November 7 Daily Show

I have to admit, as also a daily watcher of both those shows, they are unabashedly agenda-ed. Smart fellow like Jon Stewart is in position to do so much good for the country, but his agenda often gets in the way. The way he frames certain commentaries is annoyingly superficial.

Their agenda is to expose the derp from Fox News and the other conservative mouthpieces. Since Fox is such a huge player in today's media, and since so many people only get their news from Fox, The Daily Show and Colbert are doing a tremendous service to America.

What more should they be doing? Should nobody watchdog Fox News?

I have to admit, as also a daily watcher of both those shows, they are unabashedly agenda-ed. Smart fellow like Jon Stewart is in position to do so much good for the country, but his agenda often gets in the way. The way he frames certain commentaries is annoyingly superficial.

Their agenda is to expose the derp from Fox News and the other conservative mouthpieces. Since Fox is such a huge player in today's media, and since so many people only get their news from Fox, The Daily Show and Colbert are doing a tremendous service to America.

What more should they be doing? Should nobody watchdog Fox News?

I think maybe they are saying that he should spend a bit more time exposing the derp from other media sources . . . like Al Sharpton.

But as you pointed out those shows don't have nearly as large and influential platform as the Fox News derpbags.

There's no question that The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are left leaning. But it is true they spend some time ragging on MSNB, CNN, etc. The thing is, the ridiculousness that is Fox News is so massive that it has to be too good to pass up most of the time. Fox News just takes the idiocy you find in all news reporting to a whole new level.

• Fire 2

I'm a daily watcher of The Daily Show and Colbert

Fixed it for ya. :thumbs

Fixed it for you. :thumbs

knapplc

@knapplc - Don't edit my posts please unless I've broken some sort of forum rules. I'm sure you're clever enough to reply to my post without deleting it and flexing your mod muscles.

I'm sure you got the point of my post - as much as you refer to Fox News as the nexus of right-wing theology, I'm sure you must watch it on a regular basis. I couldn't believe you'd take such a position on hearsay alone ...especially when you're usually espousing those who repeat things on here you've heard mentioned on Fox News.

• Fire 1

let us maintain some perspective. the daily show is respected as a news show, but it is not. it is a comedy show. yes, people take it seriously as a new show and i do believe that they do maintain a self-imposed level of integrity, but nonetheless it is a comedy show. whether they have an agenda or not does not matter. it is odd to hold them to the same standards as actual news shows (few of which actually exist. that is the problem, pundits mistaken for journalists).

Television, the idiot tube, helps to raise our children as fools

Watch the news see what they want you to see, our awareness is limited by network tv

Moronic sit-coms and one-sided news alter your feeling give you conformist views

Why can't you get that garbage out of your head, you'd better off to read a good book instead

Why don't you think for yourself

This was penned almost 25 years ago, and it couldn't be more true now. If you need some douchebag on "comedy central", who couldn't be more out of touch with the common man, saving me from "fox news", then there are greater problems to be solved....

There's a sucker born every minute.

That phrase was coined over 140 years ago. Is longevity a winner here? How far back should I go?

If you believe the derp on Fox News, you really do need saving. It's as simple as that.

How much do you need to be shown that Fox is wrong? Isn't the recent election a mandate by the American people showing that Fox is full of it? With their "skewed polls" that were never skewed in the first place, their rumors that are all bunk, their irresponsible or inaccurate reporting, their mountains of derp that has been shown to be not only wrong, but laughably wrong.... Fox failed you. Fox told you things, made you believe things, that weren't even remotely true.

And if there's a source, whether that be ABC, CBS, NBC or Comedy Central, that shows the wrongness of Fox News, that points out in no uncertain terms that the crap Fox says is stupidly biased and wrong, isn't that source inherently valid?

This is the genius of Fox News. They put pretty people on TV and fool the American public with their looks and lies. And when challenged, those who succumb to Fox's derp simply hide back under the cloak of Fox's insipidness.

For God's sake - be better than that. Stop believing their crap. Turn the freaking channel, for God's sake.

There's a sucker born every minute.

That phrase was coined over 140 years ago. Is longevity a winner here? How far back should I go?

If you believe the derp on Fox News, you really do need saving. It's as simple as that.

How much do you need to be shown that Fox is wrong? Isn't the recent election a mandate by the American people showing that Fox is full of it? With their "skewed polls" that were never skewed in the first place, their rumors that are all bunk, their irresponsible or inaccurate reporting, their mountains of derp that has been shown to be not only wrong, but laughably wrong.... Fox failed you. Fox told you things, made you believe things, that weren't even remotely true.

And if there's a source, whether that be ABC, CBS, NBC or Comedy Central, that shows the wrongness of Fox News, that points out in no uncertain terms that the crap Fox says is stupidly biased and wrong, isn't that source inherently valid?

This is the genius of Fox News. They put pretty people on TV and fool the American public with their looks and lies. And when challenged, those who succumb to Fox's derp simply hide back under the cloak of Fox's insipidness.

For God's sake - be better than that. Stop believing their crap. Turn the freaking channel, for God's sake.

I trust Fox about as much as I trust Colbert and Stewart, about as much as I do Bill Callahan...

You edit my post in the quote, then complain that I edited yours back?

loss_for_words.gif

Wow. Just wow.

I've lost a lot of respect for you as a HB mod.

[gif here that displays incredible disappointment]

as dumb as this is going to sound, if Knapp has posted the fify in another post, the butthurt would have been lessened...

it's funny how when politics and religion get brought into a conversation, peoples brains fall out of their ass...

as dumb as this is going to sound, if Knapp has posted the fify in another post, the butthurt would have been lessened...

it's funny how when politics and religion get brought into a conversation, peoples brains fall out of their ass...

This is knapplc's playground, and we're all just here to humor him.

This was penned almost 25 years ago, and it couldn't be more true now. If you need some douchebag on "comedy central", who couldn't be more out of touch with the common man, saving me from "fox news", then there are greater problems to be solved....

You probably don't watch a lot of the Daily Show, but Stewart never claims to be in touch with the common man. He routinely comments that he's in the "1%" and only represents himself as a guy from Jersey and a New Yorker. Really the only people he claims to be in touch with are pot heads. He knows who he is more than O'Reilly, Hannity, BIitzer, or any other major cable news personality.