Rollin' Deep at RB, WR, and TE

I can't remember when we were this deep at TE, WR, and RB. I mean our stable of running backs is unreal.. Rex Burkhead, who epitomizes

Nebraska Football. Ameer Abdullah and Braylon Heard, both sophmores who already look like veterans. Ameer is already a beast.... Imani Cross is going to

be a flat out freakshow...Does that kid not look like he should be playing in the NFL? Can't wait to see him rumble through B1G

defenses for years to come...

Kyler Reed and Ben Cotton are arguably the best TE duo we've had here at Nebraska for a long time... Sophmore Kenny Bell, Sophmore Jamal Turner,

Junior Quincy Enunwa (E-noon-wa), all at WR.... This offense has the potential to be scary.

We always seem to be pretty solid at running back.

This year's wide receiver group, however; best I've ever seen here.

I'm glad we've been trying to get our TEs involved a little more the last 3 weeks. We've actually been trying to get Reed the ball quite a bit since the bye week, but it usually ends up being an incompletion, not entirely his fault I guess, some of them have been pretty tough passes to catch. Hopefully he can make some more noise before he's done here.

We have good senior TE's but we have a gap in TE recruits there when it comes to Jr and So. I sure would like to move Max to TE. We have some good Lb's coming in and currently in the program and we don't need a whole bunch of SLB's as they get pulled on the passing downs. Our WR depth is very good and I would say is in the best shape out of the 3 skill positions mentioned in terms of numbers and class coverage. Don't forget King Frazier...

Nothing was more impressive than 1995. Phillips suspended. In comes Childs, runs for a buckfifty and td's. He gets hurts. Here comes Benning. Buckfifty, multiple scores. He goes down. Ahman Green's turn. We know what he did rest of the year. Not to mention Jay Sims couldve carried the load had we needed him to. He averaged 8 yards a carry in cleanup that year I think. Of course they had one of the best Olines in the history of college football to run behind.

Nothing was more impressive than 1995. Phillips suspended. In comes Childs, runs for a buckfifty and td's. He gets hurts. Here comes Benning. Buckfifty, multiple scores. He goes down. Ahman Green's turn. We know what he did rest of the year. Not to mention Jay Sims couldve carried the load had we needed him to. He averaged 8 yards a carry in cleanup that year I think. Of course they had one of the best Olines in the history of college football to run behind.

I was at that Pacific game when Benning started. We left at halftime and at the tender age of 15 I got completely plastered in Abel hall and in the next morning poored a trash can full of my vomit in the showers. You're welcome Abel 12. We had 4 guys that could have started anywhere that year. But Phillips was easily the best back in the country. Damn shame what happened that year... He would have won the Heisman for sure.

Lawrence Phillips may have very well became one of if not the best running back to ever play the game had he stayed out of trouble. Can you imagine his 95 numbers if he's not suspended? Sorry, but Tommie Frazier is probably no where near Heisman radar because Phillips wouldve probably been stealing all the thunder.

Lawrence Phillips may have very well became one of if not the best running back to ever play the game had he stayed out of trouble. Can you imagine his 95 numbers if he's not suspended? Sorry, but Tommie Frazier is probably no where near Heisman radar because Phillips wouldve probably been stealing all the thunder.

His off the field performances ruined what he did on the field. If someone were to watch his clips, not know his history, they would agree he was the best RB in the NCAA at the time, and all time best at NU.

His off the field performances ruined what he did on the field. If someone were to watch his clips, not know his history, they would agree he was the best RB in the NCAA at the time, and all time best at NU.

Also to extend, I was talking about what his future wouldve been in the NFL as well.

O should be killer next season. Already had to function without Rex much of this season, next Heard and Cross should be in there more. Pensick, Long, Sirles, A-Rod, and Qvale back up-front. The only real ? is TE, would really make a difference if we can score Sandland. Long should be fairly adequate but likely nothing special. The youngest Cotton is supposed to be looking good but he'll still be a frosh.

Looks like we have the running back, for next year in Ameer. He has been able to step in for Rex. Only problem I see for next year is, if he has to miss a game or two, we could be in trouble, till one of the others can get their feet wet. Heard misses his the running lanes, is why he hasn't played more, Cross has little experience, and runs to straight up, is what I read on here. Any freshman moving up next year will have no experience either. We do have a good F/B in Janovich, and it looks like he has the offense down. W/R's seem set to have a big 2013. T.M will only get better, with more time with his Q/B trainer. Now if the o-line steps up, could be a nice run to the B1G CG.

GBR!!!