TM to NY Ceremony: My bet with my pops

We have Bell, Turner, Enunwa, Allen back from injury, and Westerkamp off of RS all coming back next year. With the rushing attack of Taylor and Ameer, he will get plenty of opportunities to rack up yards upon yards.

We will also have Wullenwaber, who I think will explode onto the scene, if his injury doesn't effect him after healing. They say he is the fastest kid on the team, and can catch. Should cause fits with the opponents defense, and could help with having more people open.

People keep focusing on whether Crouch or Taylor is superior...don't forget that Crouch was like the weakest Heisman trophy winner of the last 20 years. They had to give it to somebody.

I guess that depends on your definition of who should be worthy of the Heisman. Stats don't matter all that much to me. Do you think Jason White was a great Heisman choice? He was a product of the system he ran, much like the QBs of Texas Tech over the past decade. Crouch meant more to his team than anyone else in the country. Mark Ingram had some of the worst stats of a winning RB in the past 30 years. I don't hear anyone bitching about him.

People keep focusing on whether Crouch or Taylor is superior...don't forget that Crouch was like the weakest Heisman trophy winner of the last 20 years. They had to give it to somebody.

Very true. In '01, there wasn't really anyone Heisman worthy, besides maybe Dantzler or Simms IMO. Crouch deserved it by far, even in todays society, if he performed that way, rushing 1115 yards for 18 TDs, and throwing for 1510 and 7 TD's, he would be in for the talk and a finalist. I don't think he would have won with throwing 10 INT's.

I don't agree with this at all. You've got quarterbacks these days rushing for over 1,000 and throwing for 3,000-4,000 yards as the standard for dual threats. I don't think Eric would even be an afterthought for Heisman discussion - not because he wouldn't be deserving as one of the nation's best players, but because our offense wasn't conducive to giving him the numbers he would need.

Very true. In '01, there wasn't really anyone Heisman worthy, besides maybe Dantzler or Simms IMO. Crouch deserved it by far, even in todays society, if he performed that way, rushing 1115 yards for 18 TDs, and throwing for 1510 and 7 TD's, he would be in for the talk and a finalist. I don't think he would have won with throwing 10 INT's.

These guys weren't even invited. Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

I don't think he would have won with throwing 10 INT's.

And I don't think Martinez would win it leading the nation in fumbles. And this just in: he is in position to lead the country or share the lead in the country for fumbles for the 3rd straight year. He had 16 as a frosh(14 was the next closest), 13 last year(tied for worst) and 11 thus far this year. IF he can clean that up and avoid the games where he has 3 INTs, he will definitely be in consideration. Most would have said he improved this year, but his stats show that he is still a liability to fumble.

• 8 months later...

He does have to work on ball security. That's an ongoing issue with T-Magic. But if he was able to transform himself from an abysmal passer the last two years into a pretty darned good passer this year, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that he could fix his turnover issues between this year and next. And if he does that, he could be part of the conversation.

↑↑↑

If this above happens this year, we will be in the hunt for NCG and if we are, TM will be in the discussion for the award! IMO :ahhhhhhhh