What will it take for B1G schools to open their wallets

With all of the money we and other schools are starting to cash in at some point we need to join the arms race of the SEC. They aren't afraid to go after anyone and give them anything to get the job done. Helll they even poach each others coaches. At some point the B1G has to start investing the money they are raking in. Personally I would love to see NU get ahead of the curve by going out and poaching the best coordinators and position coaches and start writing checks. Granted I don't think Bo would go along with this, but eventually it's going to have to be done. Why not be the ones to start it?

With all of the money we and other schools are starting to cash in at some point we need to join the arms race of the SEC. They aren't afraid to go after anyone and give them anything to get the job done. Helll they even poach each others coaches. At some point the B1G has to start investing the money they are raking in. Personally I would love to see NU get ahead of the curve by going out and poaching the best coordinators and position coaches and start writing checks. Granted I don't think Bo would go along with this, but eventually it's going to have to be done. Why not be the ones to start it?

Wouldn't mind seeing a new DC. Beck can stay. New O-Line coach would be nice too.

• Fire 1

Wouldn't mind seeing a new DC. Beck can stay. New O-Line coach would be nice too.

Honestly I don't know why we don't go right into a hornets nest like Alabama/Oregon/LSU and just start writing checks a taking what we want. What's the worst that could happen, they say no, or we force some other school to spend more money to keep their own people they have invested in. It's a win/win and we need to become cutthroat businessmen if we are serious about becoming relevant again.

• Fire 1

Bo calls the defensive plays. So if we get a DC we need to have one that is actually in charge of the defense

it is good to have dreams.

Who knows maybe the new AD won't be a puss. Any chance we could get Mark Cuban as a consultant?

So your saying the old AD was a puss. and No. 2 what the f#*k for.

I'm not saying TO is a puss at all. I am just hoping the new AD isn't afraid to go ruffle some feathers around CFB because that is what needs to happen if we are serious about becoming relevant. As for Cuban that was more of a joke, but I am sure he doesn't spending money and ruffling feathers and its worked pretty well for him.

Bo calls the defensive plays. So if we get a DC we need to have one that is actually in charge of the defense

Won't happen. As I have said before, Bo will never let anyone run another D here. I just don't think JP is ready for the responsibility. One can wish though.