Bo and Team are on SAME page!

HuskerThor

The issue is that eventually, whether it be CCG, Rose, or games down the road as the B1G reloads that teams will be good enough that a halftime adjustment isn't enough.

Sorry...but this is unintelligent.

A&M scored a total of zero points in quarters 2 & 3 against Alabama. So should we make the same argument that A&M won't be able to win future games if they score zero in the 2nd & 3rd? What if they score 42 points in the 1st? Or 42 in the 4th?

The issue is that eventually, whether it be CCG, Rose, or games down the road as the B1G reloads that teams will be good enough that a halftime adjustment isn't enough.

A&M scored a total of zero points in quarters 2 & 3 against Alabama. So should we make the same argument that A&M won't be able to win future games if they score zero in the 2nd & 3rd? What if they score 42 points in the 1st? Or 42 in the 4th?

I'm thinking he means we shouldn't always try to dig ourselves into a hole in the first half just to see if we can climb our way out.

I'm thinking he means we shouldn't always try to dig ourselves into a hole in the first half just to see if we can climb our way out.

That is what I got out of what AgM was saying. It's true though, and even Pelini said it. We can't keep playing like this, but we will take the win.

Oh, no need to apologize.

My point though is that if our defense holds, 25-30ish points will get our team a win. Doesn't matter when we pick up the bulk of those points.

Or the offense can get to the endzone a FEW times in the first half, we shouldn't be in the deficit that we are normally in. Its not just the defense, but its the offense as well.

Oh, no need to apologize.

My point though is that if our defense holds, 25-30ish points will get our team a win. Doesn't matter when we pick up the bulk of those points.

Typically I'd agree w/ you on this one. But Beck/TM have had tendencies in the past to go air-raid when we get down (save our few recent comeback wins - maybe they learned). The game we play when we're up 14 versus when we are down 14 is entirely different. This team has certainly shown in the past they struggle to hold a lead as well - so that argument can go both ways.

But being down 14 going into the 4th quarter can quickly lead to 3 and outs putting a TON of pressure on the defense. Versus being up by 3 going into the 4th quarter takes a TON of pressure off the defense. At the end of the day we still might end up with the same points...but situationaly the game changes.

This is like Taylor saying 38 was enough against Ohio State, completely disregarding the positions that offense put our defense in throughout the game.

I'd agree that he played a factor (with his pick 6 being a prime example), but our defense's complete inability to corral Miller was the biggest factor.

My point there is not to "hate on" our defense. We made some huge corrections for the mobile QB issue down the stretch. My point is to say that our defense stepped up in great ways in our tough stretch following Ohio State. Offense did its job. We won those games. That's all that matters.

I don't think any of us really knows what goes on in the Husker locker room, practice field or sideline, good or bad.

The angry sideline dustups don't really bother me. That's football. There are plenty of good reasons to be pissed and all is forgiven if you turn it into something on the field.

I'm just not convinced Bo and Team are on the same page until they string together four quarters of focused, aggressive football.

Hopefully in the same game.

I have read on a couple of occasions that the teams we play come out in some crazy ass defensive sets. New ones that have never been on tape to try and stop our offense. We try to make subtle changes throughout the first half. At half time the changes can be made after watching a bit film. Then we proceed to kick their ass.

Teams coming on with some crazy NEW defensive schemes because our offense is that potent, says a lot about our offense.

• Fire 1

I've got to say that I think Nebraska has quietly put together a pretty incredible season. 4 weeks ago, there was no way I was seeing NU headed for the Rose Bowl and a 10 or 11 win season. PRetty impressive for Bo and the Huskers in general.

I love it that you said 'quietly put together a pretty incredible season' I remember sharing at the beginning of the year that I hoped we would just quietly win each game-concentrate on the game at hand, win it, then concentrate on the next one. No hype-just win. Fun to see that happening week after week after week :)