*** Official Expert Predictions - Penn St. ***

QMany

PENN STATE at No. 18 NEBRASKA

Adam Rittenberg: This will be a good one, as a Penn State team that has been very good on the road faces its toughest test against a Nebraska squad eying Indianapolis (and maybe Pasadena). The Lions will jump ahead early, as they typically do, when Zach Zwinak completes a long scoring drive with a touchdown run. Nebraska will respond and the teams will trade leads during the second half, but the Huskers' spread will prove to be too much for Penn State. Kenny Bell will bounce back from last week with two scoring receptions, and Matthew McGloin will throw a costly interception in the fourth quarter. ... Nebraska 30, Penn State 28

Brian Bennett: It's a matchup of the top two passers in the Big Ten in Nebraska's Taylor Martinez and McGloin. I have to keep repeating that sentence to believe it. Nebraska is the smart pick here, especially at home, but I am down in the picks contest and need to come up with a Hail Mary. So I'll go with the Penn State upset, thinking the Cornhuskers could be due for a letdown after three straight emotional games. The Lions will get up early on a couple of McGloin touchdown passes, and Nebraska will be unable to complete one of its patented comebacks as Penn State grinds out the clock with the power running game and some safe throws to its tight ends. ... Penn State 27, Nebraska 24

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/70673/big-ten-predictions-week-11-2

Not buying this at all.

5. Why Vegas sends a limo for me

It's getting late in the season. I'm dying on the upset picks (took the Cuse over Cincinnati -- a lot of good that did me). Time to make miracles happen.

This week I thought hard about:

Indiana over Wisconsin (I actually can't believe I just typed those words); Penn State over Nebraska (and on the road, too); Oregon State over Stanford (my buddy and Tree alum Ivan Maisel isn't going to be happy with me).

Went with: What the heck, I'm taking all three.

(Last week's record: 0-1. Overall: 3-7.)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/BMOC-110612/bmoc-salutes-oregon-ducks-heisman-race-more

Adam Rittenberg: This will be a good one, as a Penn State team that has been very good on the road faces its toughest test against a Nebraska squad eying Indianapolis (and maybe Pasadena). The Lions will jump ahead early, as they typically do, when Zach Zwinak completes a long scoring drive with a touchdown run. Nebraska will respond and the teams will trade leads during the second half, but the Huskers' spread will prove to be too much for Penn State. Kenny Bell will bounce back from last week with two scoring receptions, and Matthew McGloin will throw a costly interception in the fourth quarter. ... Nebraska 30, Penn State 28

Brian Bennett: It's a matchup of the top two passers in the Big Ten in Nebraska's Taylor Martinez and McGloin. I have to keep repeating that sentence to believe it. Nebraska is the smart pick here, especially at home, but I am down in the picks contest and need to come up with a Hail Mary. So I'll go with the Penn State upset, thinking the Cornhuskers could be due for a letdown after three straight emotional games. The Lions will get up early on a couple of McGloin touchdown passes, and Nebraska will be unable to complete one of its patented comebacks as Penn State grinds out the clock with the power running game and some safe throws to its tight ends. ... Penn State 27, Nebraska 24

Not buying this at all.

You might want to link the article here.

Also, could you change the thread title to make it ***Official***? ;):thumbs

Not buying this at all.

You might want to link the article here.

Also, could you change the thread title to make it ***Official***? ;):thumbs

Forgot to paste the link. Thanks for the heads up!

Penn State (6-3, 4-1) at Nebraska (7-2, 4-1) – 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC/ESPN2

Tom’s pick: Nebraska, 30-24 – It doesn’t get much better than this, as the Nittany Lions and Cornhuskers are two of the top four teams in the Big Ten. In fact, the Huskers are the hottest squad in the Big Ten not named “Ohio State.” The Nebraska defense matches up perfectly with Penn State’s offense, and the Husker attack is rolling. This team is on a mission, America.

Brent’s pick: Penn State, 28-27 – No Big Ten team has more turnovers than Nebraska (23), and only Big Ten team has more takeaways than Penn State (17). Look for a late turnover to thwart Nebraska’s attempt at a fourth late comeback in Big Ten play.

http://btn.com/2012/...all-five-games/

Big Ten's Top Storylines to Watch in Week 11:

nebraska-cornhuskers.png1. Taylor Martinez mistakes vs. big plays

Martinez is the Big Ten’s leading active passer — the injured Joel Stave is No. 1 — and is No. 2 in total offense behind only Braxton Miller. He contributed a pair of long touchdown runs (71 and 35 yards) as well as the game-winning drive against Michigan State. He also threw three interceptions. The Huskers quarterback giveth (12 TD in last four games) and taketh away (7 INT in last four games), and as usual, Nebraska’s Rose Bowl hopes hinge on their quarterback’s ability to make big plays. T-Mart struggled last year against Penn State (13-of-26, 143 yards, 0 TD, 18 carries, 56 yards) but still managed to eke out a 17-14 emotion-laden victory the first time Penn State took the field following the Jerry Sandusky scandal.

penn-state-nittany-lions.png2. Penn State must run for 160 yards and at least one touchdown

One way to keep Taylor Martinez at bay will be for Penn State to run the ball. It seems simple, but when Penn State runs the ball effectively, it wins. In its three losses, PSU failed to score a rushing touchdown and averaged 81.7 yards on 30.7 attempts. Conversely, Penn State has rushed for at least 160 yards in all five Big Ten wins. Moreover, the Nits have scored 14 rushing touchdowns in wins and no touchdowns on the ground in their three losses. This offense goes as Matt McGloin goes, however, the ground game has been the difference between winning and losing for Bill O’Brien.

Braden Gall.....Nebraska, 27-24

Mitch Light....Nebraska, 31-21

Steven Lassan.......Nebraska, 27-24

David Fox.......Nebraska, 31-21

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-week-11-preview-and-predictions

I am glad Brent is going against us. The guy shows no love for the Huskers, and personally, lacks a lot of intelligence. PSU has yet to see an offense like NU's, and their defense is nowhere near Michigan's or Michigan States. They have no run game, and I would put my money on our secondary against their passing game. We have been a lot better at fumbles these last 3 games. I don't see a comeback being needed in this game. NU- 41, PSU-14

No one realizes, that PSU doesn't have a kicker. This is a HUGE advantage for NU.

I am glad Brent is going against us. The guy shows no love for the Huskers, and personally, lacks a lot of intelligence. PSU has yet to see an offense like NU's, and their defense is nowhere near Michigan's or Michigan States. They have no run game, and I would put my money on our secondary against their passing game. We have been a lot better at fumbles these last 3 games. I don't see a comeback being needed in this game. NU- 41, PSU-14

No one realizes, that PSU doesn't have a kicker. This is a HUGE advantage for NU.

I'm right there with you...I truly don't understand why people are thinking that Penn State will this game. I think we win big.

I think the close game predictions by the so-called experts are right on the money. This one is a toss-up in my mind, and I think the game will be very much last year's 17-14 triumph in State College. I think both teams score in the 20s, and I'll give Nebraska the edge.

What to watch in the Big Ten: Week 11

2. The M&M QBs matchup: Arguably no two Big Ten players have improved more from the 2011 season than Penn State quarterback Matt McGloin and Nebraska signal-caller Taylor Martinez. McGloin leads the Big Ten in passing (270.7 yards per game), while Martinez is second (215.7). They rank second (Martinez, 289.7) and fourth (McGloin, 271.2) in total offense, and they're tied for the Big Ten lead in touchdown passes with 18. The two men share the field Saturday at Nebraska's Memorial Stadium, where Martinez has been very good. Martinez needs just 190 passing yards to become Nebraska's all-time leader, and he just needs four more passing touchdowns to tie Zac Taylor's team mark. McGloin needs four touchdown strikes to pass Daryll Clark for Penn State's career record.

6. November reign: Every Big Ten team is hoping to make it a November to remember, and several Big Ten coaches have done their best work in the season's pivotal month. Wisconsin's Bielema is 17-3 in November games during his six previous seasons as Badgers boss, including a 9-3 mark in November road contests. Nebraska's Bo Pelini boasts a 13-4 mark in November games, although he went 2-2 in his first November in the Big Ten. Pelini has lost to only one unranked team in November at Nebraska (Northwestern last season). Speaking of the Wildcats, they are 10-5 in November in the past four seasons. Pat Fitzgerald is 13-8 overall in November games at Northwestern, which squares off against a Michigan team that went 3-1 in November in Brady Hoke's first season as coach. There's more of this coming next week, as Ohio State's Urban Meyer (33-7 in November) and Michigan State's Mark Dantonio (13-4 in November) return to the field.

7. Road warriors: Missed field goals cost Penn State in its first road game at Virginia, but since then, the Lions have been dominant away from Happy Valley, winning their three Big Ten road games by a combined score of 107-30. Penn State aims to sweep its Big Ten road schedule for just the third time (previously done in 2009, 1994) in its 20-year history as a member of the league. Bill O'Brien is one of only five first-year Big Ten coaches (Meyer being another) to win his first three league road games. Former Ohio State coach Earle Bruce is the only Big Ten coach since 1950 to win his first four conference games on the road, accomplishing the feat in 1979. Nebraska provides by far the toughest road test for Penn State, which makes its first trip to Lincoln since 2003.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/64527/what-to-watch-in-the-big-ten-week-11-5

Revsine: Our expert crunches Week 11 numbers

Both the Wildcats and the Wolverines will be pulling hard for Penn State, which faces Nebraska on Saturday, as both trail the Huskers in the Legends race.

The Nittany Lions and Huskers both bring impressive streaks into that game.

7: Penn State QB Matt McGloin has thrown for at least 200 yards in 7 straight games. That is a school record – one more than the previous mark, set by Kerry Collins in 1994.

8: As for the Huskers, they have had at least one player rush for 100 yards in 8 straight games. That’s the longest such streak for them since a 20-game run (no pun intended, I suppose) between 1999 and 2000.

Nebraska’s 313 rushing yards last week against Michigan State were the most the Spartans have allowed since 2005.

The Huskers’ four-point win over the Spartans marked the sixth straight MSU game decided by four or fewer points – the longest such streak in college football since at least 1996.

http://btn.com/2012/11/08/revsine-our-expert-crunches-week-11-numbers/

they saw osu's offense. i forget how it went.