please elaborate on why you disagree. I'd love to hear this. Because you think the Pac12 sucks? Count up the number of weeks the Ducks have been ranking in the top 10 for the last 5ish years. Then look at K-State's. Let me know what you find.

I hope he forgot the sarcasm sign, if not, he is delirious