United Nations at polling sites how do you feel about that?

also strigori how does the president of this Sovereign nation be able to lead and also head the united nations and not have conflicting interests? History lesson, Really?

Really? :facepalm:

yeah really. Well enjoy your united nations. once a snake is in it is not leaving. Have fun with that blue patch. Remember the TSA? Only for airports. Where are they now?

Want to talk Russian troops at Ft Carson? Did they leave? Who is the architect of Homeland security? I know, I know I am just some conspiracy guy with no facts. Building 7 in new york fell down on its own. Even though no high rise tower had ever fallen in the world due to fires. I know,I know, The pentagon was hit by a plane even though the parts did not match up with the plane flying. I wonder why the feds confiscated the video of that plane hitting the pentagon? Remember, Love your country hate your government. some one said that quote? I do not think he was important though. I know I know every pilot interviewed has said it was impossible for the flight pattern to hit the pentagon. Yeah those cave dwellers just had god like skills that day.

Screw voter ID laws, how about worker ID laws. Every person who works in the US has to show ID to legally work in the us. Worker suppression and intimidation.......

Come on you're better than that.

What? I am a suppression convert, if people need ID's to work, how can they afford the ID's to get jobs. We are forcing the poor to stay poor.

Screw voter ID laws, how about worker ID laws. Every person who works in the US has to show ID to legally work in the us. Worker suppression and intimidation.......

What? I am a suppression convert, if people need ID's to work, how can they afford the ID's to get jobs. We are forcing the poor to stay poor.

Your sarcastic argument is flawed, the government provides social security cards to citizens. Pretty sure most people have said they don't have a problem with voter ID as long as it is cheap and didn't suddenly pop up during an election year.

Your sarcastic argument is flawed, the government provides social security cards to citizens. Pretty sure most people have said they don't have a problem with voter ID as long as it is cheap and didn't suddenly pop up during an election year.

That's the problem. Most people may have said that but the people in charge never make it happen. They use it as a political hot potato instead of actually using voter ID to make our elections better. Put voter ID in place and make it so simple and free that literally nobody can complain about it.

That is the common sense solution. Problem is, nobody in politics uses common sense.

Put voter ID in place and make it so simple and free that literally nobody can complain about it.

Works for me.

How does getting an ID work for the elderly, shut ins, people who actually don't have birth certificates?

http://www.wvec.com/...-142317585.html

Those would have to be covered in the "so simple and free that literally nobody can complain about it."

It must be very easy to obtain. It must be free. And it must not be in the few months leading up to major elections.

An issue that needs to get resolved related to that is what they want for 'proof of residence' If you go in to change the address on your drivers license, they want 3 items mailed to you by 3 unrelated entities. With the move many are taking to online only billing, they may not have items from 3 different entities. I had a hell of a time trying to find them on one occasion not long ago.

Put voter ID in place and make it so simple and free that literally nobody can complain about it.

Works for me.

How does getting an ID work for the elderly, shut ins, people who actually don't have birth certificates?

Those would have to be covered in the "so simple and free that literally nobody can complain about it."

It must be very easy to obtain. It must be free. And it must not be in the few months leading up to major elections.

Again, something can be worked out if the people in power want it to be worked out. The fact is though, this is such a political issue that both sides really don't want it resolved. The Republicans don't want it resolved so that the can point to Dems and claim they commit fraud. Democrats don't want it resolved so they can point to Republicans and claim they want to supress the vote of poor minorities.

I have a question though on your question. How do these people vote? If they can get out of their house once every 2-4 years to vote, then they can get out (with plenty of heads up) to get an ID. If they vote absentee, then I am fine with the government paying a certified person to go to their home and registering them. As long as they are a certified person and not some hack working actually for one side or the other.

• Fire 1

Works for me.

Again, something can be worked out if the people in power want it to be worked out. The fact is though, this is such a political issue that both sides really don't want it resolved. The Republicans don't want it resolved so that the can point to Dems and claim they commit fraud. Democrats don't want it resolved so they can point to Republicans and claim they want to supress the vote of poor minorities.

I have a question though on your question. How do these people vote? If they can get out of their house once every 2-4 years to vote, then they can get out (with plenty of heads up) to get an ID. If they vote absentee, then I am fine with the government paying a certified person to go to their home and registering them. As long as they are a certified person and not some hack working actually for one side or the other.

The problem people have with the IDs is that the only place you get ID from is a drivers licence, or state ID card, which is pretty much the same thing, just without the vehicle operator endorsement. And that will cost a good $20 or more in most states. Requiring anyone to have to spend money to vote is a poll tax. $20 may not seem like a lot to many people, certainly not those who are in elected office, but to some others, that is the food budget for a week or more. Not everyone drives. If you do not own a car, many of those people will not have a drivers licence.

Do you actually think there is any chance in hell that you will get Republicans/Tea Partyers, to agree to the State picking up the tab for all IDs? I think there is a greater chance I walk on the moon than that happening.