Chris Christie Praises Obama For Hurricane Sandy Preparation

POMPTON LAKES — Gov. Chris Christie today thanked President Obama for ensuring federal government resources are available to New Jersey, which is expected to bear the brunt of rain, wind and flooding from Hurricane Sandy.

“I thank the president for his telephone call and inquiring about how things are going here and I assured him that things were going well so far. He advised me to call him at any time that things were not going well,” he said at a fire house backed with emergency personnel, residents and press.

The conference call brought together governors from Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts as well as a few mayors, Christie said.

“I appreciated the president’s outreach today in making sure that we know he’s watching this and is concerned about the health and welfare and safety of the people of the state of New Jersey,” he said.

POMPTON LAKES — Gov. Chris Christie today thanked President Obama for ensuring federal government resources are available to New Jersey, which is expected to bear the brunt of rain, wind and flooding from Hurricane Sandy.

“I thank the president for his telephone call and inquiring about how things are going here and I assured him that things were going well so far. He advised me to call him at any time that things were not going well,” he said at a fire house backed with emergency personnel, residents and press.

The conference call brought together governors from Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts as well as a few mayors, Christie said.

“I appreciated the president’s outreach today in making sure that we know he’s watching this and is concerned about the health and welfare and safety of the people of the state of New Jersey,” he said.

This is news? Isn't that what any president OUGHT to do? Jeeze........it's like your child wanting extra credit for NOT breaking a window.........

It's news that a major Republican is breaking party ranks just before the election to praise the sitting president - of another party, no less.

It's a major deviation from the Republican derp that we've been handed these past 18 months. So yes, that's news.

Um, no, not really. But if he makes you feel better then believe it all you want.

You don't believe what Governor Christie is saying? Interesting break in the ranks.

I don't understand why you think he is breaking ranks? This isn't a political endorsement, it's a national disaster. Glad to see they are working together. They can play all the politics they want afterwards. Sad you feel this way though.

• Fire 1

I don't understand why you think he is breaking ranks?

What did Republicans say when Obama turned the economy around?

What did Republicans say when Obama passed universal healthcare, making America the last first-world nation to enact such legislation?

What did Republicans say when Obama made the call that killed Osama bin Laden?

What did Republicans say when Obama successfully ended the war in Iraq?

The list goes on and on...

Really? You really don't understand? Or you don't want to understand? Those are two very different things.

What did Republicans say when Obama passed universal healthcare, making America the last first-world nation to enact such legislation?

Really? You really don't understand? Or you don't want to understand? Those are two very different things.

Sorry none of that has nothing to do with whats going on tonight. Glad Obama and Christie both see that as well. As I said, they can play all the politics they want afterwards. Logic fail once again Knapp.

Sorry none of that has nothing to do with whats going on tonight. Glad Obama and Christie both see that as well. As I said, they can play all the politics they want afterwards. Logic fail once again Knapp.

They have everything to do with it. If Christie were to do the norm (as it was in the events knapp listed), he wouldn't compliment Obama no matter what he did.

• Fire 1

Your continued attempts to make this about me are disheartening. If I need to remind you to talk about the post and not the poster, I'll be happy to. :)

Coming from the guy who just told me that I "don't want to understand" Got it. Please do the same.

Don't make me report you to a moderator!

;)

They have everything to do with it. If Christie were to do the norm (as it was in the events knapp listed), he wouldn't compliment Obama no matter what he did.

Once again, this is a natural disaster happening right now. I'd expect nothing less then from EITHER party then what Christie and Obama are doing. The politics can and of course will come later. I just wish more people on here would see it the same way.

It's news because Republicans aren't making it a political issue like the other side did during Katrina.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/viewSubCategory.asp?id=142

What a low point in American history when one side is blaming the death of people on the other side and claiming it is racism. This was said for one reason and that is to get their vote. Heck, there were even people who believed that Bush CAUSED hurricane Katrina.

http://www.world-mysteries.com/doug_katrina.htm

Heck, there were even people who thought Bush blew up the levy so that black people would die.

I'm glad you acknowledge that the Republicans don't do that.