Nebraska fans: Thoughts on year 2 in the B1G

The OFFICIATING??? Seriously???

How soon ya'll forget -- The Big XII officiating was TERRIBLE. And the last go round was atrocious if not corrupt.

B1G officiating has been at least consistent, if a bit nit-picky.

And yes I used "ya'll". It's a useful term when used judiciously.

I dont remember the Big 12 having this many game-changing bad calls. That's the thing this year. These arent just a missed holding call with 6 minutes left in the 2nd qtr. What we're seeing are bad calls that are changing momentum and the entire course and strategy of game, at any time during the game. How many times did momentum swing, resulting in a change in strategy and approach during the Michigan St game becuase of a questionable call? And it was against both sides too.

Our experience in 2010 when there was an obvious agenda (I know, I'm a nutcase, but the writing was on the wall) overshadows the fact that Big 12 officiating, to me anyway, wasnt nearly as determining as it is in this Big 10.

The only reasons I sometimes wish were were in the little 12 is because we would have had a more than favorable chance of running the table in the conference this year. We've done alright with murder's row this year, but with this offense we could hang with or blow out any team in the BigIIX.

But the biggest reason I love the B1G is BTN, that alone has been worth the move.

Sarcasm, trolling, or delusional. We would get stomped in the Big XII this year. It's obvious that this is a weak year for the B1G conference. It will be good for our team, however...

This BS about the BIG officials is nothing more then over zealous fans' frustration showing. If anyone watched the Bama vs aTm game last saturday they flagged a Bama player for a shot to the head giving aTm a first and goal and the announcers questioned the call. Also, in the Oregon game vs USC, they were calling pass interference both ways for hand slapping. Then if anyone watched the KSU vs TCU game, the announcers were discussing the rules changes this year regarding defenseless hits and high hits. So... truth is, these calls are happening in all the leagues and being enforced as a result of the concussion studies. How many color commentators (mostly former players) have complained this year saying "the officials aren't letting the players play"?

As someone above mentioned, we (the Husker program) are "much" better off in the BIG and the Big 12 can continue falling apart as they continue paying per multiple levels. UT and OU getting the pot while the others are pimped. I'm proud to be a BIG member. Now and in the future. :)

I dont remember the Big 12 having this many game-changing bad calls. That's the thing this year. These arent just a missed holding call with 6 minutes left in the 2nd qtr. What we're seeing are bad calls that are changing momentum and the entire course and strategy of game, at any time during the game. How many times did momentum swing, resulting in a change in strategy and approach during the Michigan St game becuase of a questionable call? And it was against both sides too.

Our experience in 2010 when there was an obvious agenda (I know, I'm a nutcase, but the writing was on the wall) overshadows the fact that Big 12 officiating, to me anyway, wasnt nearly as determining as it is in this Big 10.

First, the MSU call and the PSU call could easily have gone the other way.

However, the MSU call was as much to do with a very chippy game and what looked during the action like a purposeful PI. As far as the penalty on the Int return -- go watch some NU games in the Big 12 again and I think you will see lots of jobbed calls like that (Eric Martin stepped on the field and a flag was thrown. Suh could have been lassoed and tied to Ralphy and no holding call would have been called).

As far as PSU -- look, the replay official has to see incontrovertible video evidence. That grainy video they replayed was inconclusive. I think it looks like the PSU TE is juggling the ball earlier and that it is impossible to determine when the ball is loose. At any rate, I think the on-field call of fumble was confirmed, just had an on-field call of TD been confirmed. That is how the game should be played.

And as far as game changing -- 0:01.

I'm finally enjoying the move. I missed playing the remnant Big 8 teams last year (even though the series was technically over a long time with Oklahoma, etc., etc.).

But this year, I'm enjoying it. I believe we've already made a mark on the conference, and are in a position to take the title in year two. As impressive as winning it last year would have been, winning it by year two would just be so great.

I enjoyed watching us play at the Big House last year (albeit a terrible outcome), and enjoyed it at the Horse Shoe as well (although I watched both on TV).

The biggest thing that's interesting to me is that it seems like we're entering into the B1G during a transition phase for the conference. The usual suspects are playing well right now, but they seem to be doing different things on offense (specifically, zone read with mobile quarterbacks being the most notable). It's cool to be a part of that transition.

Love it! And I think it a good fit for Nebraska with all the storied, old-school football programs. I do miss playing Oklahoma a bit. But not having to deal with the Whorns and their asshat fans makes up for it. Plus we don't have Colorado on our schedule. Oh wait, there's Iowa. Doooh!

The only reasons I sometimes wish were were in the little 12 is because we would have had a more than favorable chance of running the table in the conference this year. We've done alright with murder's row this year, but with this offense we could hang with or blow out any team in the BigIIX.

But the biggest reason I love the B1G is BTN, that alone has been worth the move.

Sarcasm, trolling, or delusional. We would get stomped in the Big XII this year. It's obvious that this is a weak year for the B1G conference. It will be good for our team, however...

Yup I'm delusional, because Pelini had a defense built to stop the majority of teams in the Big XII and we now have a legit offense capable of putting up 20+ points on any opponent. No one plays defense in the Big XII. We would have more than a punchers chance against any team including Oklahoma and K State.

• Fire 1

The B1G is not to fun to watch outside of Nebraska games. If I had the option I would place us back into the Big 12 in a second.

I think I lean more towards wanting to be back in the Big12 than I want to stay in the B1G. Outside of Nebraska, OSU, and Michigan I generally think the games are pretty boring and haven't been able to force myself to sit through an entire game on TV. The Big12 and the SEC have a new bowl championship thing which is pretty exciting for them. The B1G is much more spread out; I used to be able to go to Lawrence on Manhattan or Columbia and see an away game but any more because Lincoln is the closest venue.

I was really excited for the move to the B1G but it really seems like the competition just isn't that great and I realize what that says about DONU. Getting the chance to play in the Rose Bowl is pretty exciting though.

I'm torn. I think in a few years I'll learn to love the B1G like I did the the Big12 but for now, it doesn't seem all that great.

Even as a husker fan, it is clear that there was still time on the clock when the ball landed out of bounds.

Yup I'm delusional, because Pelini had a defense built to stop the majority of teams in the Big XII and we now have a legit offense capable of putting up 20+ points on any opponent. No one plays defense in the Big XII. We would have more than a punchers chance against any team including Oklahoma and K State.

Give me some of those drugs friend and let us continue to talk about how awesome our defense is this year.

Give me some of those drugs friend and let us continue to talk about how awesome our defense is this year.

I cant disagree with his assessment. Bo had obviously developed a defense that was dominant in the Big 12. He had developed certain niches in recruiting certain guys to fit his scheme. Without having to go through the adjustment period that we've gone through the last couple years-not necassarily new offesnses, but new teams-as opposed to continuing on the path we were, combined with the offense we have now built to go against a defenseless conference in the Big 12, it is not much of a stretch to say we could be a legitimate contender over there.

I'm finally enjoying the move. I missed playing the remnant Big 8 teams last year (even though the series was technically over a long time with Oklahoma, etc., etc.).

But this year, I'm enjoying it. I believe we've already made a mark on the conference, and are in a position to take the title in year two. As impressive as winning it last year would have been, winning it by year two would just be so great.

I enjoyed watching us play at the Big House last year (albeit a terrible outcome), and enjoyed it at the Horse Shoe as well (although I watched both on TV).

The biggest thing that's interesting to me is that it seems like we're entering into the B1G during a transition phase for the conference. The usual suspects are playing well right now, but they seem to be doing different things on offense (specifically, zone read with mobile quarterbacks being the most notable). It's cool to be a part of that transition.

Don't get too used to it.

ann arbor will be back to their Pro Style Set by 2014.

the only reason why they run that stuff now is that dick rod ruined their recruiting for a few years.

You mean the number 2 passing defense that only allows a 46% completion rating? Or the defense that is tied with KSU for 27 sacks on the year, more than any other Big XII team past or present except aTm, who only has 3 more? I'm sorry I guess I wasn't aware the Big XII became the B1G, 3 yards and cloud of dust. And I guess an offense that has kept us in every game but one (scoring 38 points in the lose) doesn't count for much.

Like accountability said, we are going through 2 years of adjustment. Had we stayed put we would have had game plans for every team, but West Va and TCU. Don't forget the two teams we lost to this year were essentially new opponents. That's the biggest knock on the squad is that they struggle when they face new opponents.

Even as a husker fan, it is clear that there was still time on the clock when the ball landed out of bounds.

If we can trust that the video is perfectly in sync. And if Beebe was in control . . . .