Secondary Logos

Definitely tried to be to cute with it.

How so? It's incredibly simple.

untitled.png

I think he meant its not anywhere near our original. Sure the "N" is, but he font is hideous, and the lines above both on the banner is just as hideous.

The original? You mean the cursive script? Nothing original about it, it was a secondary logo just like this one. The font is hideous? It's the same font that the 'N' is derived from. The lines are hideous? They're lines. What do you want a line to look like?

Good grief people.

I'm not a big fan of Lil Red either, but Wired magazine had an article about those characters and how they help autistic kids. The guy who invented those inflatable costumes is actually from Omaha and Lil Red was his first Mascot. Now they are in both pro and college sports. The article even mentions how Lil Red was awkward just standing around during the game, but how they learned to do different things inside the costume. The article gave me a little bit of appreciation for Lil Red especially since it was written in a fairly popular magazine that had nothing to do with sports.

http://www.wired.com/playbook/2012/07/ff_mascots/2/

• Fire 2

I like the new and old logos. Don't see any problems with either one. I actually think the script is much cleaner than the cursive ever was.

And lay off Lil Red. Good grief. He's not, nor was he ever intended for grown adults. That much is pretty obvious. He's meant for the kids, and most of the kids I've seen love Lil Red. He and some of the cheerleaders came to my daughter's cheerleading clinic on their last week (it's through the YMCA, but they actually associate themselves with the Husker brand in the clinic), and the girls loved him. What people won't find to complain about. Seriously. :D

And just to brighten this thread up a bit:

post-9860-0-96719200-1352475422.jpg

The original? You mean the cursive script? Nothing original about it, it was a secondary logo just like this one. The font is hideous? It's the same font that the 'N' is derived from. The lines are hideous? They're lines. What do you want a line to look like?

Good grief people.

Its called an opinion, get over it. You asked a question, I gave you an opinion on what I thought was hideous about it. You tell an artist, lines are just lines. I said they were hideous, because they simply don't need to be there. It makes it all look ugly.

• Fire 2

Good grief people.

Its called an opinion, get over it. You asked a question, I gave you an opinion on what I thought was hideous about it. You tell an artist, lines are just lines. I said they were hideous, because they simply don't need to be there. It makes it all look ugly.

The only part of that that was actually opinion was the bit about the lines being hideous - the rest was demonstrably factually inaccurate.

untitled.png

I think he meant its not anywhere near our original. Sure the "N" is, but he font is hideous, and the lines above both on the banner is just as hideous.

Good grief people.

The font mainly. It's like they tried to make it be a playful image, it reminds me of lil' red. I think the font should be more crisp and have more of an edge to it, is all. I know you are big into graphic design and all, and I'm sure it is a fine piece of work in that dimension. But I don't like it, is that not okay?

• Fire 1

untitled.png

Good grief people.

The font mainly. It's like they tried to make it be a playful image, it reminds me of lil' red. I think the font should be more crisp and have more of an edge to it, is all. I know you are big into graphic design and all, and I'm sure it is a fine piece of work in that dimension. But I don't like it, is that not okay?

Lyons, no disrespect meant! I was honestly just curious how you thought of it/they as 'cute', since that wasn't where my mind went.

tumblr_md6onhiMmv1qm0tji.jpg

The "N" is too wide. Narrow it up a little. Other than that, I can live with it. Not sure what is up with the helmet though.

The "N" on the helmet also needs to be about 8% bigger.

For some reason the image on the left reminds me of the hideous horizontal stripes on Northwestern's new unis. Either that, or we're trying to make the "N" look more like a "K" to prove we know how to spell "Knowledge".

And why would our secondary need their own logo?

:sarcasm