Bo and Team are on SAME page!

HuskerThor

I have read on a couple of occasions that the teams we play come out in some crazy ass defensive sets. New ones that have never been on tape to try and stop our offense. We try to make subtle changes throughout the first half. At half time the changes can be made after watching a bit film. Then we proceed to kick their ass.

Teams coming on with some crazy NEW defensive schemes because our offense is that potent, says a lot about our offense.

I guess I'm still waiting for the day when we force other teams to adjust to what we do, rather than vice versa. That's what truly good teams do.

I have read on a couple of occasions that the teams we play come out in some crazy ass defensive sets. New ones that have never been on tape to try and stop our offense. We try to make subtle changes throughout the first half. At half time the changes can be made after watching a bit film. Then we proceed to kick their ass.

Teams coming on with some crazy NEW defensive schemes because our offense is that potent, says a lot about our offense.

I guess I'm still waiting for the day when we force other teams to adjust to what we do, rather than vice versa. That's what truly good teams do.

That's what I was commenting on. Read it again.

We do force the other teams to change their defense to try and handle our offense. In doing so, and after schemming their defense that has been on tape, we struggle at first. We adapt then win.

To disagree with you for a moment.

How do you know that other teams are'nt adjusting at half time against us? Maybe they are, and still can't stop us. That's what a truly good team does.

That's what I was commenting on. Read it again.

We do force the other teams to change their defense to try and handle our offense. In doing so, and after schemming their defense that has been on tape, we struggle at first. We adapt then win.

To disagree with you for a moment.

How do you know that other teams are'nt adjusting at half time against us? Maybe they are, and still can't stop us. That's what a truly good team does.

Ahhh yes. That adjustment discussion. Here we go again. Let's be frank. None of us even know if adjustments are being made 99% of the time. It's a term that is thrown around as an aspect to place blame or credit for a loss/win. Example: in one game in high school I was playing, we were getting absolutely stimied on a play that was our bread and butter. I was an offesive tackle. The adjustment we made was simply widening my splits from 12" to 18". This allowed me to get back down to the backer like was supposed to, and if the DT would start to widen out with me, we would trap him to death on audibles. But it was an adjustment that I a guarantee you every single person in the stands did NOT notice. We ended up rushing for over 200 yards in the second half and scoring almost 30 points.

Can't quite agree with either statement. Clearly we force other teams to adjust to what we do. We're one of the top rushing teams in the nation. They have to prepare for that. If they key on Martinez, we still have other rushing weapons and sets. If they stack the box and dare us to pass, we're pretty good in that department, too. That we aren't one dimensional - or predictible - is why we're giving other DCs fits.

Truly good teams will look at what the defense is willing to give them, and then exploit it. I know some fans think the only real show of strength is to announce your intention to pound it up the middle and there's nothing the opposing defense can do about it. But even the best Tom Osborne teams had to make adjustments when facing teams that could match them with strength and speed, or daring coaching gambits.

where is all those "bo losing the team" people now? lol

They're here after every win, warning us that another Ohio State game is just around the corner. If that happens, they'll be here telling us how miserably inadequate the Huskers are and how awful it's been to know this all season and not be appreciated.

Obviously, it's best to just ignore them.

where is all those "bo losing the team" people now? lol

They're here after every win, warning us that another Ohio State game is just around the corner. If that happens, they'll be here telling us how miserably inadequate the Huskers are and how awful it's been to know this all season and not be appreciated.

Obviously, it's best to just ignore them.

when bo lost to ucla, he lost his job here at nu. end of story.

Can't quite agree with either statement. Clearly we force other teams to adjust to what we do. We're one of the top rushing teams in the nation. They have to prepare for that. If they key on Martinez, we still have other rushing weapons and sets. If they stack the box and dare us to pass, we're pretty good in that department, too. That we aren't one dimensional - or predictible - is why we're giving other DCs fits.

Truly good teams will look at what the defense is willing to give them, and then exploit it. I know some fans think the only real show of strength is to announce your intention to pound it up the middle and there's nothing the opposing defense can do about it. But even the best Tom Osborne teams had to make adjustments when facing teams that could match them with strength and speed, or daring coaching gambits.

It's just as I said it was. It is not a statement. It is a fact.

Beck’s explanation for why this offense sometimes doesn’t find its rhythm until later in the game?

One big reason, Beck says, is that defenses begin games showing Nebraska things that weren't on film.

Link:

http://journalstar.c...d30da1cc57.html

If I may be so bold, I don't really buy Beck's explanation, other than its use as an excuse.

The Husker offense has actually looked great in several first halves this season, only to shoot themselves in the foot with self-inflicted turnovers, avoidable penalties and sudden stalling in the Red Zone.

So yeah, they're out of rhythm. But so is the Husker defense. And our special teams. So it isn't really a matter of an opposing defense showing an unexpected set, it's a team that still has trouble focusing and executing.

Getting down by 14 points in the second half has a way of bringing things into focus.

If I may be so bold, I don't really buy Beck's explanation, other than its use as an excuse.

The Husker offense has actually looked great in several first halves this season, only to shoot themselves in the foot with self-inflicted turnovers, avoidable penalties and sudden stalling in the Red Zone.

So yeah, they're out of rhythm. But so is the Husker defense. And our special teams. So it isn't really a matter of an opposing defense showing an unexpected set, it's a team that still has trouble focusing and executing.

Getting down by 14 points in the second half has a way of bringing things into focus.

i think we do play better in the second half because we can adjust and wear them down, but i also think that you are right. that does not mean we have to play like garbage the first half because of penalties, fumbles, and failures to execute.