Chris Christie Praises Obama For Hurricane Sandy Preparation

It's called being a human being. Good God, can't we all see that party affliation doesn't matter when people are in danger? I understand why you are wasting so much time by starting thread after thread slinging mud at republicans, but give it a break.

Perhaps I'd take your criticisms a bit more to heart if you said the same things to your political brethren when they create similar threads, yet I don't see you concerning yourself with their threads based rumors.

To quote a Republican on these boards, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander."

Find a thread I have created. I could care less if you take my criticism to heart. You start threads just to sling mud and I do not find that very intellectually challanging. You appear very skewed.

How about threads created by people who share your political views? You have no problem with those, or the fact that they post doggerel about Obama, but I post equal doggerel about Romney, and suddenly you're posting at me. Pot, meet kettle.

like i said, the corp of enigeeners knew for decades of the weaknesses and did nothing. i am only blaming bush, but this is why we have and need a competent federal gov't.

from your article:

Nonetheless, some experts argue that the federal government should have been more proactive.

"If the city and the state are stumbling or in over their head, then it's FEMA's [Federal Emergency Management Agency's] responsibility to show some leadership," said Jerry Hauer, director of public health preparedness at the Department of Health and Human Services.

Both the president and Congress have vowed to investigate questions of blame. It may already be safe to conclude that there will be plenty of it to go around.

Hmmm...I didn't know Bush was President for decades.

sorry, i forget 'not'. i meant to say, 'i am not only blaming bush'.

Wow...you really are going to go there?

why would he not?

Once again, this was a break down of the local and state governments. President Bush was heavily criticized for not sending in the military to help out the survivors or to help evacuation. The fact is, IT IS ILLEGAL for the President to send the military into a state without approval of the local and state government. The administration asked several times during the tragedy if they needed help and only after it was painfully clear that they did, did the Governor ask and approve of federal help.

On another flip side of all of this.

I find it rather amusing that Obama is being praised for helping with relief efforts. Isn't this pretty much done by people several pay levels below him?

Meanwhile, when an American dignitary asks for protection over seas by our military and his government fails to provide it, he washes his hands of it by claiming thats all done several levels below him.

That all is kind of odd to me.

first, obama has no control over who or why people praise him. second, your memory of katrina confuses me. third, if you honestly believe the federal gov't should receive no blame for the failures of katrina, that explains a lot. fourth, so it was jindal's fault?

Where did I say the federal government had no blame?

I am confused on something. Is the President responsible for what happens several levels below him or not?

honestly, i think we are not even arguing anymore. the buck always stops with the president, good or bad. but we are both right and what we are saying is not mutually exclusive. all i was saying is that this was an epic failure of our gov't, at all levels. i will say that you are right with what you are saying, but do you think brown as a good appointment for head of fema? i would disagree with you if you thought bush handled that crisis well.

Chris Christie Praises Obama For Hurricane Sandy Preparation

POMPTON LAKES — Gov. Chris Christie today thanked President Obama for ensuring federal government resources are available to New Jersey, which is expected to bear the brunt of rain, wind and flooding from Hurricane Sandy.

“I thank the president for his telephone call and inquiring about how things are going here and I assured him that things were going well so far. He advised me to call him at any time that things were not going well,” he said at a fire house backed with emergency personnel, residents and press.

The conference call brought together governors from Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts as well as a few mayors, Christie said.

“I appreciated the president’s outreach today in making sure that we know he’s watching this and is concerned about the health and welfare and safety of the people of the state of New Jersey,” he said.

I saw that interview live when ABC had him on this morning. I think he even went and added a personal 'thank you' to Obama at the end of the interview. Christie looked tired...

I may not see eye to eye with him on a number of issues, but I do have some respect for him. And it is good to see some leaders actually leading for a change, and working together, quickly, to get things that need doing done.

On a side note, things like Sandy are the exact reason we can not, under any circumstances, have a Federal Balanced Budget Amendment as some have been calling for.