United Nations at polling sites how do you feel about that?

Are these the UN people?

New-Black-Panther.jpg

I'm curious where this picture is from. Maybe it was in another thread and I missed it, but right now I don't really understand the reference.

This was a joke for this thread since some people seem to think voter fraud is always done by the "other" party.

This picture was taken outside a polling place in the last Presidential election. It is of some Black Panther members who thought they needed to provide security at the polling place.

This was a joke for this thread since some people seem to think voter fraud is always done by the "other" party.

This picture was taken outside a polling place in the last Presidential election. It is of some Black Panther members who thought they needed to provide security at the polling place.

The sad thing is, this picture (and the accompanying video) of two guys in one spot equates, in the minds of too many people, with the nationally organized attempt to suppress voter turnout in this election.

Ah. Is there some sort of indication that these two were suppressing republican voters? Or is it just a random picture meant to stir ugly emotions?

For the record, I have no problem with the UN here if they verify that the people who vote are actually who they say they are.

It's sad that it's come to this.

That's not why they're here. We've gone over this before. Voter ID is not a problem in this country. Vote suppression is a large and growing problem in this election.

• Fire 2

For the record, I have no problem with the UN here if they verify that the people who vote are actually who they say they are.

That's not why they're here. We've gone over this before. Voter ID is not a problem in this country. Vote suppression is a large and growing problem in this election.

Your opinion. I believe both are important.

Your opinion. I believe both are important.

I didn't say they weren't both important. I said one is a larger problem than the other.

Do you think this is an attempt at voter intimidation?

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/10/22/clear-channel-announces-removal-of-voter-fraud-billboard-ads

The billboards, which loomed over mostly poor and minority neighborhoods in Wisconsin and Ohio, attracted national attention and were planned to remain up through the Nov. 6 election. The signs showed a large gavel and also a red banner that said voter fraud was "punishable by up to three and a half years in prison and a $10,000 fine." Activists protesting the boards argued they were part of a concerted effort to suppress the minority vote.

We drove through Wisconsin on our way to stay with family for the Northwestern game. In the tiny corner of Wisconsin that we drove through, I probably saw seven or eight of those billboards. It's astounding the amount of money being spent on a solution to this problem. Gives new meaning to the word 'disproportionate.'

Election Officials Who Vowed War on Voter Fraud Find Little Proof of It

Denver, Colorado – They vowed to wage a war on voter fraud.

But those officials are having a hard time finding much of an enemy to fight.

State officials in key presidential battleground states, many of them Republican, have found only a tiny fraction of the illegal voters they initially suspected existed. Searches in Colorado and Florida have yielded numbers that amount to less than one-tenth of 1 percent of all registered voters in either state.

Democrats say the searches waste time and, worse, could disenfranchise eligible voters who are swept up in the checks.

"I find it offensive that I'm being required to do more than any other citizen to prove that I can vote," said Samantha Meiring, 37, a Colorado voter and South African immigrant who became a U.S. citizen in 2010. Meiring was among 3,903 registered voters who received letters last month from the Colorado Secretary of State's office questioning their right to vote.

I put this in the same category as many things that are done that I personally would not do.

Voter fraud is a felony. Stating that in public should not be a crime. If I were to do this (for which I wouldn't ) I would have put them up everywhere. That's because I believe most voter fraud is actually caused by people who are not poor and minorities. It is by people in campaigns who have motives.

We drove through Wisconsin on our way to stay with family for the Northwestern game. In the tiny corner of Wisconsin that we drove through, I probably saw seven or eight of those billboards. It's astounding the amount of money being spent on a solution to this problem. Gives new meaning to the word 'disproportionate.'

Election Officials Who Vowed War on Voter Fraud Find Little Proof of It

Denver, Colorado – They vowed to wage a war on voter fraud.

But those officials are having a hard time finding much of an enemy to fight.

State officials in key presidential battleground states, many of them Republican, have found only a tiny fraction of the illegal voters they initially suspected existed. Searches in Colorado and Florida have yielded numbers that amount to less than one-tenth of 1 percent of all registered voters in either state.

Democrats say the searches waste time and, worse, could disenfranchise eligible voters who are swept up in the checks.

"I find it offensive that I'm being required to do more than any other citizen to prove that I can vote," said Samantha Meiring, 37, a Colorado voter and South African immigrant who became a U.S. citizen in 2010. Meiring was among 3,903 registered voters who received letters last month from the Colorado Secretary of State's office questioning their right to vote.

We've beat that dead horse to death 10 times. We disagree, but, we are at two levels on this. You claim there isn't any voter fraud because no charges have been filed.

I ask, how much has happened that hasn't been caught.

I view this like telling the police they can't patrol the roads and use radar detectors and then when no speeding tickets hit the courts you claim nobody is speeding.

Most vets do not want them here. Vets that have worked with the united nations have been in cluster bleep situations. I still do not understand how the united nations is going to help the problems we have. But this is just the first step to the united nations becoming part of American citizens lives. It is what it is.

I'm sorry, not trying to be rude here, but what do veterans have to do with this?

No that is fine you asked a sincere question. American vets take their oath. When joining at first they really do not understand it. Then it starts sinking in. Vets are the ones that protect the civilians. Certain vets take jobs that their main mission is to take human lives. Vets do not want a Foreign group coming in and telling Americans how to handle things. I will send you a link of a combat medic vet that refused to where the united nations patch during Bosnia. He was kicked out of the military. He at a young age understood why he joined the military. Also you do not want the united nations here in any capacity. The track record of the united nations is horrific.