Nebraska fans: Thoughts on year 2 in the B1G

Don't like the B1G.

It's nice to be away from the stench and corruption of texa$$, but the football is terrible, the baseball is worse, we have to play away games much farther away, and many of the fan bases (PSU, Iowa, Wisconsin) are horrible to deal with. The new rivals are fun, at least for a couple of years, but if we stay in this conference, we will likely never win another MNC.

In retrospect, I would have rather went to the Pac-12, even if we would have gotten smashed this year. Better football, better baseball, not quite as good in basketball, and we get to play in Cali, which is better recruiting grounds.

Don't like the B1G.

It's nice to be away from the stench and corruption of texa$$, but the football is terrible, the baseball is worse, we have to play away games much farther away, and many of the fan bases (PSU, Iowa, Wisconsin) are horrible to deal with. The new rivals are fun, at least for a couple of years, but if we stay in this conference, we will likely never win another MNC.

In retrospect, I would have rather went to the Pac-12, even if we would have gotten smashed this year. Better football, better baseball, not quite as good in basketball, and we get to play in Cali, which is better recruiting grounds.

? if you want to win a MNC, then go undefeated. If OSU weren't ineligible they'd be two games away from the MNC game. Win all your games. You're Nebraska. If you go undefeated, you go to the title game.

The relative weakness of the B1G this year will not prevent that.

• Fire 1

Don't like the B1G.

? if you want to win a MNC, then go undefeated. If OSU weren't ineligible they'd be two games away from the MNC game. Win all your games. You're Nebraska. If you go undefeated, you go to the title game.

The relative weakness of the B1G this year will not prevent that.

Disagree. The perception of the B1G is that it is slow, un-athletic, and it is behind those that are playing big boy football. And for good reason, it has normally been weak in my lifetime, which is shown when they get embarrassed by elite teams. The top recruits (by and large) are staying in the South and on the West Coast. This conference has won 1 "legit" MNC since the 60's (2002), and it took a questionable call to allow it to happen.That is the same as the WAC in the same time frame. Think about that.

(No, I don't consider the bogus MNCs claimed by OSU or Michigan in the 70's to be legit, nor is Michigan's claim to the 97 MNC legit since they didn't have to play the next best team in the nation, and won on a questionable call at the end of the game. We will disagree on that all day, every day, so it would be best not to argue it.)

I created an account just to pose the same question Blue already did!

This is a great board, Husker Nation has great fans, and I appreciate the "interlopers" (such as myself) are respectful as well.

So, when you heard about Maryland, was your reaction, "It doesn't make sense to have them join OUR conference;" or was it, "Why would the B1G add Maryland." (A more personal "our" conference, v. an impersonal "the" conference.)

(For the record, not only did/do I love Nebraska's teams joining, but you as fans have elevated the B1G as well. Some of our schools' fans could learn from you!)

Love the B1G. Enjoy the culture, football, (some) other fans, and traditions. I hate the November night game rule.

As far as expansion, I actually took it the personal route, "It doesn't make sense to have them join OUR conference." I guess I already feel that allegiance to the Conference.

I don't think it is a good fit. I don't think they add any value (other than revenue).

Love the B1G. Enjoy the culture, football, (some) other fans, and traditions. I hate the November night game rule.

As far as expansion, I actually took it the personal route, "It doesn't make sense to have them join OUR conference." I guess I already feel that allegiance to the Conference.

I don't think it is a good fit. I don't think they add any value (other than revenue).

I thought Delaney had said they were going to visit that rule during the off-season?...which I would take as the B1G is going to amend or junk the rule completely.

As for our recent addition(s), if he stops at 14, then you're right--this makes no sense other than demographics/television and recruiting.

I don't think they're stopping with 14 though.

I thought Delaney had said they were going to visit that rule during the off-season?...which I would take as the B1G is going to amend or junk the rule completely.

As for our recent addition(s), if he stops at 14, then you're right--this makes no sense other than demographics/television and recruiting.

I don't think they're stopping with 14 though.

I hadn't heard that, good news!

Is the end-game ND? I don't see how they get there.