Chris Christie Praises Obama For Hurricane Sandy Preparation

Apples and Oranges Knapp as usual. You can not compare a natural disaster, to a national disaster. Well I guess you can, but the statement is idiotic. We can not prevent a natural disaster from destroying property and lives. But its becoming more and more apparent that the chances of our people in Benghazi would have been greatly improved if just a fraction of the forces in the area could have been provided to protect Americans lives.

I don't understand why you think he is breaking ranks?

What did Republicans say when Obama turned the economy around?

What did Republicans say when Obama passed universal healthcare, making America the last first-world nation to enact such legislation?

What did Republicans say when Obama made the call that killed Osama bin Laden?

What did Republicans say when Obama successfully ended the war in Iraq?

The list goes on and on...

Really? You really don't understand? Or you don't want to understand? Those are two very different things.

I don't understand why you think he is breaking ranks?

What did Republicans say when Obama passed universal healthcare, making America the last first-world nation to enact such legislation?

What did Republicans say when Obama made the call that killed Osama bin Laden?

What did Republicans say when Obama successfully ended the war in Iraq?

The list goes on and on...

Really? You really don't understand? Or you don't want to understand? Those are two very different things.

I'm incredulous that you actually say this...........!!! (Because millions of Americans don't see that anything has been turned around).

Chris Christie Praises Obama For Hurricane Sandy Preparation

POMPTON LAKES — Gov. Chris Christie today thanked President Obama for ensuring federal government resources are available to New Jersey, which is expected to bear the brunt of rain, wind and flooding from Hurricane Sandy.

“I thank the president for his telephone call and inquiring about how things are going here and I assured him that things were going well so far. He advised me to call him at any time that things were not going well,” he said at a fire house backed with emergency personnel, residents and press.

The conference call brought together governors from Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts as well as a few mayors, Christie said.

“I appreciated the president’s outreach today in making sure that we know he’s watching this and is concerned about the health and welfare and safety of the people of the state of New Jersey,” he said.

This is news? Isn't that what any president OUGHT to do? Jeeze........it's like your child wanting extra credit for NOT breaking a window.........

Tell that to post-Katrina New Orleans.

It's news because Republicans aren't making it a political issue like the other side did during Katrina.

let us be clear, the tragedy of new orleans was man made. there is no doubt about that. the damage was not caused directly by the hurricane, but by every protection failing during the subsequent flooding. there is plenty of blame to go around, but that most certainly was a political issue. the criminal negligence and gross misallocation of funds is most certainly political.

It's news that a major Republican is breaking party ranks just before the election to praise the sitting president - of another party, no less.

It's a major deviation from the Republican derp that we've been handed these past 18 months. So yes, that's news.

It's called being a human being. Good God, can't we all see that party affliation doesn't matter when people are in danger? I understand why you are wasting so much time by starting thread after thread slinging mud at republicans, but give it a break.

It's news that a major Republican is breaking party ranks just before the election to praise the sitting president - of another party, no less.

It's a major deviation from the Republican derp that we've been handed these past 18 months. So yes, that's news.

It's called being a human being. Good God, can't we all see that party affliation doesn't matter when people are in danger? I understand why you are wasting so much time by starting thread after thread slinging mud at republicans, but give it a break.

what is romney doing right now? cravenly hanging out at 'charity events', where exactly? when he could just as easily write a personal check for more than the combined room could?

Perhaps I'd take your criticisms a bit more to heart if you said the same things to your political brethren when they create similar threads, yet I don't see you concerning yourself with their threads based rumors.

To quote a Republican on these boards, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander."

It's news because Republicans aren't making it a political issue like the other side did during Katrina.

let us be clear, the tragedy of new orleans was man made. there is no doubt about that. the damage was not caused directly by the hurricane, but by every protection failing during the subsequent flooding. there is plenty of blame to go around, but that most certainly was a political issue. the criminal negligence and gross misallocation of funds is most certainly political.

Oh...exactly so.

Now, this discussion is about the President's involvement after a tragedy. The mis-allocation of funds prior to Katrina was caused by local political corruption. I would absolutely love to know how the Presidential administration at the time of Katrina mis-allocated those funds so that the flooding safety mechanisms didn't work.