My take, not trying to make

NUinID

excuses.

Wisky was an angry, healthy, motivated team with a huge chip on there shoulder. They came to play and win. They were loose and were going to let it all hang out.

Nebraska was a beat up,and tired team coming in that wanted to survive. They were tight.

Going into this game I was worried that this might be the case and my worst nightmare came to fruition.

Nebraska needed to have things go right from the get go to get some momentum and it didn't.

I don't understand why once things go south Bo's players can't start playing for pride. This game tackling wise was like the UCLA game.

I don't understand why he can't get his players motivated to play when they are suppose to win. How come he only seems to motivate his players when it is an us against the world mentality?

thanks for the post. Remember when NU had a team psychologist? My uneducated guess is that there is something in the mind set of coaches and players that leads to bad things when the game starts going downhill.

No need to call it a guess - it's so apparent that I can't even think of a proper analogy. It is absolutely, without question something in the mind set of the coaches and players that leads to bad things.

It's something entirely bizarre, eerie and unexplicable. Those that resort to saying that THE problem is recruiting, or coaching, or lack of execution, or whatever else are deceiving themselves.

thanks for the post. Remember when NU had a team psychologist? My uneducated guess is that there is something in the mind set of coaches and players that leads to bad things when the game starts going downhill.
No need to call it a guess - it's so apparent that I can't even think of a proper analogy. It is absolutely, without question something in the mind set of the coaches and players that leads to bad things. It's something entirely bizarre, eerie and unexplicable. Those that resort to saying that THE problem is recruiting, or coaching, or lack of execution, or whatever else are deceiving themselves.

Wouldnt both of these items fall under the psycology portion? Part of coaching is psycology, a major portion I might add. Execution or lack of it comes from your mindset which goes back to coaching and the psycological side of it.

excuses.

Wisky was an angry, healthy, motivated team with a huge chip on there shoulder. They came to play and win. They were loose and were going to let it all hang out.

Nebraska was a beat up,and tired team coming in that wanted to survive. They were tight.

Going into this game I was worried that this might be the case and my worst nightmare came to fruition.

Nebraska needed to have things go right from the get go to get some momentum and it didn't.

I don't understand why once things go south Bo's players can't start playing for pride. This game tackling wise was like the UCLA game.

I don't understand why he can't get his players motivated to play when they are suppose to win. How come he only seems to motivate his players when it is an us against the world mentality?

This explains a loss. This DOES NOT explain the total melt down that we watched on Saturday.

As for the psychologist, I think one is needed. However, this team was tough enough to come from behind in 4 games this year. This was after they played like crap in the first half of games. The coaches were able to go into the locker room at half time and make adjustments and motivate the team to come out and win in the second half. This team didn't give up in 6 straight games of a tough schedule.

Where did that team go? There is something wrong with how this team approaches big games. The average game throughout the season they do well. The three games this year that were highlighted before the season were on the road against UCLA, OSU and the CCG. Those were the biggest games on the schedule. Two of those weren't against world beater teams. But, the results are all the same.

Then, look at all the games in between those three games. Our team was mentally tough enough to over come mistakes.

I just don't get it.

Nebraska has four people on its sports psychology staff.

Then, the question is, is Bo willing to use them and listen to them?

Or, do they need evaluated?

This is to imply that they're not involved with the team. This would not be correct.

Hey guys long time reader, first time poster and all SKER! I agree with you, Wisconsin was the more ready squad. Lets not blame the squad and coaching for having to scratch and claw to legitimately qualify for the B10 Championship game. Wisconsin knew three weeks ago they could lose out and still play for the B10 Championship. They put everything into the game. The Huskers had to actually go out and beat teams to qualify. They didn't just have to beat an over hyped Indiana to qualify. The Husker represented the state with great pride this season. TEN wins is a huge accomplishment. The season had so many wonderful memories: from REX crashing over the goal line like it was 2011 vs. Iowa to clinch the division to T.O. leading the team onto the field one last time during the most exticing two minutes in sports for the Tunnel March to the big win in Chicago vs. Northwestern that had us all ready to party in Wrigly Ville that night! What a great season. I believe we need to lock BO up to a contract extenison! Look at where the team was before he was hired! And now, 10 wins in the B10! Iowa locked up Kirk Ferenz for years and BO is 10x the coach he is! Lets also embrace these division championships the team has won the past three out of four years in two conferences. This is a huge accomplishment for a program that was a joke 6 years ago. Lets put up the banners or dedicate a small wing in the hall of honor to these athletes who have brought so much great football play to the state of Nebraska! Most schools rejoice a division championship, lets honor our players forever for the glory they brought us in winning these division CHAMPIONSHIPS! Soon enough with BO leading us there will be a B10 Championship and then we'll be back to being the best team in the land where the Huskers place rightfully is! Don't let one loss detur us! NEBRASKA WILL RISE AGAIN! The game was a fluke! The law of large numbers is on the Skers side! We saw the real Skers for 6 games and now one bad game can't change that.

• Fire 3

How many comebacks this year? 2 or 3 of them when half of the huskerboard game thread posters quit on the game? Generalized statements like this don't work.

I don't think there are easy answers to any of this.

This is to imply that they're not involved with the team. This would not be correct.

I'm not implying anything. I truly don't know the inner workings of the program like some people.

And, being "involved" in the team might not be what I'm asking. If the psychology staff works with the team and they come to Bo and say..."We think you need to change and to XYZ and he doesn't do XYZ"....that could be a problem. I don't expect anyone on here to know if that happens.

I'm not implying anything. I truly don't know the inner workings of the program like some people.

And, being "involved" in the team might not be what I'm asking. If the psychology staff works with the team and they come to Bo and say..."We think you need to change and to XYZ and he doesn't do XYZ"....that could be a problem. I don't expect anyone on here to know if that happens.

So you're not implying anything, you're just asking leading questions that could be interpreted as doubting that certain things are happening. Gotcha.

How many comebacks this year? 2 or 3 of them when half of the huskerboard game thread posters quit on the game? Generalized statements like this don't work.

I don't think there are easy answers to any of this.

I'm not talking about being down 12-14 pts at halftime and coming back, I'm talking about being down 42-10 at half time and playing hard in the second half and losing 49-31. Thats playing for pride. I didn't quit on this game I watched the whole thing.

And IMO it wasn't the offense not playing hard, they were, it was the defense. They get down and start looking at each other and have a deer in the head light look.

No there aren't any easy answers.

So you're not implying anything, you're just asking leading questions that could be interpreted as doubting that certain things are happening. Gotcha.

I simply asked if Bo uses the staff. Wow....