Player Leadership on the team

TGHusker

Oh my god the preasure of winning six games, it is just tooooo much. But last year when we trounced Michigan State it had nothing to do with that.

Give this crap a break. Bama, Oregon, ND, Florida, Georgia, Kansas State and a few others went more than 6 straight. My god can we look for any other excuses for getting our butts kicked. We got beat by a better team it happens, not blow out proportions but it happens.

According to the players we were ready. If it is not stated after every loss we need to win out by every coach in America I would be very surprised. I am sure they don't say well maybe we can win some more.

• Fire 2

Oh my god the preasure of winning six games, it is just tooooo much. But last year when we trounced Michigan State it had nothing to do with that.

Give this crap a break. Bama, Oregon, ND, Florida, Georgia, Kansas State and a few others went more than 6 straight. My god can we look for any other excuses for getting our butts kicked. We got beat by a better team it happens, not blow out proportions but it happens.

According to the players we were ready. If it is not stated after every loss we need to win out by every coach in America I would be very surprised. I am sure they don't say well maybe we can win some more.

Have to agree. Kids need to be ready to play week in and week out. Wisky was just as tires as us after having 3 of their last 4 go into OT IIRC. We simply got out coached and beat like we stole something. excuses just make it worse. The kids trained with SEALS in the off season. Went through the "Program" run by a former Recon Marine. All of these guys are SOF and tough. Mentally and physically. One thing that I am sure was stressed was that the mind quits way before the body. Their interaction with these guys would have included a healthy aspect of the mental side of things.

No excuses. Out coached and flat out beat. no moral victories because we were tired, worn out, mentally exhausted etc...

Have to agree. Kids need to be ready to play week in and week out. Wisky was just as tires as us after having 3 of their last 4 go into OT IIRC. We simply got out coached and beat like we stole something. excuses just make it worse. The kids trained with SEALS in the off season. Went through the "Program" run by a former Recon Marine. All of these guys are SOF and tough. Mentally and physically. One thing that I am sure was stressed was that the mind quits way before the body. Their interaction with these guys would have included a healthy aspect of the mental side of things.

No excuses. Out coached and flat out beat. no moral victories because we were tired, worn out, mentally exhausted etc...

You just don't get it do you?

Wisc was just as tired as we were?

WISC cemented their division 2-3 weeks before we did? Really???? Just as tired?

WISC was awarded for having a dismal season-- they get the gift of getting another shot at us and the comfort of preparing for us 2-3 weeks in advance

Husker cry babies are hard learners

You did make a good point though, these are just "kids" out there

And exactly how did they get the three weeks. Your saying they decided to just lose the games on their schedule just to play us.

I ask you the same question, did you ever play a sport?

Their disappointment of season showed promise, the ability to persevier and move forward, play the game the right way.

The only difference between their season and our, the ball bounced our way and not theirs. But as for a team developing down the road they outplayed us from every angle it seems.

Take off the extremely dark red glasses and look at reality.

Lol I agree with what most people are saying. Between Compton, Burkhead, Cotton, and others, there was plenty of player leadership on this team. And it showed. This team is just lacking in talent in key areas (namely the defensive line and linebacker) and that's why we had major struggles at times. Don't fault the player leadership this year; it was there.

You just don't get it do you?

Wisc was just as tired as we were?

WISC cemented their division 2-3 weeks before we did? Really???? Just as tired?

WISC was awarded for having a dismal season-- they get the gift of getting another shot at us and the comfort of preparing for us 2-3 weeks in advance

Husker cry babies are hard learners

You did make a good point though, these are just "kids" out there

Yea I do. We got our a$$es handed to us on national TV to the tune of the most amount of yards ever put on a Husker team on the ground since forever and people are now trying to say we were tired. Anyone who has been a fan for more than 10 years should throw up in their mouth that we have fallen so low as to try and blame a blow out loss on being tired. Embarrassing.

Tired? Why? Because we have no depth? We didn't rotate RB's? We didn't develop depth so that we could start 3 walk-on OL all season so the guys on schollie could sit and watch. Tired from having Cam move to DT because we had no other guys who could play? Tired from chasing Ball up the field after running for over 200 yrds?

Which "tired" are you referring to?

We got manhandled. Coaches failed to adjust. The better team (on that day) won.

Using the excuse logic, we beat Wisky that first time because some guys on their normal D rotation were out and they had a new OL coach (former GA). We beat Michicken because DR went down. Beat NW because they refused to let Colter play QB more. PSU, we got them at home and the crappy call for the fumble.

Cry me a river with the excuses. I am sure that the team would be offended that we are trying to excuse their loss. They are not.

This team has leadership, especially with the "win out" gauntlet dropped by Bo after the Ohio State loss. I wanted the championship win just as much as the next fan. I am very pleased with the 10 win season. Its alot better than what all mighty MICHIGAN can say right now. I am going out on a lonely limb right now. I predict a W in the Capitol One Bowl. Sorry dawgs!

There was one point during the game when Wisconsin had 63 points at the time, I believe. They had just run it in- Again. The camera pans to the sideline. Will Compton is looking at the big screen with a dumbfounded look on his face. Alonzo Whaley looks up, looks at Will, shrugs his shoulders and turns away.

Those are the leaders our team has declared since September. However, I wouldn't expect anything more out of those kids at that point. What else are you going to do? There's a point where you realize, no matter how much heart you have, it's over.

I posted this in the other thread about leadership.

"Regardless, the sun's going to rise tomorrow. We have to understand that," said Compton, his voice cracking with emotion. "For a little bit, it's going to feel like the world's ending. It always does. And this is one in particular, you worked ... so hard to get here. And for it to slip away like it did and get away from us the way we let it get away from us ... that definitely wasn't something I expected."

"We have to get it corrected," Compton said. "If not, guys just need to not play for us if they don't want to pick up the pieces and get it together and get an 11th win."

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2012/capital-one-bowl/huskers-must-pick-up-pieces-after-bitter-defeat/article_0e0779f3-adf1-566f-a0a6-645cd2a11d93.html

And exactly how did they get the three weeks. Your saying they decided to just lose the games on their schedule just to play us.

I ask you the same question, did you ever play a sport?

Their disappointment of season showed promise, the ability to persevier and move forward, play the game the right way.

The only difference between their season and our, the ball bounced our way and not theirs. But as for a team developing down the road they outplayed us from every angle it seems.

Take off the extremely dark red glasses and look at reality.

he only difference between their season and our, the ball bounced our way and not theirs.

he only difference between their season and our, the ball bounced our way and not theirs.

Are you kidding me guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nu_0EbWvfo

Put yourself int he shoes of a coach, just for a moment, and quit expecting to win the national title every year. You have your division locked up 2-3 weeks, a national title is already out of the question, your next big game is playing Nebraska A revenge game, to play in the rose bowl, do you start preparing for that game or waste all of the time getting ready for Penn St? A game that literally, doesn't matter.

WE DIDNT HAVE OURS LOCKED UP UNTIL MICH LOST TO OSU------ 1 week before the game against wisc??? RIGHT?? They were just as pressured as we were???? NO

OH by the way, WISC had 5 starters back from the previous time we played them, and how many starters had we lost? Do you think about these things? Revenge?

Oh fun fact, Did WISC defeat a team with a B1G winning record? Just as tired as we were??? The ball didn't flop their way?

WE RAN THE GAUNTLET. Literally, these first 2 years were to designed to negate us from winning the b1g, and you cry baby all day because we didn't

You refuse to look at the facts. 70-31 OMGZ FIRE FIRE FIRE WE SUCKZ! Depth bop bop bop bop bop

they get the gift of getting another shot at us and the comfort of preparing for us 2-3 weeks in advance

The problem with this excuse is; Wisconsin was much more prepared for Ohio State than we were, taking them to overtime. And they were every bit as prepared for Penn State.

It's not like they just looked passed those teams and prepared for us. They were prepared for every single one of their games.