*** Official Expert Predictions - Penn St. ***

QMany

Ohio State 35

Penn State 23

I think our offense is better than Ohio State's though. Taylor is a better passer than Braxton and can be just as dynamic a runner. You injure Braxton, you kill their offense. Taylor goes out, and sure we're hurting, but we have a solid RB corps and great WRs who can at least have a heartbeat on offense.

5. Why Vegas sends a limo for me

It's getting late in the season. I'm dying on the upset picks (took the Cuse over Cincinnati -- a lot of good that did me). Time to make miracles happen.

This week I thought hard about:

Indiana over Wisconsin (I actually can't believe I just typed those words); Penn State over Nebraska (and on the road, too); Oregon State over Stanford (my buddy and Tree alum Ivan Maisel isn't going to be happy with me).

Went with: What the heck, I'm taking all three.

(Last week's record: 0-1. Overall: 3-7.)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/BMOC-110612/bmoc-salutes-oregon-ducks-heisman-race-more

Read this on espn. In one paragraph he sz NU and t mart are trending up, very next paragraph picks us to lose vs Penn st. Litterlly there are no qualifications to get a job writing for espn.

5. Why Vegas sends a limo for me

It's getting late in the season. I'm dying on the upset picks (took the Cuse over Cincinnati -- a lot of good that did me). Time to make miracles happen.

This week I thought hard about:

Indiana over Wisconsin (I actually can't believe I just typed those words); Penn State over Nebraska (and on the road, too); Oregon State over Stanford (my buddy and Tree alum Ivan Maisel isn't going to be happy with me).

Went with: What the heck, I'm taking all three.

(Last week's record: 0-1. Overall: 3-7.)

http://espn.go.com/c...isman-race-more

Read this on espn. In one paragraph he sz NU and t mart are trending up, very next paragraph picks us to lose vs Penn st. Litterlly there are no qualifications to get a job writing for espn.

He picked Penn St because he is behind on the year and needs to close the gap.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1238020.html

What Will Happen: Nebraska will find a way to close. It’s still going to take a little work to get to the Big Ten championship, but the Huskers will take a huge step forward with a tough win over a Penn State team that’s not going to make any big mistakes. Martinez will have a few problems, but he’ll come through when need – again.

CFN Prediction: Nebraska 27 … Penn State 23

ATS Consultants Line (Click for more lines and picks) Nebraska -7.5 O/U: 53.5

Must Watch Rating (5 – Skyfall, 1 – Wreck It Ralph): 4

Brett's response to me about how he thinks PSU will win this game lol

Brent Yarina, BTN.com on 11/8/2012 @ 12:21pm EST Said:

Have you watched Penn State’s offense this year? The Nittany Lions score points. I don’t think 28 is a lot, especially considering Nebraska’s turnovers troubles. Nebraska fans said the same thing last week, when I said the Spartans would score 20 against Huskers. They scored 24. So, I don’t think 28 from Penn State is too much. I really like how McGloin and the offense are playing, that’s all.

Stewart Mandel picks Penn State over Nebraska. I'm not understanding the logic here...

Penn State - 34

Nebraska - 31

Penn State (6-3) at No. 18 Nebraska (7-2)

Both teams are 4-1 in the Big Ten with their sole losses coming to Ohio State. Nebraska's sloppy play (it ranks 106th nationally in turnover margin) has turned nearly every game into a nail-biter, whereas Penn State has only lost eight turnovers. That discrepancy, along with the Nittany Lions' strong rushing defense, could catch up to the Huskers this week.

LINK

Penn State has scored 30 or more points on the road one time this year - last week at Purdue. Purdue is 83rd in the country in points given up per game, at 30 per game. They are terrible on defense.

Against a comparable scoring defense to Nebraska's, Ohio State, Penn State scored 23 points - and they played that game at home. This is on the road, and if we win we basically wrap up our division and punch our ticket to the Big Ten Championship.

Penn State lost that game to Ohio State by two scores. I just don't understand where these "experts" are coming from.

for what its worth (my 2 cents)

This is Penn State's bowl game.

The nittany lion seniors will be jacked for this game.

The sker's have had 3 emotional games in a row.

and...

Even with it at memorial stadium I think this is a nail bitter.

The skers haven't lost the "one they shouldn't have" yet and that is what scares me about this game.

My prediction:

sker's 31, State 30

Stewart Mandel picks Penn State over Nebraska. I'm not understanding the logic here...

Penn State - 34

Nebraska - 31

Penn State (6-3) at No. 18 Nebraska (7-2)

Both teams are 4-1 in the Big Ten with their sole losses coming to Ohio State. Nebraska's sloppy play (it ranks 106th nationally in turnover margin) has turned nearly every game into a nail-biter, whereas Penn State has only lost eight turnovers. That discrepancy, along with the Nittany Lions' strong rushing defense, could catch up to the Huskers this week.

LINK

Penn State has scored 30 or more points on the road one time this year - last week at Purdue. Purdue is 83rd in the country in points given up per game, at 30 per game. They are terrible on defense.

Against a comparable scoring defense to Nebraska's, Ohio State, Penn State scored 23 points - and they played that game at home. This is on the road, and if we win we basically wrap up our division and punch our ticket to the Big Ten Championship.

Penn State lost that game to Ohio State by two scores. I just don't understand where these "experts" are coming from.

Your points about their offense and defense are valid as is Stewart's about the turnovers. Apparently he thinks that will be the difference in the game and PSU prevails. If we take care of the ball, we should win. The other experts seem to be taking our propensity for annual letdowns into account and that we are coming off some tough wins. It's important not to come out flat in this game and give PSU any hope. PSU seems to be the underdog story this year so the media is probably playing that angle too.

• Fire 1

Michigan State came into Lincoln last year having just run a gauntlet like we ran in the Big Ten, and they played flat and lost, and it wasn't close. If we're flat like they were, we could easily lose this game.

And I get the turnover thing - it's a concern. But the turnover margin is only a factor because of how often we fumble. It's not as if Penn State is going out there and forcing a lot of turnovers. They have three more turnovers gained than we do, and they've played a far easier schedule than we've played. Their SOS is #62; ours is #32. Yeah, we've turned the ball over more, but we've played much better competition.

And let's not forget that nine of our 23 turnovers were picks thrown by Taylor, seven of which were on the road. At home Taylor takes care of the ball FAR better. If he doesn't throw any picks in this game, we win.

for what its worth (my 2 cents)

This is Penn State's bowl game.

The nittany lion seniors will be jacked for this game.

The sker's have had 3 emotional games in a row.

and...

Even with it at memorial stadium I think this is a nail bitter.

The skers haven't lost the "one they shouldn't have" yet and that is what scares me about this game.

My prediction:

sker's 31, State 30

"one they shouldn't have" = UCLA

Did you know? Week 11 in the Big Ten

• Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez is completing 55.1 percent of his passes thrown 15 yards or longer this season. He completed less than 40 percent of such passes in his first two seasons as a starter. Martinez has a career-high eight touchdowns on such throws this season, including seven in five games in Lincoln.

• Penn State has targeted its tight ends on more than 25 percent of its passes, and its tight ends lead FBS with a combined 66 receptions. The Lions targeted their tight ends on just 7.2 percent of passes in 2011, and the tight ends combined for just 15 receptions, 122 yards and one touchdown. Penn State tight ends lead the FBS with eight combined touchdown catches this season, and they've also combined for 43 first-down receptions.

• Nebraska has the worst turnover differential (minus-9) of any FBS team with two or fewer losses this season. Nebraska has had three or more turnovers in five games. Only Hawaii has had more such games. In all five of those games, the Cornhuskers still scored at least four touchdowns. They are the only team this season with four games in which they had at least three turnovers and four touchdowns.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/64629/did-you-know-week-11-in-the-big-ten