Player Leadership on the team

TGHusker

they get the gift of getting another shot at us and the comfort of preparing for us 2-3 weeks in advance

The problem with this excuse is; Wisconsin was much more prepared for Ohio State than we were, taking them to overtime. And they were every bit as prepared for Penn State.

It's not like they just looked passed those teams and prepared for us. They were prepared for every single one of their games.

Exactly. And they took both of those teams down to the wire in very physical matchups IIRC. There is no excuse for what went down in Indy. We just came out and laid an egg.

they get the gift of getting another shot at us and the comfort of preparing for us 2-3 weeks in advance

The problem with this excuse is; Wisconsin was much more prepared for Ohio State than we were, taking them to overtime. And they were every bit as prepared for Penn State.

It's not like they just looked passed those teams and prepared for us. They were prepared for every single one of their games.

I disagree. I do think they looked passed those teams. I believe Bo said himself after the ohio state loss, "This game didn't matter". And at some point you have to accept there are other factors that play into this crazy world of college football, that is why we love it right? You call them excuses, I call it reality. Do you want me to explain how Meyer and gang get to play scott free football because they have absolutely 0 pressure on them this season? That isn't a factor? Review the game, I do recall meyer going for it on 4 and 1 on his side of the field. I may be wrong, but that is scott free football.

Well dukie you have no clue. I never look for conference championships and never ever expect MNC. But only in Nebraska would a person think that another team does not prepare for games other than the one with Nebraska.

In honesty I would take Wisconsin's season over Nebraska's. They improved, gained revenge, and are playing in a Major Bowl. Their future is bright,but ours is the same as it has been for the last ten years. Maybe, just maybe our schedule will be weak enough so we can keep the great 9 win season streak going. It means sooooooooo much to many on this board. Oh and we still have the continous worry about some team taking Bo away from us,, eh not so much. We got this turkey till the cows come home, like a lead weight around our necks. So we need to make the best of it. We won ten games. Yea.

It is not about wins or losses for me. It is how the game is played, how prepared we are, not how many excuses we can make. Poor Nebraska had to win 6 games in a row, my gosh how will we do it, the preasure of all those bullies beating on poor Nebraska. Well we did beat a bunch of no bodies, but you just swallow what ever you put out there. Glad Tom was able to barely handle 6 wins, Saben, and Miles, Kelley and Kelly, how do they manage to win 6 in a row. Is it even possible? Woops!!!!

We got our asses beat by a far superior team, and they did easily. But of course they did not want to beat Ohio State or Penn State, one that literally killed us and the other we got lucky on.

And if you had a clue I have said we can not fire Bo. I do not want him fired, I want him to do his job and do what he promised from day one. He has yet to accomplish either in my mind. You maybe happy with National Ass Beatings. I am not.

Well dukie you have no clue. I never look for conference championships and never ever expect MNC. But only in Nebraska would a person think that another team does not prepare for games other than the one with Nebraska.

In honesty I would take Wisconsin's season over Nebraska's. They improved, gained revenge, and are playing in a Major Bowl. Their future is bright,but ours is the same as it has been for the last ten years. Maybe, just maybe our schedule will be weak enough so we can keep the great 9 win season streak going. It means sooooooooo much to many on this board. Oh and we still have the continous worry about some team taking Bo away from us,, eh not so much. We got this turkey till the cows come home, like a lead weight around our necks. So we need to make the best of it. We won ten games. Yea.

It is not about wins or losses for me. It is how the game is played, how prepared we are, not how many excuses we can make. Poor Nebraska had to win 6 games in a row, my gosh how will we do it, the preasure of all those bullies beating on poor Nebraska. Well we did beat a bunch of no bodies, but you just swallow what ever you put out there. Glad Tom was able to barely handle 6 wins, Saben, and Miles, Kelley and Kelly, how do they manage to win 6 in a row. Is it even possible? Woops!!!!

We got our asses beat by a far superior team, and they did easily. But of course they did not want to beat Ohio State or Penn State, one that literally killed us and the other we got lucky on.

And if you had a clue I have said we can not fire Bo. I do not want him fired, I want him to do his job and do what he promised from day one. He has yet to accomplish either in my mind. You maybe happy with National Ass Beatings. I am not.

You would take Wisconsin's 7-5 season over our 10-3 season? If we were 7-5 right now, Bo would ACTUALLY be on the hot seat.

Shark,

In sincerity I would. I see progress with the season Wisconsin had. Close game with Ohio State, Oregon State, Penn State, Nebraska early. I see them improving. All though losing their coach may have a different affect. I see them playing with pride, moving forward, gaining experience and learning from their shortfalls. I do not see that at Nebraska

I have not looked at their roster, but most are the same.

We lose a lot this year, most likely they do to.

But from finishes this year to next I would take theirs in a heart beat. I feel they earned their 8-5 season and we lucked into ours.

For me it is not about wins and losses, it is improvement, pride, doing things right. The last game is a huge step backwards, gigantic. If the bowl game is anywhere near the epic proportions of this game, he may not make it through the off season.

We really can not afford to have a new coach. He needs to hire help period, he has to realize what he is doing is not working and he has to make changes. We as a program need him to suceed, very badly.

I do not like the guy, do not feel he has done his job, but in honesty I want him to. Not for Bo but for this program. I do not see us getting anyone better currently. Most realize the talent is not here, that a 10 win coach was fired. We would only be making a lateral move at best. I do not think this program will spend the money and in honesty it would take a huge amount for a top coach to come here.

He has to make this work. I am just sick of hearing how great he is doing by winning 9-10 games and forgetting about the huge losses we have endured. Those have been epic, we hired a guy to win epic. Not happened so far. Hell I don't even care if we win, I just want to see us in every game, or at least within two touchdowns. I don't think that is much to ask for in honesty.