November 7 Daily Show

Lol...your orgasm over the election is very apparent today.

What?

I guess you thread you started before the election doesn't mean much.

This thread?

I can already see the spin machine winding up for the post-election storm . . . so can we at least reach a truce on Husker Board?

Here's what I propose: Whoever wins on Tuesday, Romney or Obama, we agree that he was the choice of the American people and is the legitimate president of the United States of America.

Which part of that post do you see conflicting with this post . . . or any of my other posts since the election?

But,i took you post as meaning who ever wins shouldn't gloat and the loser shouldn't be bitter.

Oh. Well that's not what I said. I fully expect that losing will result in bitterness and I don't think that I've been gloating excessively. As I've said before, this outcome was expected.

I will say that I'm happy that I haven't seen too many "Obama stole the election!" conspiracy theories either here or elsewhere on the internet.

What worries me, is that the majority of Americans are small minded and easily led. They'll take what ever Stewart, Colbert, Maher, Lindbaugh, Hannity, Coulter, or any other swingin' dick with a tv camera, radio show, or interweb streams opinion as some sort of gospel. To be quick witted in front of a tv camera, or insightful on some radio program doesn't necessarily make you fit to comment on the state of the country, especially because the amount of money their making puts them so out of touch with joe and jill six pack.

• Fire 1

What worries me, is that the majority of Americans are small minded and easily led. They'll take what ever Stewart, Colbert, Maher, Lindbaugh, Hannity, Coulter, or any other swingin' dick with a tv camera, radio show, or interweb streams opinion as some sort of gospel. To be quick witted in front of a tv camera, or insightful on some radio program doesn't necessarily make you fit to comment on the state of the country, especially because the amount of money their making puts them so out of touch with joe and jill six pack.

Most Americans are small minded and easily led. That's why, with the largest viewer base in TV news, Fox is so dangerous. But it's not difficult to educate yourself on the reality of the situation around you. And, according to an AMA on Reddit yesterday, The Daily Show is a huge hit in the Fox news room - they love it, and it's widely considered there to be quite accurate.

I'm a daily watcher of The Daily Show and Colbert. I have yet to see an egregious wrong in their coverage. There was an issue in something Stewart brought up a while back, but he owned up to it within the week. As "news" goes, they're one of the more accurate sources.

I can't argue with you on The Daily Show and Colbert. I honestly haven't watched them much. I have tried watching them but, I find myself feeling the same about them that I did about Letterman and Leno during the Clinton administration.

Now, I was absolutely no fan of the Clintons but, I also didn't find the subjects something I wanted to joke about. I have a hard time listening to someone who constantly makes every issue a joke and tries to be funny with it.

That's just me though. I have seen some clips of The Daily Show that were just dang funny. I just don't want a steady dose of it every day.

Most Americans are small minded and easily led. That's why, with the largest viewer base in TV news, Fox is so dangerous. But it's not difficult to educate yourself on the reality of the situation around you. And, according to an AMA on Reddit yesterday, The Daily Show is a huge hit in the Fox news room - they love it, and it's widely considered there to be quite accurate.

I'm a daily watcher of The Daily Show and Colbert. I have yet to see an egregious wrong in their coverage. There was an issue in something Stewart brought up a while back, but he owned up to it within the week. As "news" goes, they're one of the more accurate sources.

I'm not so much arguing the accuracy, but taking easily led automatons, aka, most Americans, and getting them to believe what they want them to...

I have to admit, as also a daily watcher of both those shows, they are unabashedly agenda-ed. Smart fellow like Jon Stewart is in position to do so much good for the country, but his agenda often gets in the way. The way he frames certain commentaries is annoyingly superficial.

I have to admit, as also a daily watcher of both those shows, they are unabashedly agenda-ed. Smart fellow like Jon Stewart is in position to do so much good for the country, but his agenda often gets in the way. The way he frames certain commentaries is annoyingly superficial.

Money