What will it take for B1G schools to open their wallets

With all of the money we and other schools are starting to cash in at some point we need to join the arms race of the SEC. They aren't afraid to go after anyone and give them anything to get the job done. Helll they even poach each others coaches. At some point the B1G has to start investing the money they are raking in. Personally I would love to see NU get ahead of the curve by going out and poaching the best coordinators and position coaches and start writing checks. Granted I don't think Bo would go along with this, but eventually it's going to have to be done. Why not be the ones to start it?

Wouldn't mind seeing a new DC. Beck can stay. New O-Line coach would be nice too.

Bo calls the defensive plays. So if we get a DC we need to have one that is actually in charge of the defense

Won't happen. As I have said before, Bo will never let anyone run another D here. I just don't think JP is ready for the responsibility. One can wish though.

Maybe Bo can go hire a new head coach himself and he can go back to d-coordinator if this is the case. (Sarcasm)

My understanding was Bo had an open pocketbook available to him. He didn't make use of it.

may be he didn't need to.

Five years, Milt consulting, an extra coach later, the stasis and backslide of our OL has been a huge liability and limits what the team has been able to do. Not sure I'll ever be convinced that we shouldn't have shelled out for a star OL coach from the beginning. And I hope that's what we'll do now.

it is good to have dreams.

Who knows maybe the new AD won't be a puss. Any chance we could get Mark Cuban as a consultant?

You need to watch your f'ing mouth. That man has done more this program than you ever will. GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're taking what I said out of context. I never mentioned anyone other than the new AD. I know TO has done a lot I'm not effing retarded. I just don't want the new AD to be scared of driving the Ferrari now that he has the keys and a straight away.

excuse the Big10 schools for still being educational institutions. Football aint the only thing.

Just because you like to focus on education doesn't mean you can't take money from an exponentially growing tv deal for athletics and spend it to improve yourself. Saying B1G schools are focused more on education is just a cop out and an excuse. They have plenty of money to do both.

My understanding was Bo had an open pocketbook available to him. He didn't make use of it.

Five years, Milt consulting, an extra coach later, the stasis and backslide of our OL has been a huge liability and limits what the team has been able to do. Not sure I'll ever be convinced that we shouldn't have shelled out for a star OL coach from the beginning. And I hope that's what we'll do now.

So your saying for a fact! that Milt helped with his knowledge of OF line for five years? please provide us with some facts to back this up. (I understand your closer to this school than I am) but until i see some proof.

I'll look at it as most of these poster are but hurt because he got hired in the first place.

Who knows maybe the new AD won't be a puss. Any chance we could get Mark Cuban as a consultant?

You need to watch your f'ing mouth. That man has done more this program than you ever will. GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're taking what I said out of context. I never mentioned anyone other than the new AD. I know TO has done a lot I'm not effing retarded. I just don't want the new AD to be scared of driving the Ferrari now that he has the keys and a straight away.

Actually you did imply that TO was a puss.

Really the biggest thing from keeping B1G schools from paying big money for coaches is that they don't have to. The conference is a money machine, it doesn't matter if the teams are competing at the highest level. All 12 schools will make more money than anyone else in the country(save Texas maybe).

Good point. If your not desperate to find a coach. then you don’t need to be the SEC.

So your saying for a fact! that Milt helped with his knowledge of OF line for five years? please provide us with some facts to back this up. (I understand your closer to this school than I am) but until i see some proof.

I'll look at it as most of these poster are but hurt because he got hired in the first place.

I don't have any connections, it's only from following the program and reading this board mainly. Not for five years. Milt was brought in to consult starting I forget when, 2011? Maybe earlier. The 2010-2011 seasons run together in my memory a little.

There's another guy too aside from Milt and Garrison, I forget who...some former Husker OL, I think, also helping around. Dangit, somebody help me out here...point is, Barney had to get help brought in because they needed to shore up that position group.

And our OL is still not satisfactory, without which we simply cannot demand excellent results, I think. Want a 12 win team, you're gonna need a pretty bangin' line.

(edit: I think it was probably the '10 season and that other guy was Stai. Not totally sure)

You are spot on

I don't have any connections, it's only from following the program and reading this board mainly. Not for five years. Milt was brought in to consult starting I forget when, 2011? Maybe earlier. The 2010-2011 seasons run together in my memory a little.

There's another guy too aside from Milt and Garrison, I forget who...some former Husker OL, I think, also helping around. Dangit, somebody help me out here...point is, Barney had to get help brought in because they needed to shore up that position group.

And our OL is still not satisfactory, without which we simply cannot demand excellent results, I think. Want a 12 win team, you're gonna need a pretty bangin' line.

(edit: I think it was probably the '10 season and that other guy was Stai. Not totally sure)

Stai is helping with the OL and Milt has been for couple years. We basically have added two OL coaches and a tutor for Cotton and we still suck...time to get rid of our OL coaches and bring in a stud OL coach and recruiter

thanks , but when I read sh#t like this all i see is someone that despised Barney from the beginning. the OF line has been good and bad. (one doesn't score the point we have this year for being sh**ty) but you seam to focus on the negative all the time.

could it be better, hell yes.

but as you said you really have no ties to the program and you really have no clue what happens during the week, so all you have is just an opinion, nothing more than what i have.

Stai is helping with the OL and Milt has been for couple years. We basically have added two OL coaches and a tutor for Cotton and we still suck...time to get rid of our OL coaches and bring in a stud OL coach and recruiter

can you provide us with some facts.

Actually you did imply that TO was a puss.

That's the way I inferred it. Thus my response. If that is not what you meant, I apologize.