Poor coaching moves

irafreak

Well after watching Washington's Steve Sarkisian ice his own kicker at the end of regulation to make sure Washington state didn't have a few seconds left on the clock to...oh I don't know....throw a hail mary or return a squib kick...I thought that we really need a thread to list some of the crazier decisions coaches make throughout sports. Granted this might have been better started at the beginning of the season....

Maybe we can reminisce. Obviously yesterday's Lions schwartz challenge flag was a pretty big, yet understandable mistake. What else have we seen this season?

Saw John L. Smith prove why he will no longer be employed soon when he opted for a field goal at the one centimeter line, and then punted away the ball with 4th and 4 with 3 minutes left in a game that he had NOTHING to lose by playing aggressively for the win.  (side note on Les Miles.......I want to go to the track with him because he is the luckiest coach on the planet!)

Saw John L. Smith prove why he will no longer be employed soon when he opted for a field goal at the one centimeter line, and then punted away the ball with 4th and 4 with 3 minutes left in a game that he had NOTHING to lose by playing aggressively for the win. (side note on Les Miles.......I want to go to the track with him because he is the luckiest coach on the planet!)

In his defense, there were about 7 minutes left at the time but their defense couldn't get LSU off the field. But like you, I probably would have gone for it on 4th down also.

OMG...what is Lane kiffin doing? First and goal and you burn two minutes off the clock down two scores....then you waste a timeout and run the ball for the 3rd straight time for no gain. Ridiculous....

what about the last second timeout he called that took a td off the board? What about going for it on 4th and goal (not getting it) when you need a td AND field goal regardless. Garbage coaching. This stuff is basics.

OMG...what is Lane kiffin doing? First and goal and you burn two minutes off the clock down two scores....then you waste a timeout and run the ball for the 3rd straight time for no gain. Ridiculous....

what about the last second timeout he called that took a td off the board? What about going for it on 4th and goal (not getting it) when you need a td AND field goal regardless. Garbage coaching. This stuff is basics.

I'm so stunned the announcers didn't catch why he called that timeout. The playclock hit zero but the refs missed the call. It should have been a delay of game. I would have just allowed the delay of game. Give more room for the receivers but that's why he called that timeout.

Let's hope all those USC recruits are reading And listening to all the experts questioning Lame Kiffens HCing ability! Unbelievable! 1st and goal on the 2 two separate times and get 3 points. Doesn't kick the field goal with 3minutes left to make it a one score game giving his team a shot at an onside kick. Mismanagement of timeouts and playclocks. And Monte Kiffen needs to hang it up. He looks outmatched in every game. And don't tell me they don't have the talent.

Oh my Lord....Romeo Crennell is one of the worst HC's I have ever seen. This chiefs team is the worst in my lifetime hands down and probably the worst ever.

Down a score with 6 minutes left and the ball at midfield on 4th and six you call a timeout to PUNT!!!! Are you kidding me! By burning your second timeout you just committed to going for it. Incompetence. Might as well fire him midseason. Team will probably improve by default.

Oh my Lord....Romeo Crennell is one of the worst HC's I have ever seen. This chiefs team is the worst in my lifetime hands down and probably the worst ever.

Down a score with 6 minutes left and the ball at midfield on 4th and six you call a timeout to PUNT!!!! Are you kidding me! By burning your second timeout you just committed to going for it. Incompetence. Might as well fire him midseason. Team will probably improve by default.

:lol:

Yeah, firing him after 11 games as the official head coach would be the right way to go.

The Chiefs just don't have enough talent. Jamal Charles, Hali, Derrick Johnson, Eric Berry, and Flowers are all good, and Moeaki and Bowe are decent, but other than that, everybody else blows. They need to start spending money on players or they will never be a respectable team.

The jury is still out on Crennell, and I am completely unimpressed with him as a head coach, but canning him at this point would be a mistake IMO.