Nebraska vs an undefeated Oregon

The best way to compete with Oregon is keep their offense off the field. Long sustaining drives is how you slow Oregon down. Can they score quickly? Yes, yes they can, but no one has kept their defense on the field for a long time. I guarantee you if you did that for the entire game you'd start challenging their cardio endurance and given that their starters aren't in the game for at least half the football game......................they'd be sucking wind. Yes, they are fast, yes anyone can run full out sprints for the few minutes your offense or defense is on the field, but what happens when you're on the field longer than you've ever been? With our four backs and Taylor that's the ONLY way we could beat them. Rotate the backs in and out throughout the game and keep them fresh and try to have long drives. 4 and 5 yards a pop and you're doing well. Having said that, no way Oregon loses another game this season. I hope I get to see an Alabama vs. Oregon NC game, it'll be awesome!

If we got Oregon in the Rose Bowl, I'd be tempted not to watch. Not only would their offense hang 50 points on us, their D would force several turnovers and probably prevent us from even reaching the 23 Mich held us to. No disrespect to our guys, but Oregon is on a completely different level.

If Nebraska was playing Oregon with one week to prepare I might be inclined to agree.

However, Nebraska vs Oregon in the Rose Bowl with 5 weeks to prepare evens out the odds.

Like South Carolina and Washington? This Oregon team blows out this Nebraska team no matter where or when they play. USC gave up the most points and yards in their history. Oregon's defense had their first bad game, but Taylor can't throw like Barkley.

You mean the South Carolina team we were beating handidly in the first half until one thing went wrong and we packed it in? Or the Washington team that was motivated for revenge in a game we had absolutely ZERO interest in playing. We did not get run off the field in those two games. What about the Arizona Holiday Bowl? How about the Clemson Gator Bowl? Bo has been just as successful with those extended preparation time if not more than not. Not to mention his record after idle weeks.