Georgia's Aaron Murray and Big 10 QBs

Haspula

http://espn.go.com/c...r/2012/group/80

Murray's QB rating is 172.4 which is #2 overall in the entire country. Martinez is #38

When you look at some of the other QBs we've faced in the big ten, the highest one ranked is Braxton Miller at #44 (140.5). McGloin is at #53 (137.7), Iowa's at #108, and Russell Bellomy at #456 (-.7). So obviously we have not faced a great passing QB in the big ten. Our secondary will have its hands full facing a good QB coming from an SEC conference that is defensively superior than any other conference. Gonna be an interesting game on jan 3.

At least we get extra time to practice. Maybe Beck will come up with a new game plan and Paps will realize that GA is already game planning to run all over us on the edges. #29 should have a field take from his DE/LB spot. Imagine that, using an athlete in both spots........

Go with youth. Get the young guys tons of reps and plan to use this "speed".

Right now I predict they could hang 100 on us if they wanted to. Our D staff, save Joseph, appears completely inept. Of course facing the number 2 QB in the nation might make me change my opinion.

Can't roll the safeties us because we will need the coverage across the top.

I really hope we win. I do not think we will, but it will be a great measuring stick to let us know where we really are. GA is no slouch team.

Murray does seem impressive... better, I'd think, than any QB we have faced. That said, the match-up problem lies elsewhere. The Georgia defensive line and their offensive line are vastly superior to what NU has faced. In the trenches it is likely that the NU players will be rag-doll thrown around all day... both sides of the ball. Our linebackers will have to fill gaps rapidly and not miss tackles... or this game will get away from the Skers' early and big if they do not.

It's the running game that's going to hurt us more. Though once we sell out on the run, they will kill us on the pass.

Go on and believe that. No pass rush and a QB that is #2 in the country. We'll see.

Do you think they will even bother trying to pass when they are jet sweeping their way to 60 yard gains every drive?

We (UGA) are good, but not invincible. Did you see our games against Buffalo, Kentucky, Tennessee? All of these teams moved the ball on us. Hopefully, we have improved since then, but I think our SEC reputation is holding us to perhaps a loftier standard.

As far the offensive game plan, usually its pretty simple for UGA. We are going to try and establish the run to make the play action go. We usually run on first down, but lately we have thrown it a little more on first down. What makes Murray so valuable is he is so experienced at this point in his career. He will go up to the line, try to determine what defensive set Nebraska is in and then call a pass or a run play based on that to try and exploit it to our advantage. If we get the run game going, he will pop you with a long pump and go pass or back shoulder fade pass. Even though we lost a couple of 1st string receivers due to injury, these receivers can catch and run after the catch.

Defensively, I think a power running team like Bama or even Tennessee hurts us worse than a mobile QB. The strength of our defense appears to be speed and not power. Obviously our nose guards can really get a push, but other than that it is more of a speed rush. I say that when we have only faced a couple of mobile QBs, but other than USCe we contained most of them pretty well.

Our special not terrible, but not too special either.

Looking forward to a good game. I am glad we are not facing that power rushing attack that you guys pummeled UF with in the 90s.